Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which type of sim player are you?

Comments

• Options
    jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    Colonist
    I'm actually very versatile when talking about play style in TS, but lately I am being more of a colonist/legacy player. I have one main family as my "legacy", but I control almost all other families using MCCC to decide who marries with who and this kind of stuff.
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited January 2019
    Woohoo hound / partyer
    Well this is embarrassing, am I the only one that lets their sims woo hoo their heads off? :D Well either I am. or some people aren't being honest rofl. I must qualify this choice by saying I always have been interested in the genetics of the game, and like seeing what combinations I get from my sims. I also am a story teller as I stay more interested in a family if I have a story for them. I also do like playing rotational.
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    edited January 2019
    Legacy / Family Player
    I'm a family player/storyteller, but I'm also laid back. I love mods and cheats (especially MCCC). I don't play Legacy style because it's too restricting-I like to do whatever I want, create a story- but I like making huge families. I mostly stick to my one family that I have become attached to. I've created a backstory for them and make them do things not based on if it will be the very best thing to do, but rather based on whether the personality and backstory that I have created match up with that action. I play on Long Lifespan and have used MCCC to make adult and Elder stages slightly longer and to make pregnancy 6 days instead of three. I also cheated to allow up to 13 Sims in a household. I currently have 9. It's fun because I never get bored. I have every combination of Sim that I could want to play with. Elders, married adults, teenager, child, two toddlers, pregnant sim. Whatever I'm in the mood for, I can play. And I can do whatever I want because I'm not confined to sticking to the rules of a legacy challenge.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Legacy / Family Player
  • Options
    Legacy / Family Player
    musteni wrote: »
    Definitely a completionist. I always have certain goals for my families to achieve.

I don’t understand what a role-player is?

I always role-play the chance cards thinking what my sim would do instead of trying to pick the most beneficial option. Same when they get invited out etc. For me it's trying to get into the character and I see it as an opposite to Completionist/Challenger (though you could alternate between the two of course).

I do the same. I don't pick based on what would be the best decision, but rather based on what that particular sim would do. I'm not going to make them get straight A's in school or do everything possible to get promoted at work unless it is their personality to do so and in line with the story that I have created for them.

• Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    Gotta go with Legacy. Been playing the same family tree for the last year and a half now.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Rotational laid-back builder and colonist.
    I often delete all pre-mades and replace with my own. I have on occasion also rebuilt most lots in the world.
    At the same time, I have game saves where I'm not so picky and just let things happen.
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    Storyteller
    Storyteller... I like created the stories
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Builder
    I'm a builder, colonist, and storyteller.

I'm currently preparing for another story to tell. I've completely recreated each world in the game (except for Windenburg and San Myshuno, mostly because I'm not really going to be using them). Newcrest is my favorite world to create (probably because it's completely empty from the beginning). I'm also working on creating new households to move into my worlds as well. All pre-made Sims will be evicted upon arrival! lol

Sims 3 (despite being my favorite Sims game, ironically) is the only Sims game I don't have the patience to completely recreate the world or place too many of my own households. Mostly because of the lag and how much time it actually takes to create everything. Sims 2 and Sims 4 are much easier to do this with (the optimization of each game, compared to Sims 3, certainly helps).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited January 2019
    Laid-back
    Typically, I'm a laid-back player. I use mods all the time and have MCCC set to always have certain cheats enabled. However, I do have one rotational save that is also sort of a legacy. I have yet to try any of the challenges, but I'm sure I will eventually. I just have to find one that interests me.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    yowutupdoeyowutupdoe Posts: 18 Member
    I love love loveeeeee cheats and cant play a sims game without using atleast one lol
  • Options
    scrutyniscrutyni Posts: 49 Member
    Laid-back
    I'm usually laid-back and casual about it. I have an idea for a character that I'm fond of, create them, insert them into the world and then let life run its course. It usually doesn't go very far to where it's generational though, maybe just a couple children and then done. But I'm thinking of starting a rotational play in newcrest with quite a few characters and seeing what kind of shenanigans my Sims get up to.
    Current SimLit Blog (Rotational Play): https://newcrestsponsorsims4.home.blog/
    Rookie builder and casual Simmer || Gallery: https://tinyurl.com/ycummopq
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    Family.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    Completionist/Challenger
    musteni wrote: »
    Definitely a completionist. I always have certain goals for my families to achieve.

I don’t understand what a role-player is?

I always role-play the chance cards thinking what my sim would do instead of trying to pick the most beneficial option. Same when they get invited out etc. For me it's trying to get into the character and I see it as an opposite to Completionist/Challenger (though you could alternate between the two of course).

I understand now, thank you!

• Options
    ShanabananasShanabananas Posts: 35 Member
    Laid-back
    I'd say somewhere between Laid-Back and Builder but I couldnt pick two lol
  • Options
    zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I'm a mix between family player & laid-back.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    edited February 2019
    Rotational
    Rotational player here! Though I'm not on a strict schedule. I used to be a storyteller but I accumulated so many screenshots and simply had to put a stop to the dramatic stories that hardly got updated. Also due to the fact that I began playing with so many households, which also meant even MORE screenies.

Now I just play with whatever household I feel like playing with at the time and if something big happens then I capture it.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Colonist
    Colorist40 wrote: »
    Well this is embarrassing, am I the only one that lets their sims woo hoo their heads off? :D Well either I am. or some people aren't being honest rofl. I must qualify this choice by saying I always have been interested in the genetics of the game, and like seeing what combinations I get from my sims. I also am a story teller as I stay more interested in a family if I have a story for them. I also do like playing rotational.

No, you're not alone. I guess I didn't really pay attention to this option because some of the others fit me as well. But this "party" play and woohooing is how I get my colonies to grow. ;)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LanieBorneLanieBorne Posts: 74 Member
    Storyteller
    I'm a rotational storyteller.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Storyteller
    I'm a storyteller, colonist, and a builder.
  • Options
    Ken621Ken621 Posts: 4 New Member
    Rotational
    Rotational mostly and completionist (without cheats). I only use cheats for money.
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    Builder
    Always thought of myself as a builder, love to build my houses... Burt I guess acording to the poll I'm laid-back
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Storyteller
    Storyteller was closest, I guess, but I tend to play and then retroactively graft a story onto it. Like if my sim decides to hit on someone I didn't intend for them to hook up with, I don't fuss that it's 'messed with my story,' I make it part of the story. That sort of thing.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited February 2019
    Role-player
    Maybe I should've voted laid-back, idk.
    Post edited by AshtontoAshton22 on
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Storyteller
    I can't choose one! I am a builder, colonist, laid-back, rotational player, and storyteller