Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on Strangerville?

Thoughts on Strangerville? 522 votes

Interesting and intriguing - nice to see something new
67%
DannydanboAkl500PFrn0731bshag4lvKolbyJoBass24uswindweaverDerellaGalacticGalIcewolfHejixJaseLaBlue0314jeepjeepcatalexspoom13IceyJTynkdavidp0418Bronwin2xbecky685x 351 votes
🐸🐸🐸🐸??
8%
Nh6650Cabelle1863sims2freak737mattandphilsims2PlayerSinger2010keekee53kerryemmiebethmcorralBagoas77NausKaeChan2089vcosleybevilletaydevGemSixxSpyguy747LogisitcsThenyoukissmepammiechickchrstal27 44 votes
Why are EA not giving us babies that are not objects or university
12%
auroraael14aprilroseayanasimsoveronGoldenBuffyJeansoodrake_mccartyScarbo27BluelleemorrillKiaraSims4ModsChanty25xoSnowyOwlxoyuppTenchi2aMikado-chanmercy55funbecks1112TLEE75Sanriel85 65 votes
Interesting idea but looks weirdly executed
11%
CK213GoldmoldaricmnfrshGRIMMYKita5399alan650111ZeriAyradyssMrsTomato1018mmt3363tanakakiAlrynnSchantalGabbyGirlJLynnwoodpuddleduck1Zeldaboy180Sajahiwormstache999fiercephoenix91 62 votes

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    We should all remember this is a GP. Eventually EA may choose to untether the babies from their bassinets, but we also much face the fact it may not be possible. Perhaps, in a later iteration, EA will keep it in mind to do for the babies what they did for our toddlers in Sims4. Hey, it could happen.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    It does look interesting as far as a town/world goes. Reminds me of tv shows where weird is the norm. My concern is if the pack has a set story, (which is unusual for the PC Sims) and what happens to the town once the mystery is solved? I know their trailers don't equal gameplay so what this pack is all about still seems alittle vague to me.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    My excitement is growing. I’m really into building at the moment and from what I’ve seen, it looks like we could be getting some great items for grungier builds. I love that.
  • EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    I loved the Strangerville town back in Ts2. I wonder if any of the Bella storyline will be explored with this. The weird faces almost look like something "the Joker" would do... Why so Serious? :P Im definitely among the crowd that wants to see a University soon but if that's more in line with an Expansion than a game pack then I'm OK with this and will happily purchase it. I only just got Ts4 due to the holiday sale.. I'm one of the Ts3 holdouts that still plays that as well on occasion.. and though there are a lot of things I miss from Ts3.. There is plenty about Ts4 I'm enjoying when I think about the things Ts2 had.. but Ts3.. never did... (Like resturants with Dine Out..) So this story driven town and the nostalgia of Strangerville I am definitely looking forward to.
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I feel like I can’t realky judge it because I don’t know much about what’s in the pack. I do think it’s an interesting idea and it’s nice to see something different. I hope they executed it well. I won’t immediately buy it. I will wait for reviews.
  • Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    I haven’t seen much on it but I’m interested in it so far. I have a lot of questions like is it supposed to be a virus outbreak? Will our main sims be affected or will it just be random npcs. I want my sim to have a chance to get infected and I don’t want the cure to come easy lol. Just my thoughts 😊
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Totally digging it! I'm so thirsty for weird and exciting stuff in my Sims' lives. :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am so ding dong excited for this pack! I can hardly sit still. What a breath of fresh air!
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸??
    I say this as nicely as I can. It looks like another one visit and done pack. I am not interested in the packs that are geared to only playing one single young adult sim. I have no interest in strange, supernatural, or conspiracy ideas. I will just wait longer for content that will intrigue me, but I have been let down for almost 3 years now.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Can't wait to get this one. Very excited.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    am excited and also find it be very interesting and wired at same time.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited February 2019
    I am pretty excited about this because I love this kind of stuff. As someone already mentioned in another discussion, I kinda get an Under the Dome feel, or perhaps something like Area 51! I think this pack is gonna be a lot fun.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I understand the neighborhood will be still around but the mystery is solved it may then be an normal neighborhood and what else or features this pack offers beyond the storyline that neighborhood and others and having infected Sims only in that neighborhood. If nothing else then I feel it is an paid neighborhood. But I may I have to wait and see if that is the case. I am looking at all angles and hope that is not the case.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I'm kind of "meh" on it right now, but we don't have a lot of info yet. I'm just too impatient for other features. :p
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    It will be interesting to see if this turns out to be a one-time play-through with one Sim. If that is the case then I will probably pass on this GP as I passed on Get Famous. Can the mystery in Strangerville be solved at all? Does the game reset as it does in Jungle Adventures, so we are not playing the same game over and over with different Sims as main characters? The idea of the game pack having no lasting value once the mystery is solved isn't my idea of new content. I would play it long enough to solve the mystery then move on. We need more info on the military career, added skills, CAS additions and what new B/B items are included before I make up my mind about buying the pack. Purchasing the new game pack would mean updating all my game-fixing mods again and that isn't an easy task. If the pre-release update fixes a few more glitches and allows me to play my game with fewer mods then I might consider purchasing something new. Truth be told, I haven't played Sims4 in a couple of months because I have been playing other games. A University expansion would bring me back to Sims4 in a heartbeat. Simply because it would have a lasting impact in my game.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Gotta say, it's an interesting concept I haven't really seen done in a sims game before not being rehashed.

So, it definitely has my interest. Cringed at the beginning of the strangeville trailer like 'HOLY---' Looks like something fresh and new, so definitely want to see how this plays out. I use a lot of things out of the gamepack and in my opinion they've been good, so curious to what else this will bring and I just like look of the town has an odd western feel to it a bit. The cinematic approach was really good with the trailer. Really into this creepy, weirdness about this whole pack.

Sims just being able to walk next to one another talking just blows my mind. (too bad routing in all sims game is so bad for it to even work)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • joelygirlsims2joelygirlsims2 Posts: 48 Member
    I love the idea! I'm super excited for it :)
  • stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    I can't wait! It's so refreshing :)
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited February 2019
    I like it! I'm interested in seeing what type of gameplay we're going to get. :)
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited February 2019
    🐸🐸🐸🐸??
    Imagine the “plum??” option as the strongest curse word you can think of. That’s what I think.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Looks fun & different, but what happens once you solve it, does it reset like Jungle Adventure, or does it just become a regular town after that?
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    I'm so keeping my fingers crossed that once you play through the mystery it will become a regular town. And if you want to try it with a different sim you could start a new save.
  • TLEE75TLEE75 Posts: 65 Member
    I'm Honestly Just extremely confused at this point, Even though my vote choice, that I didn't really think through, bc I didn't look at the other options bc I'm a total dork. Uh anyway. I'm just completely confused and I can't keep up anymore it is way too time-consuming.
    Mental Health Advocate
    Simmer
    Author
    https://www.wattpad.com/user/XoCayBunnii
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I’m loving the looks of StrangerVille!! Can’t wait to actually use it!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    I'll give it a try, but my main concern is that it sounds like it's a one time mystery. So once you play it through once, it's kind of dead. Maybe I'm wrong though. But what I really want is a University pack. I hate that that life stage is missing, it was my favorite in TS3.