Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: UNFINISHED BUSINESS

Comments

• Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    And what is the next mission about? :neutral:

Last mission of the first season ;)
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,723 Member
    Grrr...
  • Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,720 Member
    edited November 2019
    Turner wrote: »

I've finished most of the lot already. :) (yay, I love being part of the conspiracy)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    You know, at this point, I think it would be hilarious if Fabio won, because everything would come full circle. He's the second boot of the first season, becomes a running joke for the entire show's run, and ends up being fully characterized (and sympathetically too) and a winner by the final season. :joy:

It's like the longest redemption arc in the making, having unfolded over 8 years :joy:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Smarties100Smarties100 Posts: 1,005 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    You know, at this point, I think it would be hilarious if Fabio won, because everything would come full circle. He's the second boot of the first season, becomes a running joke for the entire show's run, and ends up being fully characterized (and sympathetically too) and a winner by the final season. :joy:

It's like the longest redemption arc in the making, having unfolded over 8 years :joy:

Fabio for the win!

His run kind of reminds me of those early boot contestants who get accepted for All Stars on other RL shows, instead of coming back and bombing though he actually comes back and destroys the competition leaving the fans to backtrack on making the 'Why is he here?', 'Anyone but Fabio' type of comments XD
  • Options

Yup - hereby all the other finalists are urged to throw their final quizzes to make this happen. If someone doesn't comply and win the show instead, their Sim shall be executed by guillotine.

Though... what if Fabio is the Mole? :o
    Banner.png
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member

Yup - hereby all the other finalists are urged to throw their final quizzes to make this happen. If someone doesn't comply and win the show instead, their Sim shall be executed by guillotine.

Then the Mole Universe as we know it will fold in on itself and explode. :o
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    twiddle3 wrote: »

Then the Mole Universe as we know it will fold in on itself and explode. :o

Ooof. :o
    Banner.png
  • Options

Then we trust no one...even Turner :o
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options

Fabio for the win!

His run kind of reminds me of those early boot contestants who get accepted for All Stars on other RL shows, instead of coming back and bombing though he actually comes back and destroys the competition leaving the fans to backtrack on making the 'Why is he here?', 'Anyone but Fabio' type of comments XD

Most of all Grey. :joy: That'll put a stop to the mockery from him

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Let's do the mission first! :wink:
    Post edited by Alleenmens on
  • Options
    But Taiha is def my fan favourite!!! :smiley:
  • Options

Nah, tbh she lost a lot of appeal to me when her crush on Grey became hatred. Taiha is one of those characters so iconic and typical that they should never change, and her crushing on Fabio instead just doesn't feel right to me. :/

I gotta like the Gov, Maya, Aiden, Fabio, and Kaitlin though for fan fav. They all were either at their best this season, or pushed the theme of Unfinished Business to the max.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Let's do the mission first! :wink:

Yesssssssss! :sunglasses:
    Banner.png
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    edited November 2019

Nah, tbh she lost a lot of appeal to me when her crush on Grey became hatred. Taiha is one of those characters so iconic and typical that they should never change, and her crushing on Fabio instead just doesn't feel right to me. :/

I gotta like the Gov, Maya, Aiden, Fabio, and Kaitlin though for fan fav. They all were either at their best this season, or pushed the theme of Unfinished Business to the max.

I disagree, like all characters you have to give her a chance to grow and change. Even her switch to Fabio is for the most part Just a reason for Grey to get jealous and notice Taiha back, so it’s still an interaction about her affections for Grey.

Being the creator of Taiha, I tend to notice that people only really care about her or mention her when she says something funny in an episode, as opposed to all of the other characters with genuine story elements and character development. So it’s unfair to say she’s not allowed to show change, especially as everyone else does. She deserves every right to have a story arc, and do as she dang well pleases XD

And beyond winning twice, Taihas unfinished business is to see Grey... or more importantly to get Grey to see her. And this is a part of that XD
  • Options
    To wrap up Taiha's unfinished business, in the finale, Grey becomes Taihasexual and leaves Kenzen for her. :joy: And so she ends up getting her prize :D

• Options
    Yeah, Taiha for Grey!! I think that will work and I still say Taiha for Fan favorite! :smiley:
  • Options
    Yeah, Taiha for Grey!! I think that will work and I still say Taiha for Fan favorite! :smiley:

Since when did you like Taiha so much?? Haha this is news to me.
  • Options
    Taiha is sweet... ;) But Kaitlin still prefers Tamela :p
  • Options
    In retrospect, that expository bit on Tamela's backstory kind of foreshadowed who would be leaving that episode

Haha yeah, had to cram it in before she left. Seems fairly obvious, then again in episode 16 Kaitlin had a big expository scene but didn't get executed. :o
  • Options
    Turner wrote: »

I've finished most of the lot already. :) (yay, I love being part of the conspiracy)

Looking forward to it!!
  • Options

I fully agree ;)
  • Options
    HayloHusky wrote: »

I disagree, like all characters you have to give her a chance to grow and change. Even her switch to Fabio is for the most part Just a reason for Grey to get jealous and notice Taiha back, so it’s still an interaction about her affections for Grey.

Being the creator of Taiha, I tend to notice that people only really care about her or mention her when she says something funny in an episode, as opposed to all of the other characters with genuine story elements and character development. So it’s unfair to say she’s not allowed to show change, especially as everyone else does. She deserves every right to have a story arc, and do as she dang well pleases XD

And beyond winning twice, Taihas unfinished business is to see Grey... or more importantly to get Grey to see her. And this is a part of that XD

Hmm, that makes me hope she'll eventually turn back to crushing on Grey by the end of the season. If she would end up hating him for good, that'd be something like Evarrine becoming good, or Linda stopping being a video game fan.

I think there are so much other aspects where Taiha can be fleshed out. Example: she's a photographer before being on The Mole right? Proves she has a creative bone in her body as well. What if that comes up again?
    (Realisation: Taiha should've been on S1 or S3. Both had photography missions. Chance for her to shine.)
    Banner.png
  • Options

I think I have an explanation for that - Taiha comes from S2, a season filled with more type-ish characters (Brianne, Thomas, Evangeline, Kenneth). Kaitlin, Tamela, the Gov and Maya are from S6, which was much more filled with deep, dramatic character arcs. I think those backgrounds have an influence on how characters are seen. And breaking the mold once it's been formed is hard. :/
    Banner.png
  • Options

I think I have an explanation for that - Taiha comes from S2, a season filled with more type-ish characters (Brianne, Thomas, Evangeline, Kenneth). Kaitlin, Tamela, the Gov and Maya are from S6, which was much more filled with deep, dramatic character arcs. I think those backgrounds have an influence on how characters are seen. And breaking the mold once it's been formed is hard. :/

Yeah, that and I don't think she was ever meant for more. She's not a COMPLETE gag character like say Debbie Downer, but she's in line with Aiden; mostly just there as comedy and to lighten the mood. Somewhat gaggy. (weird word use there lol)
    If I did some dramatic character arc with her it would feel out of place probably.