Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Spoiler Post] Someone has posted ...

KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
So apparently Sims Community has posted an article .... Your thoughts?

https://simscommunity.info/2019/02/22/the-sims-4-strangerville-information-about-the-endgame-major-spoilers/?fbclid=IwAR2K8Vxk_oGEx5ajGRImbzb6IoYCCZBlgSwJL_t18lXOFBakkX8RJXMo6aI <--- I really don't like how that is...the sims is NOT a RPG game. . :( This is making me not want the pack even more, not I am FOR sure waiting for LGR's review and wait till it's dirt cheap no way I am paying full price.

EDIT : Changed title.
Post edited by KaeChan2089 on

Comments

• Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I’m on console, so it’ll be forever before the pack is available and by then everyone and their grandma will have spoiled it 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’m okay with it, from a “one off” perspective. If this becomes a new regular thing, maybe not so much. It will depend on how successful EA is with isolating the story-mode from everything else. If linear story can be ignored and the pack still function as basically a new world with skill, objects, CaS etc then it doesn’t really hurt anything being there as an additional option.
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I read it, and it's not really my thing. But I'll reserve judgement until after I watch some play throughs and will try it once myself. Plus, I'm more excited about the other attributes, the world, military career, etc.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I read it, and it's not really my thing. But I'll reserve judgment until after I watch some playthroughs and will try it once myself. Plus, I'm more excited about the other attributes, the world, military career, etc.

I think it's okay to have side quests in certain packs. Provided we're not required to do them

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Interesting.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Oh this just sounds even worse than I thought. Are we sure this is The Sims?

Thank you, next.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

Thank you, next.

IKR? I don't know what they were thinking...
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Thank you, next.

I'm 100% on board for the weird and strange in the Sims. Sims 2 and 3 were fantastic with it. But not like this. Good sweet Lord, not like this.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I read it, as I really don't care about 'spoilers'. Having done so, I want the pack even more. It sounds like the greatest thing ever to happen to this series. Hilariously amazing.

You failed, internet spoilers. Your efforts have only increased my love for the devs.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2019
    Huh? Now I'm intrigued... haha, funny how the part they left out is what got me on board... You guys,I play the sims as an RPG and if this "End Game" didn't sound lame, I would go for this.

If what I imagine is correct, It opens the door for better fights between supernatural. I'm willing to see how this pans out. I don't care for Premade Battles, but if I can install my own sims as Final Bosses, This Could be interesting.

I mean it certainly is a game changer!

I'll bite.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    ĐØ ₦Ø₮ ⱤɆ₴ł₴₮ ₮ⱧɆ ₥Ø₮ⱧɆⱤ ฿Ɇ Ø₦Ɇ ₩ł₮Ⱨ ₮ⱧɆ ₥Ø₮ⱧɆⱤ well still looks like the sims4 to me
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member

Thank you, next.

I'm 100% on board for the weird and strange in the Sims. Sims 2 and 3 were fantastic with it. But not like this. Good sweet Lord, not like this.

Right?! The entire premise of the Sims games is that they're sandbox games, there's really no final goal to finish. Looks like they threw that right out the window with this pack. They aren't listening to us.
  • Options
    It's like anything else. All the Jasmine things. Goal-oriented. A one-off "battle" doesn't ruin the rest of the GP. I'm more curious about what the reward is for the defeat!

I'm still going to enjoy my sim getting from A to B. Little side excursions like this give me something to DO in the game. because there's really not much aside from going to bars or restaurants.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    What I got from it is that we will have to do a Plant Negotiation. I have done this in Sims FreePlay already (which is hilarious to watch). Not sure I want to do this in a PC Sims game.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Ugh, this really seals the deal for me. Definitely not buying this. If I wanted to play an RPG I'd play one. But the sims is supposed to be an open ended simulation, not a wannabe RPG. You would think they would have learned their lesson after Sims Medieval failed, but I guess not.
  • Options
    I really don't feel like the GP is strictly about solving this mystery. I think it can add a lot for those of us that play more than realistic family play.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2019
    Somebody was hinting at the ending in earlier posts in some threads. Well, defintely waiting for the half price sale, do not care if I knew the end or not and just play the paid neighborhood that I will get at an cheaper price like $17.99 :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    Honestly, this just makes me want it more.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2019
    fullspiral wrote: »
    It's like anything else. All the Jasmine things. Goal-oriented. A one-off "battle" doesn't ruin the rest of the GP. I'm more curious about what the reward is for the defeat!

I'm still going to enjoy my sim getting from A to B. Little side excursions like this give me something to DO in the game. because there's really not much aside from going to bars or restaurants.

Truth.
    It better not be just spawn egg, or to regrow the *Spoiler*
    It should be something that, I don't want to have to go into cheats, and Cheat something else for my victory.

Like if I defeated a werewolf in my game, they should drop a Fang or something or if I defeated a Sorcerer, their wand, or some kind of artifact, some kind of trophy. a Spawn egg can be a trophy, but it's not extravagant.

Also, they Give you a reason to defeat it... Now I'm assuming I can put any one of my sims in these situations? is it the career I have to part in? Hopefully it's not too guided, like Events, I want to be able to defeat things with my own creativity. What if my sim is defeated by this creature?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I read it and I'm fine with it. It is pretty much how I imagined it would be after watching the trailer. Plus, let's not forget, you aren't forced to solve the mystery, you can ignore it and just play an ordinary sandbox version like every other world. So, I don't see what the big deal is, especially if it opens up better fights between other supernaturals.

As it stands now, there's no way to affect the outcome of a fight between two vampires. But, if it depended more on the skill levels of the two sims, it would be worth training for the fight. The stronger and/or smarter sim would be in a better position to win. It wouldn't just be random anymore.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Interesting, it's an actual battle. I always thought that sims needed to give us more involvement with combat, though this isn't what I had in mind. I imagine it's going to be pretty simple and depend on luck/repetitiously answering questions on how to do something, rather than being a "real" battle. Like a turn-based RPG? Maybe with a little bit of skill grinding.

Disappointed that plants are the big threat of this pack, though I kind of already guessed that by now. Even zombies would have been cooler. At least it's not aliens, though?

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    Interesting.. It is more like Starship Troopers than the retro Sims 2 version. I am still super keen to play it (^‿^) *ᕼᗩᑭᑭY*
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    It sounds a bit lame if I’m honest. Perhaps the actual game play will be better?

I’m more concerned at the length.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I don't play storylines like that...what I'm interested in is if there are going to be any brand-new venues to make Sims 4 even more exciting. Get Famous just had the boring,run-of-the-mill base game venues...I sure hope this pack will introduce new venues like video game arcades,conievience stores,etc.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    edited February 2019
    Im still going for the military career, the outfits and the world, but its gonna be modded as hell.. "no disease mod".. "no more walking like zombies mod"... "no more eyes like sims on drugs".. and so on...

Oh gosh I would love a toogle... Next sims game, please, make sure that the motto "I rule" means something..
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    I don't play storylines like that...what I'm interested in is if there are going to be any brand-new venues to make Sims 4 even more exciting. Get Famous just had the boring,run-of-the-mill base game venues...I sure hope this pack will introduce new venues like video game arcades,conievience stores,etc.

We definitely need new venue types that aren't driven by the items required on them. It's really tiresome to have to make everything a bar, or spa, or library or museum, or nightclub, etc.

The lot traits don't change the function of the lot at all except direct who goes to it. It's not fun when every lot is the same type.