Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just out of curiosity, what are the ages of all the Simmers out there?

Comments

• Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 28!!! I got started with TS2 but I did get TS1 after I absolutely loved TS2. With the exception of TS4 where I'm missing a few packs I have every pack from every game.
  • Options
    LadyMeldaLadyMelda Posts: 111 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Turned thirty in May. I've been playing since the beginning. I really hope I never figure out a way to calculate all those hours I should have been doing something in the real world. :#
  • Options
    LadyMeldaLadyMelda Posts: 111 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Turned thirty in May. I've been playing since the beginning. I really hope I never figure out a way to calculate all those hours I should have been doing something in the real world. :#
  • Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    edited July 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    Isn't it ironic that Maxis seem to cater towards the under 16 players in terms of lackluster content. When the majority shows that most of us probably lived through the Sims 2 days. The Sims 2 was superior.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    @Azarinop2 👏👏👏
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Azarinop2 wrote: »
    Isn't it ironic that Maxis seem to cater towards the under 16 players in terms of lackluster content. When the majority shows that most of us probably lived through the Sims 2 days. The Sims 2 was superior.

That's because they know they already have us.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited July 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    With the new rebranding for TS4, it's clear more than ever that they're targeting the game to a younger audience. All the Sims on the main menu are young adults, doing young adult things and that seems kinda lame IMO. The previous Sims were at least different ages and had different personalities. It's like they ignore older Simmers on purpose. :(

And this comes from a 21-year-old.

With the recent "Play With Life" promotion they specifically excluded anyone over 25. I find that funny because in the section directly under that they say how they're open to "everything".

Young-Simmers-Only.jpg
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited July 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    With the new rebranding for TS4, it's clear more than ever that they're targeting the game to a younger audience. All the Sims on the main menu are young adults, doing young adult things and that seems kinda lame IMO. The previous Sims were at least different ages and had different personalities. It's like they ignore older Simmers on purpose. :(

With the recent "Play With Life" promotion they specifically excluded anyone over 25. I find that funny because in the section directly under that they say how they're open to "everything".

Young-Simmers-Only.jpg

Wow...that is shocking, to say the least. Some people would consider that reasonable, but I don't. Is there something wrong with including a 40- or 60-year-old in the video? That would make the video more real and believable in my opinion, as many said they hired actors for it in the comments. They probably didn't, but it sort of seemed that way.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    BimleSim wrote: »

I remember back in the good ol' days of Sims 2 how they always made sure every age stage was represented. I think it is weird how focused they are on YAs now, I think all of the stages are important.

I am 23 now and I've been around since TS1. I think I was 8 when I got it. I remember when I bought the Sims 2 basegame that a T-shirt came with it with the sims logo on it. Back then when I got it, it so was big that it reached my ankles like a long dress. Today it is a tight-fitting T-shirt. Funny how time goes on.

I would love a The Sims T-shirt! Maybe with a big plumbob or several plumbobs on it.

One with several pumbobs would definitely look cool I think B)
  • Options
    JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Played Sims right from the start. Sim City before that. Just something I always come back to.
  • Options
    20-39 Years of Age
    Hestia wrote: »
    26 years of age right now and I began playing when I was still in elementary school.

I’m still waiting for the day Maxis creates a successor of The Sims 2 with a semi-open world game. Not fully open world like The Sims 4, cars that can open doors, clothes shopping and grocery shopping.

How about seamlessly entering and leaving lots within your block and only load screens if you’re traveling in a different town?...

I’d like some of the mature tongue in cheek content from The Sims 1 brought back.

