Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on Strangerville?

167891012...Next

Comments

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Also, I wanted to add something else on my previous comment, but I completely forgot. I know that this was more of a "test" pack for The Sims 4, but it'd be awesome if the Sims team could implement more story branches in the future. I mean, it'd be best if the end result of the mystery changed from time to time. Just an idea, that's all. I really like the pack and hope to see more in the future.

The problem, again, is that if the main feature of the pack is a short story, and it still has a good amount of CAS / Build stuff, it means we who are not interested in the story have to get it anyway.

I would prefer a new category: $4.99 story packs, that just adds a story to a world, so I don't have to pay $20 for build items. Or maybe better, ALSO sell the "stuff" on the side as a non story non world pack with only CAS and Build items for 4.99.

Best idea I have seen.
    How is this a 5 dollar game it has a world CAS items Build & Buy items? I’m sorry if you think it’s not worth it for the story but I paid 20 dollars for the cas the world and build and buy items. I don’t feel like I was ripped off.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Interesting and intriguing - nice to see something new
    Having played this I think that it is repayable. You just fit it into different story lines and characters that you are playing. Right now am working on building up a four person team for the final fight. You may not play StrangerVille every game or every character, but it's there.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Also, I wanted to add something else on my previous comment, but I completely forgot. I know that this was more of a "test" pack for The Sims 4, but it'd be awesome if the Sims team could implement more story branches in the future. I mean, it'd be best if the end result of the mystery changed from time to time. Just an idea, that's all. I really like the pack and hope to see more in the future.

The problem, again, is that if the main feature of the pack is a short story, and it still has a good amount of CAS / Build stuff, it means we who are not interested in the story have to get it anyway.

I would prefer a new category: $4.99 story packs, that just adds a story to a world, so I don't have to pay $20 for build items. Or maybe better, ALSO sell the "stuff" on the side as a non story non world pack with only CAS and Build items for 4.99.

Best idea I have seen.
    How is this a 5 dollar game it has a world CAS items Build & Buy items? I’m sorry if you think it’s not worth it for the story but I paid 20 dollars for the cas the world and build and buy items. I don’t feel like I was ripped off.

I was NOT talking about the world.
    I have said several times here that I find the world uninspired, generic and boring. I was only talking about the CAS and build items.

And no, that is not a snub of the creators, it is my preference. Remember, the one world I play 95% of households in is San Myshuno. It is by FAR my favorite world.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited March 2019
    With clocking in hours in this gamepack now I gotta say--

Strangerville is definitely one of my favorite gamepacks. (I've enjoyed gamepacks thus far) :) Definitely new and I understand people being skeptic or just not liking that usual formula broken from the usual traditional sim pack and not wanting anything that's one and done. The story, yes, but I still get a lot of re-playability, especially with different sims. It is a pack that came out of left field for sure.
    bZYh9Up.png

I really like the overall atmosphere. While looking around at night, listening to the coyotes and other sounds definitely sets the atmosphere for this small, out of the way town. Though when you progress further story wise the sounds just get weird and creepy and you don't even hear the 'normal' night life animals. Sets a certain creep factor for sure. Never knew how much of an aesthetic for epidemic/apocalyptic things I needed.
    WrHb1Es.png
    Love them in other games and I think the build/buy mode really captures it and I've been getting a lot of use out of them. Really love making run down, old bars. Especially seedy ones that had a backroom for playing cards, darts, bubble blowing hookahs with having a room for listening to sims you've bugged and can even blackmail them.
    MrzXCAX.png

Also, been having fun building bunkers and even more so underground labs with quarantine rooms for infected sims. Works nicely with GTW.

Wouldn't mind seeing something like this down in another pack, but keeping it more open ended when applying story element. (Like a randomized 'who done it' murder mystery would work pretty well with it.) Things are by no means perfect with this pack and definitely needs some more improvements, but I have and still do have a lot of fun with it.

Really like the Military career and the objects related to it. Never cared about having sims in it in any iteration , but this? I really liked. Oh, and also I really liked the desert/western CAS items that came with this. Also those new dreads are just too amazing.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    XDSelenaPotterXDSelenaPotter Posts: 66 Member
    I've already played the storytime 3 times! Only it is a bit short. But I am not complaining about anything! (It's just a nice package). Anyway I hope EA makes multiple packages like this! :p
    f291cda2.gif
  • Options
    amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member
    Interesting idea but looks weirdly executed
    My feeling is they could have done a better job with it. The story is way too short the CAS is meh and the Military career tasks are way too repetitive! It's not worth $20 for me.
    11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I have played an hour of it, and is utterly bored.
    I will cheat thru the aspiration tomorrow, there's no way I will look for more evidence. That's just beyond annoying.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I am enjoying this pack.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Interesting idea but looks weirdly executed

Best idea I have seen.

I do not feel ripped off because $4.99 is exactly what I paid for it as most may feel differently and find an way to pay for what it is worth to them. I do not think everybody is willing to pay $19.99 for the pack and some may like the pack but again feel it is not worth the full price. I got the pack and I like the neighborhood but then I look at EA/Maxis mechanics or tactics in getting it to sell.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen