Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which type of sim player are you?

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    Family./legacy but also a bit of storyteller
  • MaddyMcMoodyMaddyMcMoody Posts: 105 Member
    I feel like there are several types I sorta fit into:

I am a CC and mod hoarder (completely and utterly addicted to the point of frequently having to sift through my giant mod folder to find a broken CC that is making my sims unable to do anything)
    and a family-builder, and a make-everyone-gay simmer who lives vicariously through my sims - especially when it comes to cute girlfriends and wearing brand names and high fashion.
    Also rotating all the time, and the challenger as well (7 toddler challenge, ugly to beauty challenge, Asylum challenge and 100 baby challenge are my current ones)
    also definitely a deviant. I've got basemental drugs and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on the stand by, and even some even more wicked adaptations of 🐸🐸🐸🐸 that I feel truly ashamed to own
    みんな自称ヒーロー
    嫌気がさすよ日替わり悪役
    CHANMINA
  • pegasusventricepegasusventrice Posts: 56 Member
    Laid-back
    I would say it depends on my mood mostly. However because I usually have cheats on in some way and am using CC a lot of the time I would say mostly laid-back. I do family legacies though and will build a lot of stuff so it's really hard to pick just one.
  • DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I like to start off with a legacy, but I'm also a laid-back and a bit of storyteller, usually my game creates the drama and surprises me
    pw0213q.png?1
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I've always been a family-oriented player. I'm currently playing on my 17th generation :D
  • becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Completionist/Challenger
    I'd say I'm a Completionist/Legacy. I create a long family tree, but I tend to want them to get to the top of their careers, complete their aspirations, etc.
  • CelesterraCelesterra Posts: 80 Member
    Completionist/Challenger
    Mainly Completionist/Challenger with a mix of Deviant and Laid-back.
  • gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    Legacies and Families are my thing!! Check out my current legacy/family here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/5e7c1d131930b10006993262

I also have an Instagram account for that legacy so feel free to follow (gallery.sims4): https://www.instagram.com/gallery.sims4/
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Rotational
    Also laid-back, except I don't use cheats or CC.
  • SIMileyFaceSIMileyFace Posts: 49 Member
    Completionist/Challenger
    Isn't it so great that there's so many different ways we all choose to enjoy the same game :)

Like most others, I find myself fitting into multiple options. I chose challenger because I do love a good challenge, but I would also fit into the family/legacy and storyteller options. Also I guess my baby challenge would have me fitting into the woohoo hound option haha. I am so interested in genetics, so having one sim have babies with different people and seeing how they turn out is super interesting to me.
  • Demicompton1Demicompton1 Posts: 22 Member
    Woohoo hound / partyer
    I'm a hybrid player defending on the time or day I'm a mix of all these....except the builder, I cant build 😂
  • FreshMeatFreshMeat Posts: 28 Member
    Storyteller
    Or I like to play family or create choas with mods (usually). Somtimes I jut want my sim to become a bodybuilder, sometimes i want a sim with a ton kids or sometimes i like to use the Extreme Violance Mod.
  • Unnamed_SunUnnamed_Sun Posts: 16 Member
    I would describe myself as being a rotational family player, but I do also tend to start different challenges (however while I am good at starting various challenges, I am really bad with completing them).

But, after reading the list over different types of players, I am now inspired to try different approaches to my gaming :sunglasses: .
  • RosybearRosybear Posts: 51 Member
    Role-player
    I'm definitely a mixture between roleplayer, legacy player, completionist and woohoo hound :D I love starting with one sim and building up their life and their family's, and enjoy trying to complete aspirations/careers/skills alongside this. I also am a lover of challenges but usually give up before getting anywhere impressive! And idk, I have a tendency to make my sims woohoo hounds for the drama - love having a workaholic Doctor with no social life be invited to a promotion party and accidently knock up/get knocked up by a coworker :D oh how I live for the drama!!
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    Storyteller
    Completionist and Storyteller :smile:
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2020
    Completionist/Challenger
    None of them really, I just like to live out my dreams through the Sims. Living in a paradise island, with a successful career and a perfect partner until I get bored of them and fence them in the pool to bring some chaos. I love challenges though I've been playing Rags to Riches a lot to get started recently.
    I hate family gameplay though, maybe it's just because it's not my dream in real life either. Hates children would definitely be one of my traits IRL lol. Nothings more boring to me than living in a cliche American suburban house with kids, focusing on school work and grades. Yawn. I prefer my attractive young adult simulator anyday
  • xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    edited May 2020
    Rotational
    I am mostly rotational/legacy. Although I have one heir, I tend to continue playing with some of their siblings because I can't let go lol. I have also started my Colonial adventure I guess you could say. I'm renovating the lots around town to try and become a better builder and creating new families with actual skills, storylines and clubs to spice up the town. I'm currently on G3 so the town is pretty much deserted and can use some new life in it.

I'm also a completionist because I do want to complete the aspiration, career and certain skills of the sims I play with.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Rotational
    I am a rotational player with a huge rotation. I play all premade households in all worlds, so whenever there is a new world, I add more.

It stems from my sims 1, 2 times when I loved seeing what happens to the families, intertwine them and play such a great variety of sims
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Rotational
    ^ For the most part.

I'm also a -

BUILDER
    &
    LAID-BACK

but mainly "Rotational" player
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I chose this one because it's the one save I play most often. But I would also say I'm a Builder and Roational Player, bcuz I do either upgrade or replace all lots in every world and I switch game saves and play rotationally when I'm not playing with my legacy family.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    edited May 2020
    Rotational
    I'm rotational, but I start with one Sim then play their children and so on.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I really cant choose one since I fit into several.

Builder, since although there are lots that havent yet been changed, I tend to build my own lots for my own purposes. I get alot more fun out of it if my sims are using my own built houses.

Deviant, since a lil' chaos is needed to break up the monotony and mods certainly help with that.

Laidback, I use cheats relatively often enough though its common that when I start a new sim they usually work their way up the ol' fashioned way. But why stress over this game?

Legacy/Family play (I guess?) I only have one family that has more than 2 generations, the Landgraabs. After a break from them, Im continuing with the 6th generation. Their family tree is turning a bit extensive and is slightly controversial.

Storyteller for sure. All my made sims have some sort of goings on in their lives that all tend to overlap with each other in some way shape or form. With all the screenshots Ive taken, Ive had to devote a single flashdrive for all of it.

Woohoo hound, enough said.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Role-player
    I am a storyteller, no doubt. But my approach is to perceive how those sims would behave and interact to form a story, so I'm mostly role-playing with each one.

Rotating and legacies are part of the process.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I am a Legacy/Family player. My main save Founders were my oldest, longest played TS3 couple, remade in TS4 last year. Now that they can have their own kids without mods, they decided to do that, and I have been keeping up with the offspring and grandkids and connections (or not - sorry Alf & Alexander - I'll help you finish raising your kids soon!) ever since.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Laid-back
    I'm stuck between laid back and rotational, but I would say more laid back.

I never really take my games too seriously. I don't play legacies or generation after generation or anything. Well, not much, and if I do have generation families I never see the 3rd generation. I tend to fill impulses in my game. One day I'll play an archaeologist living in the city, the next I'll be playing a loner spellcaster with a house filled with cats. I like trying new things but I do get bored very quickly.

I also love CAS and I try to make real life people or characters from tv shows. I can spend HOURS in CAS.
    giphy.gif