Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Spoiler Post] Someone has posted ...

Comments

• MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Oh... No. Even worse than I thought, and I was already disinterested.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited February 2019
    When do we get the game pack that finally adds the genre The Sims is supposed to be into The Sims 4? Seems like we are getting literally everything else, and it’s so disappointing to see. If I wanted boss battles with health bars, I’d play a different game for that. I come to The Sims to play The Sims.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited February 2019
    It sounds a bit lame if I’m honest. Perhaps the actual game play will be better?

I’m more concerned at the length.

SimGuruHouts confirmed that the actual mystery gameplay may last from 4-5 hours on a normal rate.
    y'all got bread?
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Just a quick reminder that as we get into discussions of spoilers that, as the OP has done, please make use of the spoiler tag if you wish to share spoilers. Ya know like
    this spoiler section?
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I agree with those that aren't really feeling the RPG angle. If I wanted a set story to follow, I would pick almost any other game. One of the main reasons I love the Sims is because it allows me to create and control my own stories, so if I'm being really honest this pack doesn't appeal to me as much as the others. However, from what I have read about it, thankfully it does still have lots to offer, such as a nice new world, the military career, CAS / build items, laptops etc. I will admit though that I probably wouldn't want any more packs with a set story emphasis. I'm sandbox all the way.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited February 2019
    Even if The boss battle is a mother plant lol and the end prize is a seed that we can plant of our own and raise like the cowplant (which I'm assuming might be the case) it is different... I mean different isn't necessarily bad. I do have to admit I was a little let down seeing the spoiler on that site, however, because I never really saw a Sims PC game as a type of RPG game unless it was a "side" game like Medieval or life stories. So it's very odd for them to add this type of playing to the game. Then again, as I've said before, different isn't always bad. I'm going to again save anything else I have to say after I see some gameplay. I feel like then I can really comment on how I completely feel about everything
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Does anyone know how legit that is? I don't think I ever read "fake news" on Simscommunity, but this sounds... wild. And the embargo lift is in like 29 hours, so I'm surprised someone revealed part of the game code.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited February 2019
    Do y'all believe anything you read? That site is NOT reliable and once said Pets would come with both horses and unicorns for TS4 due to "coding" they found (it didnt).
    It's strange that the devs would make so many references to Bella Goth if the final boss is an alien plant. I think a plant will be involved in some way, but this site constantly posts rumors and speculation as if they're fact so I dont trust them or believe that this is all there is to it.

Edited to add a spoiler tag in case of possible spoilers. Even if you think something may not be a spoiler, please use the tags to respect those who might! - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    My love for this is twofold:

1. A boss fight in a Sims title is both amazing and hilarious. It would be exactly the sort of fresh air that this series -- which really hasn't innovated since The Sims 2 -- sorely needs.
    2. I have long wanted something like a story event in a sims game. Every world has its own, and as the player you have the option to follow it. And it doesn't always have to be some global threat to our existence culminating in a boss fight. In fact, that sort of thing should be an exception, rather than a rule. Maybe when you move into Willow Creek you are given the prompt that you have been invited to a ball at Goth Manor. Maybe you can even have an opional secondary objective of finding a +1. Then when you get there you find that Bella has gone missing, and Mortimer is suspect number one and you have to unravel the mystery in Angela Lansbury fashion.

This sort of thing gives your sim some ties to this world. Mortimer Goth doesn't hate you because you randomly exchanged rude words at the nightclub. No, he hates you because you implicated him in his wife's disappearance. You didn't meet your spouse while randomly walking your dog, but rather she was your partner in investigating a murder mystery. And, of course, you can just ignore quest starter until you want to do it, or cancel it to remove it altogether.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I think it's a good thing that RPG games can be added as packs, like this. Anyone who want the challenge, can buy it, others can avoid it. The only thing that bothers me is that new career, laptop and probably a few more new features are added to a pack that doesn't suit all types of gamers. I'd like to see more RPG packs in the future, but would like the new content to be reserved packs adding to the sandbox concept. What if they add a GP focusing on 50 ways to tear the hair of your sim's head, and that pack includes bunk beds! :O
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I think it's a good thing that RPG games can be added as packs, like this. Anyone who want the challenge, can buy it, others can avoid it. The only thing that bothers me is that new career, laptop and probably a few more new features are added to a pack that doesn't suit all types of gamers. I'd like to see more RPG packs in the future, but would like the new content to be reserved packs adding to the sandbox concept. What if they add a GP focusing on 50 ways to tear the hair of your sim's head, and that pack includes bunk beds! :O

Which pack has suited ALL player types? None. Everyone has a decision to make: to purchase or not. To each their own on the rationale behind the decision. But to imply that the developers curb which objects they put in a pack based off the reality that everyone isn't going to loved the pack shortchanges those that do. The pack is the pack along with the contents coming with it. Some people will be pleased, some won't.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited February 2019
    Deleted.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited February 2019
    We know there are some type of alien looking pod plants because we see them in the trailer. We have an idea that there is some threat at the end to overcome. Whether it's a giant alien looking plant or Bella gone nuts or some other interesting threat, whatever it is will still need to be overcome in order to "solve" the mystery.

I will play the mystery in all of my main saves using different sims and going about it in different ways. In some saves, I'll finish the mystery so I can have a nice, quiet desert town for sims to move into. In other saves, I will restart the mystery so the effects of it can be seen in an attempt to "live" with the situation and make the best of it. Some sims in Strangerville will know that something isn't right about their little berg while others will be blissfully unaware.

So many options. I am so excited and can't wait for Tuesday.

Edited to add spoiler tags. - EA_Cian
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Even if you don't think there's much merit to this, please try to use spoiler tags when discussing it out of respect for other Simmers, tyvm.
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
    EA_Cian wrote: »
    Even if you don't think there's much merit to this, please try to use spoiler tags when discussing it out of respect for other Simmers, tyvm.

Sorry. I was going to do that and forgot. Thanks for fixing that issue.
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    edited August 2019
    This is what annoys me most about this pack, it seems to focus on RPG elements than tools to help make this game more sandboxy. I thought that the focus of this game was YOU rule.
    Post edited by doedear on
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited February 2019
    But the thing is..... besides the story and the said spoiler....what does this pack really HAVE to offer than that? A laptop ? Military career? Other than this silly story and a new world I don't see the real reason other to get it... Sorry don't mean to sound negative, but I...am just very disappointed.
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    But the thing is..... besides the story and the said spoiler....what does this pack really HAVE to offer than that? A laptop ? Military career? Other than this silly story and a new world I don't see the real reason other to get it... Sorry don't mean to sound negative, but I...am just very disappointed.

Think of it like Sims 3 where you buy a world from the store.
    imhappy wrote: »

So now we’re buying small worlds with pre-set lot amounts and lore because EA couldn’t be bothered to ensure we could create our own for the first time since TS1? :neutral:
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

So now we’re buying small worlds with pre-set lot amounts and lore because EA couldn’t be bothered to ensure we could create our own for the first time since TS1? :neutral:

Good point. But in Sims 3, we could make our own worlds, and people still bought them from the store.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Well this is a new experience; for the first time I'm so disinterested in a sims pack that I'm done with it before it's even been released.

I am genuinely happy though for those who are looking foward to this.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    I'm happy to get another world to live in, especially one as big as the last EP world with 11 lots.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Good point. But in Sims 3, we could make our own worlds, and people still bought them from the store.

True, I'm not at all defending TS3's store; I disliked it very much. It's just unfortunate that they took away our ability to create worlds ourselves, and replaced them with such teeny, tiny worlds.

I like a nice storyline going in each world, with plenty of creative backstories for each Sim, but I am not at all a fan of EA dictating how the storyline of the game should go from start to finish; that's entirely against the spirit of The Sims' main series. We should always be the ones in control. This pack really reeks of a spin-off that EA decided to shove into TS4 because it was either cheaper or simpler for them to do.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    If what's stated in the spoiler is true, I am very unimpressed and also quite surprised.
    Definitely not anything I'm interested in Sims4.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    doedear wrote: »
    This is what annoys me most about this pack, it seems to focus on RPG elements than tools to help make this game more sandboxy. I thought that was the focus of this game was YOU rule.

For me it is all an illusion that you ruled anything or even challenge everything as it used to be thier motto. Since the day Sims 4 came into play those mottos became meanless. However I do have an choice as well EA/Maxis has their choices and if they want to push this they could if they want and it is my choice to not to buy it completely or get it at an price ifeel I will get my money worth for at face value for me the pack is not worth $20 for an play it once and it is done and an paid neighborhood. Yes, this pack and there were others that changed the direction and all one has to think back some packs ago and even it will come to mind even if it was not story driven part of the pack. However the direction really changed when Sims came into play.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen