Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you enjoy "LONG" lifespan?

Comments

• Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I play long and in some saves I give my sims potions of youth so to never age and die. Normal is kind of too fast.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I only play with the long lifespan. I want to keep my sims around for as long as possible but I don't want to switch aging off completely cause that seems a bit anti life simulation to me. It's also nice to have more time for my sims to achieve their goals, normal is to short.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I started with normal, but now I pretty much play with the long lifespan. I use it because I don't want my sims to age up too fast. On the other hand I may give them birthday cake early if I feel like they are ready to age up. And then there are times when I don't want my active household to age up and turn aging off until they are ready.

I also like to keep aging on my unplayed townies and, because I play rotationally, short and normal are too short for that. Sometimes long is too short for my unplayed townies as well, but I don't want to stop their aging, because it makes it feel like the time in my game has stopped. Sometimes I save interesting townies as played sims and sometimes when I want to slowly age up some family, without playing them, I mark them unplayed.

I may seldom change to normal or short lifespan in my active household if I want someone to age up faster (usually an old sim to die "naturally"), but then I also have to turn aging off from the unplayed sims, so I don't do that too often (I'm always worried I mess up with some settings and double check what I'm doing).
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I currently play them all in diff saves haha. any one know how to turn aging off in real life though?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I play on either long or off, because I've played on normal, and didn't care for it. I kind of get a little too invested in my sims and even the sims I don't play and get sad when they age up to elders and die of old age. It gets a little hard to move past that.
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    I am, for the very first time, playing without aging on at all, and am thoroughly enjoying it! I think when the time comes, I'll change it to long, but for the minute I just like taking my time, for once, and letting them complete as many aspirations as I wish. Normal lifespan feels so rushed and pretty soon there are babies to be had and it's just not long enough. I'll age them up by birthday cake when I'm ready and let the world age up with them when the time comes.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Technically I play on normal but I switch aging off in the settings whenever I want to. I'll do that if there's something I'm working on or if I think a sim needs more time to develop. If I just want them to date around a while, I'll turn aging off. Why can't I be a sim and have someone do that for me? And motherlode me regularly? Lol.

Anyway, it means that if I'm finding a sim to be interesting or more complex, I play them longer. In my case, I do like letting them age along and I like to move onto other sims whether their kids or to other households. I really play a lot of sims and while I get attached to some of them, ultimately, it's time for them to go on to the end of their computer animated lives. Maybe I'm better off not being a sim after all.

Mine are all random various characters. I don't make myself or anyone I know. I can see how people would turn it off with that. I can also see that other people have totally different playstyles. Part of the interest for me is seeing them move along in their lives. I also play with families but I'm mostly interested in growing the kids up and watching things shift over and change.

I'll add that because I'm playing a rotation, I age the townies slower over time because the generations need to shift.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    Funny I have posted in this thread in January when I had just switched from normal to long. Well I just made the change other way around because everything was feeling stagnant and it made me bored. I just need to feel a bit of rush in my game to make every day feel precious. My plan for now is to pause aging in case I need more time for a certain household.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I always do as it helps get those calendar dates done. I don't like rush.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Why is this thread active? Lmao I posted this in January :D
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    It depends. If I'm doing a normal game (for me), I prefer long lifespan or aging turned off. If I'm doing a rare legacy game, I'll go with normal.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sims get to live forever. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    In a rotation save I like normal, with aging only on my active played household and aging off usually for unplayed sims. For single family play I like the long lifespan for all sims. I also have MCCC, which allows me to customize my lifespans.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I like longer life spans. Yet, I would prefer if I were allowed to define the length of lifespans myself.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I like longer life spans. I use MCC and have the age set like TS3 on Epic. It works great for my rotational game play.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I love it. On normal I feel like I'm just pushing them through the life stages, but on long, I feel like I'm having them live their lives to the fullest. It's been especially great with Seasons, because now they can have summer vacation, spring break, etc. and still get god grades & advance in their careers. There are times when it can be a little tedious however, especially with toddlers.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    i enjoy inifnite lifespan as vampire
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Why is this thread active? Lmao I posted this in January :D

Oops :D
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    GguyGguy Posts: 254 Member
    edited October 2019
    Here's my setup:

- 28 days for each season (Cause it gives me time to admire each season, not to mention how great it feels once a new season finally arrives and everything around you changes =D. Same feeling you get irl)

- Long Lifespans (I usually play up to 3 or 4 different households, all of which i personally designed and have specific stories for. I play one for a while and when i get bored, i switch to one of the others, letting the previous family do their own thing and live their own lives until i get back at a later time. This allows me to experience all of their stories at a calm pace without having to wait forever for them to age up or without having to worry about them aging up too quickly when i'm off doing who knows what.

- Auto Aging enabled for all sims (I want the world to be immersive and ever-changing. This is the best i can do since we lack story progression. Pfft, i have to go see important families like the Landgraabs every now and then just to keep their family line from dying out XD)

Now i do sometimes change it from long to normal in certain transitionary stages of my playthroughs, but for the most part, i leave it on long so i don't feel rushed. Best option for me would be if they added a stage in between long and normal. That or a slider.
    Post edited by Gguy on
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I play on normal because the long setting is way too long but normal is too short.

Normal for young adult is 24 days.
    Long for young adult is 96 days.

Like what the f. That's a huge difference.

We need lifestage sliders or more options fr.

LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    It's the only one I play on. I like completing many aspirations. I've wondered if people actually play on the short lifespan. I did once as a vampire just for kicks and had my vampire sim hibernate for about a month. A lot of sims grew up and passed on in that time. It was an interesting experiment lol
  • Options
    0xx_Simmer_xx00xx_Simmer_xx0 Posts: 196 Member
    I really like young adult and adult gameplay, but I dislike child and teen gameplay because I feel like there's nothing you can really do. That's why I usually play on the normal lifespan, I'd prefer it if it was like The Sims 3 where you could change the amount of days for each lifestage.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    We definitely need to be able to set our own days, cause the life stages are so out of proportion. All the other ligestages are too long compared to the elder phase. My elders always die before they get to see their grand children and I get them on YA, so don't get it.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    idk I usually play aging off and i don't feel like I'm stuck with anything as I can always just make cake and age them up
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited October 2019
    I just made the switch to playing long and it’s awesome. That way it gives me a long time to play each life stage but if they max out all I want them to then I can simply age them up. I always give my sims a set of goals for each stage and that gives me plenty of time for them to achieve them.