Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Spoiler Post] Someone has posted ...

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2019
    imhappy wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    But the thing is..... besides the story and the said spoiler....what does this pack really HAVE to offer than that? A laptop ? Military career? Other than this silly story and a new world I don't see the real reason other to get it... Sorry don't mean to sound negative, but I...am just very disappointed.

Think of it like Sims 3 where you buy a world from the store.

So now we’re buying small worlds with pre-set lot amounts and lore because EA couldn’t be bothered to ensure we could create our own for the first time since TS1? :neutral:

Good point. But in Sims 3, we could make our own worlds, and people still bought them from the store.

Sure enough but I let someone else make the worlds as the CAW has an steep learning curve and I did not have the patience and there was some beautiful worlds that was created too. As far as the store went I just waited for special sales, they gave up some for free or daily deal and earn some simoleons. Another thing the store offered me you did not have to buy the whole set, with Sims 4 packs you have no choice.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Spoilers never seem to bother me. I guess because I play with things my way. Just makes me want to play it out and incorporate it into my gameplay more.
    "I'm a mean green mother from outer space and I'm mad! Mean, green mad!"
    Okay so no clue if that's true that it comes from outer space but it makes me smile to think that it does or could. Glad I even have Seymour in one of my games.. so he get's a story line addition also in my game. As well as my many scientists and Strangetown remades from Sims 2.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    As always, I'll reserve full judgement until I actually play the pack, but I don't see any issues with it as long as they implement it properly. I had a great time with The Sims Castaway and The Sims Medieval (I actually still play TSM), so I don't mind what they're trying to do, as long as you're able to free play around it.

For me, this is an exciting new twist and not cause for alarm.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I'll say that I find it interesting that they are adding this to the game. But I also want the gurus to remember that the Sims is a life simulation, and the main reason why the series is so popular is the fact that you can play how you want to. It's a sandbox open ended game. And when you try to reshape, mold, and force it into something that it's not, it then loses what made it so special to began with. Less linear and more open and free game play. Boss battles, side quests, etc. The Sims is not an MMORPG.

But with that said. This little mini game added in, along with new out fits, objects, hair, etc. I don't mind. But I also haven't played it yet. I just don't want to see this become a habit. I want them to make EP and SP and even GP that will enhance and add to gameplay. And continue to allow us, as players, to play how we want. And to keep the core of the game a life simulator and sandbox.

Do I make sense? lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    As always, I'll reserve full judgement until I actually play the pack, but I don't see any issues with it as long as they implement it properly. I had a great time with The Sims Castaway and The Sims Medieval (I actually still play TSM), so I don't mind what they're trying to do, as long as you're able to free play around it.

For me, this is an exciting new twist and not cause for alarm.

Me too. I loved all the Sims stories that came out during the Sims 2 era. But with that said, they also weren't incorporated into the Sims 2. They were standalone, side games. Whereas this will be full integrated into the Sims 4. As for Sims Medieval. I'm still loving that game, actually started a LP on my channel for it. I remember when it first came out I stayed up playing that thing for ages. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    mika wrote: »
    Do y'all believe anything you read? That site is NOT reliable and once said Pets would come with both horses and unicorns for TS4 due to "coding" they found (it didnt).
    It's strange that the devs would make so many references to Bella Goth if the final boss is an alien plant. I think a plant will be involved in some way, but this site constantly posts rumors and speculation as if they're fact so I dont trust them or believe that this is all there is to it.

Edited to add a spoiler tag in case of possible spoilers. Even if you think something may not be a spoiler, please use the tags to respect those who might! - EA_Cian

You mean the post where they INDEED found horse coding and that it was a SPECULATION that they could come into the game? Right I remember reading that too. The website, JUST like SimsVIP is a Sims News AND Speculation site. Don’t blame them because you can’t read and got your hopes up
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    What the...I'm speechless. I knew this pack was blurring the lines of a life simulation but I had no clue it would tip the scale completely. This is horrible. I'm truly worried if this continues.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited February 2019
    Do y'all believe anything you read? That site is NOT reliable and once said Pets would come with both horses and unicorns for TS4 due to "coding" they found (it didnt).
    It's strange that the devs would make so many references to Bella Goth if the final boss is an alien plant. I think a plant will be involved in some way, but this site constantly posts rumors and speculation as if they're fact so I dont trust them or believe that this is all there is to it.

Edited to add a spoiler tag in case of possible spoilers. Even if you think something may not be a spoiler, please use the tags to respect those who might! - EA_Cian

You mean the post where they INDEED found horse coding and that it was a SPECULATION that they could come into the game? Right I remember reading that too. The website, JUST like SimsVIP is a Sims News AND Speculation site. Don’t blame them because you can’t read and got your hopes up

Is this a fake? I thought it was written by someone that played it. Are they making assumptions based off code alone?
  • Options
    soko37 wrote: »

Is this a fake? I thought it was written by someone that played it. Are they making assumptions based off code alone?

