Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you enjoy "LONG" lifespan?

Comments

• FaoiltearnaFaoiltearna Posts: 767 Member
    SheriGR wrote: »
    When I tried keeping infants at longer than a few days it seemed to possibly be related to my toddlers suddenly getting fat right about the time I got them to 3-5 in their skills so I could age them up. That bothered me. I haven't experimented with it since. Anyone else noticing if there's a correlation?

Your toddlers aren't getting chubby because of how long you're keeping your infants at infant stage. The food has calories, so check what they're eating. All the Quick Meal (from the refrigerator) Toddler foods are pretty high in calories with Peas being the lowest at 150 calories per bowl. So feed them fresh fruits and vegetables (you can drag them from your inventory to the toddler inventory and have them eat it), garden salad, fruit salad, any of the Grilled dishes (grilled salmon, grilled chicken, etc). Also, make sure you're getting their Movement skill up so they are seriously active and will run everywhere.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I only play long lifespan or with aging off. Normal is just to short for my sims to have the experiences and full lives I want them to have.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Normal lifespan is too short for me, and it kind of makes me anxious, cause I feel like I have to rush for my sims to achieve stuff, its stressful. But at the same time the long lifespan is too long, and after some time the household gets boring, and I think its unrealistic to age my sims up before time, since the other sims wont (or I would have to age all their friends as well). So I haven't really decided. Sometimes I play on normal, sometimes on long.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited January 2019
    You can bake a cake and put birthday candles on it to age them up at any time you like to move them on to the next stage in life. I always do this with children when I get fed up with them and want them to start earning their keep! :) That is what I do. I always play with long lifespans.
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    I play on Long and I love it. Like you said, 'normal' length is too short to accomplish much. By playing on Long, I get to control things. (I should say I really loved Epic in Sims3, using those sliders to my advantage.) Since we don't have that or sliders, per se, I do the next best thing (for me). I age up my Sims when I'm ready for them to go onto the next life stage. So far, it's been great. My Global Superstar began singing as a child and continued on as a teen. He maxed out the singing skill so that once GF was released he began his career. I even had him quit school to pursue his dream full-time. He achieved his fifth star just after he became a YA, which was determined by the game (for a change). He's now just under halfway to adult and still looking for that right female to settle down with.

Pretty much my play style as well. ~hi5~ ;)

Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited January 2019
    Been playing for a week with this game in the long lifespan (also got a mod to set the pregnancy for 12 days) - I honestly find it more enjoyable as I don't feel the need to rush my sim's success.

Currently playing a single young adult female sim (bit of a party girl) in an apartment with lack of TLC - with long lifespan I actually enjoy it more as I attend to most festivals in the city and enjoy the seasonal holidays as there is plenty of times to build up on the career.

Thanks for the comments guys!
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Most of the time I play on long lifespan and sometimes turn aging off to allow myself even more time. I only use the normal life span when playing challenges and the rules require it. I am mostly a story teller in my games so a more leisurely pace of the game gives me time to set up and play out my stories instead of feeling like I am rushing against the clock.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I jump back and forth depending in the family I'm playing and how interested I am in that family.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I enjoy no lifespan at all. :p