That’s just my opinion at the end of the day. :)

I fully agree with you - I miss those things.
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Azarinop2 wrote: »
    To be fair, I think this also shows older generations prefer forums and young people hang out elsewhere. But it’s clearly and most definitely not just young people playing this game, that’s for sure!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I love that people of all ages and backgrounds enjoy the Sims. It really is one of the few truly diverse and universal games out there.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited July 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    coming up 32 in a few months. only just started in the sims series starting with TS4 a little short of two months ago. I'm actually considering if it would be worth looking at TS3 just to see the changes between them? but that depends on the next sale and how big the discount is.
  • Options
    ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 38 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm in my mid 20s and started with TS2. I actually remember my first Sims game was the Gamecube version of TS2, but I got the PC version shortly thereafter, because I quickly found out about all the limitations of the console version. For some reason, TS3 didn't really click with me, so I kinda stopped playing until just this year with Sims 4, and now I'm hooked all over again!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    Hoverael wrote: »
    coming up 32 in a few months. only just started in the sims series starting with TS4 a little short of two months ago. I'm actually considering if it would be worth looking at TS3 just to see the changes between them? but that depends on the next sale and how big the discount is.

It's definitely worth a look - there is so much content and gameplay that TS4 will never be able to offer. Just make sure you have a PC that can run the game - it can be quite laggy and buggy. It's also slow after adding lots of mods/CC, so just be aware, lol. :D

If you can, make sure to grab some of the Nraas/Twallan mods (if that page is still up). They greatly enhance the game and some even fix bugs/errors.
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    20-39 Years of Age

It's definitely worth a look - there is so much content and gameplay that TS4 will never be able to offer. Just make sure you have a PC that can run the game - it can be quite laggy and buggy. It's also slow after adding lots of mods/CC, so just be aware, lol. :D

If you can, make sure to grab some of the Nraas/Twallan mods (if that page is still up). They greatly enhance the game and some even fix bugs/errors.

got a i7-7700k, 32gb DDR4 ram, gtx 1080 8GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD and a 2TB SSHD. it should be sufficient.

thanks for the tips with TS3 should i choose to go down that path. :smile:
  • Options
    20-39 Years of Age

got a i7-7700k, 32gb DDR4 ram, gtx 1080 8GB, 240GB SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD and a 2TB SSHD. it should be sufficient.

thanks for the tips with TS3 should i choose to go down that path. :smile:

You're welcome. :)
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Turning 30 in December. Been playing the Sims since it first came out.
  • Options
    peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 29 and I have been playing the game since I was 15 (About 1 year after the release of the sims 2)
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • Options
    AKCkittykitty2AKCkittykitty2 Posts: 2 New Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    What packs add occult Sims? And how many occults are there total in Sims 4? Right now I have vampires and aliens.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited August 2019
    20-39 Years of Age
    @AKCkittykitty2 At the moment there are only 4 available occult’s. Ghosts, Aliens, Vampires and Mermaids.

Quite little compared to what we had in the past. It’s been 5 years already since the release of TS4. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Epic_ElzEpic_Elz Posts: 1 New Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    I have only just discovered the Sims and i have totally fallen in love with it. I'm playing Sims 4 Island Living and it's soooo good. I've just started my own YouTube channel called Epic Elz to devote to this game!

If anyone wants to check it out and give me any suggestions I would be totally made up.

I love this game sooo much!

Keep on Keeping Epic guys

xxx
  • Options
    20-39 Years of Age
    Hestia wrote: »
    @AKCkittykitty2 At the moment there are only 4 available occult’s. Ghosts, Aliens, Vampires and Mermaids.

Quite little compared to what we had in the past. It’s been 5 years already since the release of TS4. :)

Yep, by this time in TS3, we had ghosts, mermaids, aliens, vampires, werewolves, witches, fairies, PlantSims (we have them in TS4, but you barely notice them since they're temporary), genies & even Plumbots and other robots!
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    60+
    Epic_Elz wrote: »
    I have only just discovered the Sims and i have totally fallen in love with it. I'm playing Sims 4 Island Living and it's soooo good. I've just started my own YouTube channel called Epic Elz to devote to this game!

If anyone wants to check it out and give me any suggestions I would be totally made up.

I love this game sooo much!

Keep on Keeping Epic guys

xxx

You've jumped into this game at the right time, it would appear. I've been playing it since release and am thoroughly delighted with the layers that have been added as things go along. They finally gave us back our Toddlers and they are amazing. Then to my extra delight, they came out with Get Famous. Between that and one mod I use, Road to Fame, I've got my singer Sim back and couldn't be happier. Welcome Aboard!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/