They did find coding that had to do with horses and then when the code was removed they updated their post to reflect that.

If you’re talking about StrangerVille, they do have an early copy of the game so they most likely have reached that far. The embargo ends tomorrow so people are already making videos.

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I’ll be getting it simply for the new world and new CAS & Build/Buy items. Looking forward to the new things that come with the pack, but I’ll be passing on playing with the storyline. Just not interested in TS4-RPG, but that’s just me. :p
    My girlfriend will be the one enjoying that aspect of the pack, so at least it won’t go to waste.
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    I am more excited about this pack now than ever before. Just the kind of excitement I need. I realize not all people will like it, and that's okay. I am one that loved the Myst series, but also Sims Medieval, and Sims 3 World Adventures. I still play all of them. I always loved a mystery game of any kind, and they've been in the Sims before, so I don't think this is out of place at all for the Sims.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I'm happy to get another world to live in, especially one as big as the last EP world with 11 lots.

11 lots isn't big at all. Del Sol Valley is way too small. One thing I really hate about TS4 is how small the worlds are compared to TS3.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I'm happy to get another world to live in, especially one as big as the last EP world with 11 lots.

11 lots isn't big at all. Del Sol Valley is way too small. One thing I really hate about TS4 is how small the worlds are compared to TS3.

11 lots IS big for a GP. I wouldn't mind a smaller world like Strangerville in an EP if it meant more lots and less fake vistas.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Actually, all the neighborhoods in Sims 4 is smaller than Sims 3. I do not think I saw an neighborhood given in an GP only with an EP I do not remember for it has been so long.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

With the addition of Strangerville to the Sims 4 world, there will be a grand total of 174 lots in all of the worlds combined. With more to come!

How big was the biggest world in Sims 3?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    fullspiral wrote: »

With the addition of Strangerville to the Sims 4 world, there will be a grand total of 174 lots in all of the worlds combined. With more to come!

I don't care how big was the biggest world in TS3. You could add more lots in the worlds and make custom ones. In TS4 you can't change the environment or add extra lots. What you see is what you get. If I wanted to add more lots to Strangerville or Willow Creek, because I like the aesthetic of the town and would like to add extra places to go there, I couldn't. TS3 also didn't have lots you can't change or modify as I recall correctly a side maybe from tombs in WA.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    fullspiral wrote: »

Hmmm, I wish I knew however if we are going for an total of lots combined Sims 3 goes way over 174 and most of them one did not have pay for as you do in Sims 4. Sure some are still coming in Sims 4 and I am wondering when am I going to get some free neighborhoods. Now there is one thing that I like in Sims 4 is the connection between the neighborhoods but in time as they add more neighborhoods it might stress Sims 4. An drawback to Sims 4 neighborhoods is they are static and there is no moving from that. I would enjoy Sims 4 neighborhoods more if I could alter the size of the lots let alone move them around. However, even if Sims 3 did not have the connection feature, I was happy with the addition of worlds and they could be customized, not in Sims 4. :(
  • Options
    Not that anyone cares, but I’ve decided to just read the post the OP provided. Unless I win one of the giveaways I’ve entered I won’t be able to play right away anyway and I don’t wanna just NOT watch my favorite YouTubers lol. Plus I think I was spiked a bit anyway since people don’t know how to use the spoilers function in the forum 🙄

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    But the thing is..... besides the story and the said spoiler....what does this pack really HAVE to offer than that? A laptop ? Military career? Other than this silly story and a new world I don't see the real reason other to get it... Sorry don't mean to sound negative, but I...am just very disappointed.

Think of it like Sims 3 where you buy a world from the store.

So now we’re buying small worlds with pre-set lot amounts and lore because EA couldn’t be bothered to ensure we could create our own for the first time since TS1? :neutral:

Good point. But in Sims 3, we could make our own worlds, and people still bought them from the store.

Actually we paid 20 or more bucks just for a store world with nothing special about it - so special additions and new careers alone is a bonus over Sims 3 store worlds if you think about it. I paid 47 dollars for Lucky Palms because it gave us gambling for our Sims for crying out loud. To each their own. I own the store in Sims 3 - so I know people like me will buy when there is little special about a world - it's a new world and new Sims, and weirdness is a bonus

Of course back during Sims 3 days I had more money to throw around and was not as ill as I am now - but I still want this pack. That has not changed. Now a days it serves another purpose - it gets my mind off of real life and lets me get lost in the game. Real life bites - so I welcome the twists and turns of a pack like this.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....