Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just out of curiosity, what are the ages of all the Simmers out there?

Comments

• MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Turning 26 in November! My aunt got the original Sims game when it came out in 2000. I remember playing it with her (aka I watched her play) when she babysat me. So technically I'm an OG simmer!
  • SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    52 in November been play for nearly 16 or so years :D
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited October 2020
    20-39 Years of Age
    Celebrating my 33rd birthday in 17 days. :) I really want another sims 3 game, but they're not selling the stuff packs in stores(from what I've seen recently) and I have all the expansion packs already.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,462 Member
    edited October 2020
    40-59 Years of Age
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I really want another sims 3 game, but they're not selling the stuff packs in stores(from what I've seen recently) and I have all the expansion packs already.

@HillyBeth

Some TS3 stuff packs and World bundles are still available on Origin. At least where I am (At the edge of Europe). ;)
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    26! I started playing the 1st game when my dad bought it for me. He didn't realize it was rated teen lol
    Makin' Magic was my JAM.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Oh, awesome! I'm in my early thirties, and I can't believe I'm part of the majority age group! I thought I was way too old :D
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 25, 26 in a few weeks 😊, I've been playing the sims since I was 7, it was around the time the sims 1 was releasing packs
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    20-39 Years of Age
    mika wrote: »
    I'm 21. I've been playing Sims since I was 13.

To be 21 again I wish 😂, I got my first wrinkle on my 25th birthday 🤣 a little line on my forehead hahaha
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    48, I'll be 49 this year. Only started playing The Sims last year (lockdown boredom & a Youtube friend got me curious).
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    60+
    48, I'll be 49 this year. Only started playing The Sims last year (lockdown boredom & a Youtube friend got me curious).

Not to worry, some of us are even older. I'll be 66 soon. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BonjourwomanBonjourwoman Posts: 338 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    simwolf wrote: »
    I'm very nearly 40, but I have played since the release of The Sims in 2000 (former SimCity player) and have owned and played each of the subsequent iterations. Occasionally I've had breaks of 6-12mths here and there, but mostly I've played The Sims consistently for the last 19 years. I also dabbled in a few other simulation games early on in that time - Black & White was a favourite! :) Simming is not a pastime, its a lifestyle :D

I'll be 46 in March. I've also played Sims since it first came out and will continue to do so until I'm laid to rest. LOL
  • CatLady21CatLady21 Posts: 29 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Darn it! I feel old right about now! But, I've been a Simmer for so long, the very first Sims was the original one, and believe it or not, I had all the packs for that one especially Sims 2. I never expanded 3 nor 4th. I lost my first Sims 4 after cleaning my room once, so I am getting a new one soon.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    60+
    CatLady21 wrote: »
    Darn it! I feel old right about now! But, I've been a Simmer for so long, the very first Sims was the original one, and believe it or not, I had all the packs for that one especially Sims 2. I never expanded 3 nor 4th. I lost my first Sims 4 after cleaning my room once, so I am getting a new one soon.

Don't feel bad. I'm 66! :'(
  • CatLady21CatLady21 Posts: 29 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Oh wow! Well, the thing about it is, it's not the age that makes you.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,547 Member
    60+
    CatLady21 wrote: »
    Oh wow! Well, the thing about it is, it's not the age that makes you.

It's just a number. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • AnnoyingTigerAnnoyingTiger Posts: 509 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    About to be 28 here c: To be honest, I can't remember when I started playing the sims. I'm sure I played one before 3 but I don't remember 1 or 2 so I have no idea lol
    ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ Life's Greatest Adventure, The Morgan Legacy ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ
    ntlW6ly.png
  • niallsbrowniesniallsbrownies Posts: 32 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    I'm 19 and a freshman at Utah State University. I started simming at 13. I may be completely lost in my Stats class but at least I can sim the pain away.
  • AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    Teen here. No wonder everyone has all the packs. :(
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited February 2021
    40-59 Years of Age
    Not sure if I have selected my age here, can't see my little profile pic. But I would be in the 40 to 59 section ;)
  • leochick123leochick123 Posts: 78 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Turning 25, and I actually was a bit of a late bloomer. The first Sims game I actually played was very briefly when they made the little Facebook version and I was like 15. It peaked my curiosity enough to finally get The Sims 3, and then I finally got TS4 and I've been hooked ever since.
    SLpPUp.png
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited February 2021
    I'm not telling, but I will share that my preteen daughter and I have a great time playing together :)
    soko37 wrote: »
    I play tons of video games outside of sims but just not the brainless shooter games. I have to have some cerebral activity and I think that's the difference. For most women it's not enough to just shoot something. That's boring to me.

I love this. So true. I also enjoy the Civilization games and Battle for Wesnoth. World of Goo. I LOVED Braid but once I'd played through the story I haven't yet been motivated to go back and play it again.

I feel like there's an assumption in American culture that everyone has to be a productive worker all day long 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Even on our off-hours people feel pressured to produce and achieve at their hobbies. And that contributes to feeling embarrassed about the things we do to goof off, as mentioned above. I already work a lot and I feel pretty happy and comfortable about also spending part of my day goofing off. Goofing off with my kid is even better. I don't want her to have to be productive all day long every day either. We all need to have fun! It's ok to say so B)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    40-59 Years of Age

I was already in college when Sim City debuted in 1989, and I played (and enjoyed) it on Mac. It was literally unlike anything else at the time.

I didn't jump into The Sims until relatively late, when my niece got TS3: Supernatural for Christmas. Watching over her shoulder sold me on the game, and that was my first pack.
  • 40-59 Years of Age
    First played Sims(1) in my early 30s, or maybe late 20s. Then there was a huge gap. I have just turned 46, and I started playing Sims (4) again last year in about April after I went into COVID quarantine.
  • 40-59 Years of Age
    MelsieYT wrote: »
    Turning 26 in November! My aunt got the original Sims game when it came out in 2000. I remember playing it with her (aka I watched her play) when she babysat me. So technically I'm an OG simmer!

@MelsieYT - I don't expect you to answer this, because nobody needs to know your name. I'm not asking, I"m just commenting. :)

I used to call my dog "Melzie" before she passed away. Her name was actually Demelza. Just wondered if you share a name, since it is such a lovely name. And no, I'm not of Cornish background, I just love the name.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    60+
    I didn't have an Atari until after I got married! In fact, I believe we already had our first two children!
    My husband and I got an Atari from my parents for Christmas in 1980 or 81, my 1st daughter was just a baby then...... boy video games have sure come a long way since then..... lol