Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which type of sim player are you?

Comments

• Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    like pretty much all of those except rotational. i rarely switch households within one town. if i want to make a new family i do it in a new save
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I like legacy style and using those Sims to tell stories. I also enjoy playing challenges.
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Storyteller
    I'm most of them depending on save and sim. I'm never a deviant player because I feel bad, not too much of a partyer unless the aspirations call for it, and role-play is minimal.

I chose storyteller because everything else I do, I do in line with whatever story I've come up with. I ha e yet to right them or organize them in anyway. They're all floating around my head, along with hundred of screenshots saved to imgur 😅

Interestingly, the less attached to a family I am, the more completionist I become. I'm more willing to grind and let their moods fall.
  • Options
    Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    Completionist/Challenger
    Definitely a completionist. I always have certain goals for my families to achieve.

I don’t understand what a role-player is?
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I have like 6 saves of different legacy families. I do have 2 challenge saves currently, and I have 1 build save.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    Rotational
    Definitely a completionist. I always have certain goals for my families to achieve.

I don’t understand what a role-player is?

I always role-play the chance cards thinking what my sim would do instead of trying to pick the most beneficial option. Same when they get invited out etc. For me it's trying to get into the character and I see it as an opposite to Completionist/Challenger (though you could alternate between the two of course).
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,685 Member
    Storyteller
    I'm basically a Laid-Back, quasi-rotational (as in once in awhile I'll remember to check in on other of my Sim's family members), family creator who sometimes tells my Sims' stories. ;) I would have added colonist since one of my saves takes place with my ancestors from the 18th century, (who were colonists) but then I read what you meant by that. I do build houses for my Sims, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Deviant
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    There are types of simmers so which one are you? (Borrowed this list off a Google search) :)

Also if you are more than one (which most will be) select the poll option you relate to the most, and feel free to comment the different ones you are

Differrent types:
    • Builder: replace all items in the world with player's own creations
    • Colonist: replace all sims currently prepopulated in the world with their own creations
    • Completionist/Challenger: completes all game "goals" such as careers & aspirations. Also/or enjoys doing sim challenges.
    • Deviant: performs interactions just to see what may happen and / or creates a bit of chaos in their sim world
    • Laid-back: does not take the game seriously, plays for leisure and enjoys using cheats / cc depending upon the necessary purpose
    • Legacy / Family Player: creates an extensive family tree using only one sim
    • Role-player: takes on a personal role through their sims lives
    • Rotational: rotates from household, to household
    • Storyteller: performs actions in-game to create a story of which is written / depicted later
    • Woohoo hound / partyer: enjoys woohooing, enough said :)

I'm a little bit of everything except the family/legacy or rotational player. Those just aren't appealing to me... particularly the way they're described for this poll.

I would love a version of the sims with an M game rating or, at the very least, with the more nuanced humor and sensuality of ts2.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    Really nice job with the poll options, @hunniboo1. You really covered all the possibilities.

I'm totally a Legacy/Family player with shades of Builder & Colonist mixed in.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2019
    Rotational
    I lke rotational play but i also like all the other offerings as well. It depends on when I am in the game and what household I am playing actually as to how I will play the game that day.

Sometimes I am a builder, some times I focus for days on one household and yet other days I may focus on as many households as I can squeeze in that day.

I always have a story going on of some kind in every household - I like all the aspects of the game and like to vary what i do from house to house. I don't like having less options - the more the merrier - that way all my play styles are my options. I have no play style fully set in stone and I like all options available- past and present.

I do not use cheats, mods or CC in a developing game - but I do believe they need to be part of the game for others that do like this kind of thing. The Sims need to be the place where Simmers tell THEIR Own story as the games creator wanted it to be - with no one cut out of options they like. The game needs player options not just dev options.

Those of us that wanted a bigger town or in my case a Hollywood area - I should have that option instead of not being able to buy a pack because the town does not fit my vision of Hollywood/LA. It is not right to take away something that big from players where creation of worlds or at least adding to the worlds has always been a part of the Sims. At least give us way to link more areas to devs towns to make the game our own. If sims 2 can do it - even Sims 1 had a code we could add on to towns to make them big if we wanted too - instead of getting no option. I want the fame ep - and it is not fair I cannot get it because of it rigid limits. Visual means nothing when you can't go there and live your vision. Options are too limited.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright. THAT is the Sims - first and foremost period.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Storyteller
    Storyteller here!

hihi this somehow reminded me of this video:
    https://youtu.be/lOllhdaZPgM
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    Colonist
    @Busufu Thanks for that. And "God bless them every one" as Tiny Tim said in "A Christmas Carol"

It would take more than 3 to 4 years to satisfy them all. >:)
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I love making legacy sims and planning out their family for generations upon generations .. but that's the thing I loved always about the sims are the ability to make a family :) always has been and always will.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited January 2019
    Legacy / Family Player
    Definitely more of a legacy/family player but I have been known to play out a story or two every once in awhile. I've even had a few games that were considered more completionist style and one very ambitious save in the sims 3 where I replaced every sim and residential lot in Sunset Valley with all my own creations.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I'm mostly a family player, but I'm also a colonist player. I do replace original buildings but I dont build, all my lots are taken from the gallery
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Laid-back
    I almost went with legacy/family player.. but my multiple saves, and free use of cheats and mods/CC made me go with laid-back..
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,551 Member
    edited January 2019
    Legacy / Family Player
    a family player but with aging fully turn off in game and I find the game more fun with aging fully off
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I love playing my families, and playing them until they naturally die out, then start another family from scratch. I also love raising large families, a feature many simmers don’t choose to partake in. Like for example, my sim couple has 4 kids, a cat, and a puppy. They would have another child, but all the slots in the household are taken up 😢
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Rotational
    Mostly rotational, I like to have several families & try to marry them all into one big family tree. But I also have a single sim save, for playing active careers that to me aren't really conducive to family play.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Role-player
    Role player

It encompasses all of the other choices. I guess...lol
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Completionist/Challenger
    I would also add I play Rotational, Legacy, and Builder style too.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,837 Member
    Role-player
    I picked role player, but from what I read into these options, I am a mish-mash of role player, storyteller and laid-back. I set up a scenario with a mostly general goal in mind, then just play, steering them in the basic direction I'd like to see them go.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I am mostly a legacy player, but I also play rotational because of my huge family tree and I let my sims do woohoo often with different sims to make new babies :D for the genetics of course.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Laid-back
    One sure way to make me NOT enjoy a game is to impose rules on my gameplay.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    Rotational
    Rotational Roleplayer with an extra save for Storytelling.

When I play a sim I AM that sim for the moment and when I switch to the next character I become that sim. It sounds more shizophrenic than it actually is. And although I'm good at being impartial, of course there's also times when I play favourites.