Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StrangerVille Picture Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Comments

• SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    The sparring interaction of the military career is really cool to watch
    jmeq7Dr.jpg
    AJu1gh9.jpg

I couldn't figure out how to have my military career Sim (a premade Sim) practice sparring. It wasn't under friendly interactions.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited February 2019
    mwahahaha Miss Belle (not her true name btw her real name is classified) just gave some fruit to her assistant (it can be found under mischief if you have the new fruit in your inventory) and is now observing the results for her further research.
    R6cWt87.png
    OKivTx8.png

ohh and i also discovered that infected sims can plant these new plants around the neighbourhood without having the fruit in their inventories! i'll check the results of this as well, see if there is any difference between one planted with fruit and this special interaction.

update: apparantly once you fed someone this fruit they can randomly get the infected moodlet again :D my test subject just got it again out of nowhere and she has a special trait it seems called "infected"! this just keeps getting more interesting :) so it is possible to deliberately spread this insanity to other towns as well making the devious sims in my games very amused >:)
    Post edited by DanmanNefarius on
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Maybe this will prevent sims from drinking constant glasses of water now. :naughty:
    5fix6td.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    edited February 2019
    Conner and his younger brother Marrick have moved to Strangerville. :):)rjmvXs8.jpgHis mom still had the key from their last resident...and I guess they kept the same locks...since she just walked right in6g3C4OI.jpg
    This rundown motel is possibly my favorite detail yetrjHaQpq.jpgNU5vfzT.jpg
    Conner joined the military and begain marching around town when a weird sim had to walk side by side with himYhaL5NB.jpgThe strange plant is all over town1Hxl3f5.jpg The van was starting it's rounds at nightcaDBXZU.jpgThe next day he got promoted and went to the bar to meet with his coworkerszf8uuby.jpgWell what happened here29zDyjk.jpgEveryone must've left in a rushgmZKBLa.jpgWent to the shop and bought a souvenir t shirt and a bug...nothing like planting one on your long-distance girlfriendKJRs21b.jpg
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    A couple of pictures :lol:

gfa3qfh.png

E7AXjvd.jpg

plane in the sky :o

LCPgWVZ.jpg

IJ28yY0.png

looks like she could be infected lol

dhmLvJg.png

jhWk8Pd.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    Hmm.maybe it's time to break up?ZflNAIE.jpgThe new fitness machine is real neatgWp9iiP.jpgThat uppercut punchzovhIV2.jpg
  • erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member

These are the Lab Rat...er...I mean Lah-Bratt Cousins. Melissa Lah is an author with writer's block who moved to Strangerville with her cousin Vanessa Bratt.

4htyzd.jpg

What could be more inspiring than to create characters based off of the weird townspeople for her next sci-fi novel? Vanessa warns her that they might be getting too close to uncovering a big mystery, though. Will they be the military's-dun, dun, duuuun-next lab rats?

Vanessa...
    searched for evidence at the lab.

2qnmywp.png

She finally managed to unlock its secret door.

2njf0wk.png

You have the options to taunt or nurture the plant and I sure as heck wasn't going to nurture it!

10oeo0x.png

However, taunting it seemed to release spores and made vines grow through the lab's plumbing.

2upcjuc.png

Uh-oh! What a pickle she's gotten herself into. :D
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    per usual, @Netzspannung makes the most amazing outfits when a pack comes out. several of these are currently mysteriously finding their way onto some of my own sims...

here are a few non-spoilery close-ups of some scaly residents of strangerville. both these shots were taken near the curio stand, though i've seen both residents in other places, as well

214bf8d9b845251ee7aaf811cb6852e9.png
    66176fabd260682f3759ca8eff1bc50f.png

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    When I was playing and saw the snakes I yelled snakes! They are animated pretty well.. you can't interact with them but like the tumbleweeds, blowing dust, spores, ect ...they just add to it.
    142scgw.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I spent all my time so far in CAS, like I knew I would ...

sQ8tJh7.jpg

I swear you need to upload a little clothing shop for every pack. Your sims always look so good.

Thank you so much for your kind words! I enjoy CAS a lot and always hope I don't annoy everyone with too many pics. :smile:

Absolutely NOT annoying. I love seeing you dress up the Sims in new stuff. I have the game even and did not realize all the new CAS - as half the time I don't check out the new clothes and hairs until I change my sims wardrobes or happen to see things on townies I like. So it's very helpful to me to see the new stuff posted by others. And you do it so nicely.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I spent all my time so far in CAS, like I knew I would ...

sQ8tJh7.jpg

I swear you need to upload a little clothing shop for every pack. Your sims always look so good.

Thank you so much for your kind words! I enjoy CAS a lot and always hope I don't annoy everyone with too many pics. :smile:

I don't think you give us enough. :p What I really enjoy are your tops and bottoms combinations. Pairings I would have never thought of.
    so, this picture from netzspannung, the last two outfits, slightly modified, are now on the librarian spawned for strangerville (i love that she came with the paranoid trait. seems fitting)

and the first one really makes me want to work on turning a few of my sims native american (i've got a whopping four in my game already), esp considering both necklaces and the bracelet that came with the pack are absolutely based on navajo and related styles

kMhA3ed.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Love these 2 hairstyles
    02-27-19_5-00-42AM.png

02-27-19_5-00-51AM.png

I love this hat and it looks good with any hairstyle
    02-27-19_5-01-30AM.png
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited February 2019
    @catloverplayer
    I bugged the Grim Reaper, and learned some things about him us cat lovers would rather not know. Oh Grim, say it isn't so! :'(:'(:'(

D0d-ETYWsAAcDIl.jpg:large
    "Oh I much prefer cats... They're tastier and less filling."
    D0d_KMNX0AUzCVY.jpg:large
    D0eAVwxXgAIrJzp.jpg:large
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    @catloverplayer
    I bugged the Grim Reaper, and learned some things about him us cat lovers would rather not know. Oh Grim, say it isn't so! :'(:'(:'(

I need to just play a blackmailer sim at some point to get the goods on everyone :D
    egTcBMc.png
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! When you do, share your results! lol
    nice on bugging grim...i was hoping to get him around when i had a sim die to the new strangerville death, but he never showed, alas. he, father winter, and the flower bunny are all on my list

i've tried bugging aliens, vampires, infected, plantsims and ghosts... seems like none of the special lifestates have anything unique to say. double alas

i do like that grim's comment is 'strangerville evidence' instead of just something for blackmail
    @kalaksed I'm definitely interested in knowing what secrets Father Winter and the Flower Bunny are hiding! lol Please share when you get your results. I didn't notice anything unique with the alien and vampire I bugged either. I'm also wondering if the Tragic Clown would have anything unique to say. I'll have to find out tomorrow, though, cause it is waaaaaaay past my bed time. LOL
    Lol hope Father Winter talks about his late night conquests.. doubt it but I could dream :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited February 2019
    @kalaksed Thank you for the compliment, I'm always glad to be part of the eternal well of inspiration this forum is for all things Sims. :)
    @simgirl1010 Glad to hear it, thank you! And if you like those, I spent an hour in CAS yesterday just combining the new waterfall jacket with items from other packs. I posted some of the result on my profile page because this thread is more about gameplay. That jacket is the most versatile piece of this pack.
    @Writin_Reg I almost overlooked your kind words, thank you so much! I am very glad to read that my CAS obsession is helpful to other players. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    different save file and I"ve already used this pic but I really like how neighborly they are.... :p
    ZvGQGwLl.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @catloverplayer

D0eAVwxXgAIrJzp.jpg:large

LoL.😂😂😂😂
    edited February 2019
    Lol hope Father Winter talks about his late night conquests.. doubt it but I could dream :).

Maybe he ll talk about the elves in The North Pole.😂😂😂😂😂
    @kalaksed Thank you for the compliment, I'm always glad to be part of the eternal well of inspiration this forum is for all things Sims. :)
    @simgirl1010 Glad to hear it, thank you! And if you like those, I spent an hour in CAS yesterday just combining the new waterfall jacket with items from other packs. I posted some of the result on my profile page because this thread is more about gameplay. That jacket is the most versatile piece of this pack.
    @Writin_Reg I almost overlooked your kind words, thank you so much! I am very glad to read that my CAS obsession is helpful to other players. :)

What does the waterfall jacket look like?
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    so, this picture from netzspannung, the last two outfits, slightly modified, are now on the librarian spawned for strangerville (i love that she came with the paranoid trait. seems fitting)

and the first one really makes me want to work on turning a few of my sims native american (i've got a whopping four in my game already), esp considering both necklaces and the bracelet that came with the pack are absolutely based on navajo and related styles

kMhA3ed.jpg

I can totally see outfit 2 & 3 on a librarian, especially the 2nd one, very nice. And I also agree on the dress and hairstyle in the first picture and the jewellery, especially with the look of the new world, which really reminds one of Arizona.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...