Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you enjoy "LONG" lifespan?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    lilleefslilleefs Posts: 52 Member
    Long lifespan and 28 day seasons so you can actually get stuff done in between 2 hour meals and 5 hour teeth brushing 😀 Where is the Relativity mod from Sims 3 😭
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Usually I switch it between normal , long , and aging off. When I play with long or aging off I always age up babies and toddlers early as it's just too annoying to listen to that constant crying and complaining and being told my sim is a bad parent and if they don't do something now that child will get removed.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    AlexSimmermanAlexSimmerman Posts: 80 Member
    I ALWAYS play with Long-life span otherwise I feel rushed and as though I haven’t finished telling my sims’ story. I often enable story progression for the save file and when I find myself getting bored of my current household, I just play a different household for a few days then return.
  • Options
    _Sandra__Sandra_ Posts: 135 Member
    I used to play with a Normal lifespan because what I wanted was to have kids, play through the different Sims, and make a big family tree.
    But after some time that became quite boring and uninteresting. So I switched to long lifespan and now my game is more about the moments, the gameplay and storyline.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes - the longer the better. I control aging in order to have the long life spans I like in my game.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No... why would I...? It's so... boring... and they never die... it's unnatural...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    GguyGguy Posts: 254 Member
    edited October 2019
    No... why would I...? It's so... boring... and they never die... it's unnatural...

It's as natural as it gets, we don't die in 28 days either XD. At least not if there isn't a zombie apocalypse going on (references). Besides, the extra time gives you time to shape the town into your own image, experience the stories of other sims and enjoy every little moment. Besides, you can always play on long and then switch to normal if you've had enough. (still think we need an option that is like in between long and normal)
    Post edited by Gguy on
  • Options
    jachukwu2011jachukwu2011 Posts: 3 New Member
    If long lifespan gets too long for you, why not just age up your Sim to Elder when you are ready to start wrapping their lives up and then change the lifespan back to normal? I know the length an elder lives varies but this has been my solution to have them have a longer adult life, age them when I want, and then have them die naturally as an elder. I age them up by having them blow out the candles on a birthday cake.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I mostly play with age off & long lifespan.
    That way I'm not rushed with my sims.