No but really, I keep all my saves with aging off so I can enjoy the game at my own pace. Even on my only save with long lifespan on, it's only for active households. Any other townies can age slowly and die for all I care.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I lasted about 6 sim days on the long lifespan. Then when I saw how many more days there were until age up I gave up and went back to normal. Long is WAY too long!
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I play on long with 28 day seasons. I also use a mod to slow down time so the days are longer. I don’t like rushing my sims through life, this way they have more time to do other things rather than just work, eat and sleep. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • AdelineRobbinsAdelineRobbins Posts: 140 Member
    I love it. I haven't played much of it, since I only bought it two weeks ago now, I think. Not even a hundred hours yet and the oldest of the next generation is a few day old toddler. But I already love it. My lifespans weren't much shorter in 3. Close to 200. Normal is way too short for me. I like to take my time. Work on their friendships. Hang out with their family. I don't feel the rush to work on their skills. I'm very leisurely at it. One of my founders in 3 is a few days to her total lifespan. She might have maxed a skill or two? Her job is. I usually only manage to max their jobs and maybe two skills. Also gives me plenty of time to take lots of pictures and not feel like I'm constantly pausing things. And I just want to play around with more of the game. I never did much in 3. The open world lagged me and I'd get too anxious about the family left at home. I want to go out town more often in 4. Have dates. Parties.
    I've already been surprised at how old they are so far. I keep thinking they have more time left, than I look and it's 20 days less. Doesn't feel long at all.
    "Fool," said my muse to me. "Look in thy heart and write."
    Kq8qeWk.png
    Wordpress
    Origin ID: Hoshicake
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Normal is too short, I play on Long or Epic so they can make more memories and enjoy all the seasons, I'll just manually age them up with a cake if I want them to age a little faster.
  • huandluhuandlu Posts: 109 Member
    I started off on normal lifespan, switched to long one day and now I struggle to go back. It gives me just the right amount of time to enjoy more depth in the game while also achieving things. I was finding in normal lifespan I would never take my sims out and about, meet up with friends etc, as I was too busy trying to advance them in their careers, which got boring quickly. I’ve discovered so many more new things in the game since I’ve been playing long lifespans. This way they can work on their career as young adults, then have kids during the adult life stage (or vice versa) if that’s the direction I want to take them in. Just depends on the way you like to play I guess.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Depends on the game--I play rotationally a lot, and I usually end up playing on long when I get up to, like, ten or more households, cause otherwise I end up missing entire lifestages in some of them. But if it's a household/sim I really like, I've enjoyed playing on long with just one household too. If normal is feeling rushed for you, I would definitely suggest at least trying long--you can always switch back if it gets boring ;-)
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    No, not really, but the normal lifespan is too short for me.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I generally play with aging off, but if I do have aging on, it's set to long life.
  • Z3t487Z3t487 Posts: 14 New Member
    I wish we need an ultra epic lifespan: average lifespan of 9072 days. Why? Seasons lasting 28 days each *4 = 1 year. Now multiple it for 81 years (average lifespan of a human in years (?) and average normal lifespan in days for sims) and you have my calculated 9072 days.
    Another lifespan of 4536 days if using 14 days long seasons would be cool too, for the same reason.
    Same for a lifespan of 2268 days if using 7 days long seasons.
    Ofc all skills should take longer to develop if you use a longer lifespan.
  • SS_DrakonSS_Drakon Posts: 17 Member
    Yea I kinda just fully turn aging off
    I don't like turning aging off because i have to remember when i have to age every sims in every family pretending i'm playing with ultra-epic lifespans... i just want every sim to see at least about 80 springs, summers, fall and winters each if they die of old age.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited August 2019
    I wish we could set the amount of days a certain age group would take to age, like in Sims 3.

I feel like normal lifespan is too short, it makes me anxious, feeling like I need to rush or my sims won't achieve anything.

At the same time, the long lifespan is too long. Of course I can always age them when I feel like, but their friends an such would be with a different age and that breaks the immersion to me.

Of course I can age the other sims too, but thats too much cake, too much effort and too unrealistic.
  • GGSimmerGGGGSimmerGG Posts: 35 Member
    Personally I turn off aging because I try to get a more real time span of achieving work, life, romance goals. I even extend the seasons to the longest allowable amount of days which I think is 28 days. The time already goes by. Each minute that passes in the game is actually like a second in the real world. I age them when I feel its been a few years in the sims. I mean, a young adult only being a young adult for 1 simlifespan and suddenly turning into an adult and looking older?? Most people don't age in appearance that quickly to begin with haha.
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited August 2019
    I make my own custom life span with Sims4Studio. But it's on the long side.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds