Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the next pack a Winter Wonderland Vacation?

In the latest Maxis Monthly where they showed us the content for the next patch devs also displayed that there is a new hair CAS category for sims male and female.

dkb2Tny.png?1

The icon is clearly a head with a winter beanie on it.

There's also the odd addition of the Yeti/Sasquatch costume in the future update.

jYXLfxN.png?1

All this could possibly indicate for a future Winter Wonderland Vacation pack coming up.

As a reminder I'd like to say that TS1 had an NPC called Betty Yeti that was present whenever you went to the Vacation Island in the mountain area.

What do you think of these and what would you expect in this type of pack?

the_sims1_em_ferias.jpg
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I don't think it's a hat? I think it's just a filter for updo hairstyles (like buns and ponytails)

The shadowing of the icon doesn't make it seem at all like it's all hair in there. There's a hair bang, then something on top.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I don't think it's a hat? I think it's just a filter for updo hairstyles (like buns and ponytails)

The shadowing of the icon doesn't make it seem at all like it's all hair in there. There's a hair bang, then something on top.

Its not a hat, it's hair in a bun.
    We already have a hat category, so why would they add one in the hair category?
    It looks like they're adding an updo category, at long last.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Yeah I feel like that’s a bun, not a hat. I was excited for a min lol
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    It looks like a bun to me, but the Yeti is interesting to think about!

I've no idea why they would add a yeti costume to a holiday pack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    In the latest Maxis Monthly where they showed us the content for the next patch devs also displayed that there is a new hair CAS category for sims male and female.

dkb2Tny.png?1

There's also the odd addition of the Yeti/Sasquatch costume in the future update.

jYXLfxN.png?1

All this could possibly indicate for a future Winter Wonderland Vacation pack coming up.

As a reminder I'd like to say that TS1 had an NPC called Betty Yeti that was present whenever you went to the Vacation Island in the mountain area.

What do you think of these and what would you expect in this type of pack?

the_sims1_em_ferias.jpg

I really hope so. I've been wanting a Winter Wonderland Vacation Destination. You're first and second pics aren't showing up. I just see an X.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

I would love that so much! I hope you're right.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    I hope it's hinting at a winter wonderland vacation, I would love that so much!

As for the hat/hair, I think like others have mentioned, that it is a bun updo style rather than a hat.

I really like the Yeti costume, it will be useful in my game :smile: I think it could have been left over from Get Famous? But they thought it would better suit the holiday update as it is more winter themed.. So I doubt it's a hint to an upcoming pack (although I hope i'm wrong) but it could well be a nod towards the sims 1 Betty yeti :smile:
  • Options

As for the hat/hair, I think like others have mentioned, that it is a bun updo style rather than a hat.

I really like the Yeti costume, it will be useful in my game :smile: I think it could have been left over from Get Famous? But they thought it would better suit the holiday update as it is more winter themed.. So I doubt it's a hint to an upcoming pack (although I hope i'm wrong) but it could well be a nod towards the sims 1 Betty yeti :smile:

Yeti Outfit comes in several colors one I brown so it can be a Sasquatch Outfit as well.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I definitely would love a ski/winter lodge with snowbowing/skiing but yeah I thinki it's just a new updo/pony/pigtail category which I am also for cause we need one.
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    It looks like a bun to me, but the Yeti is interesting to think about!

I've no idea why they would add a yeti costume to a holiday pack.

In seeing the yeti costume made me think of Bumble from Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. I think that's how it fits in a holiday pack.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I thought it was a bun too. But good catch. I didn't notice that.

I guess Kate did end up leaking something, even if it's a new hair length category :joy:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm not too sure as well, but I've wanted a winter wonderland vacation spot ever since the original Vacation EP. :) I don't know if the yeti hints to this, but it was suggested in a survey years ago, so they did consider it at least.

I wonder how this pack would work for non-Seasons owners though. Is it going to be like Vacation Island where there's always snow on the ground but no precipitation? If we ever get this, that means we'll also get new cold weather outfits, which would be nice. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I really hope that's an updo filter. I've been wanting this.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    Thats interesting! But i feel like thats more of an update content. Or at least a stuff pack. I thing Outdoor Retreat already covers a lot of what a game pack like that could offer.
  • Options
    TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    A Winter Wonderland pack? Well, that could be the reason why they have been so stingy with cold weather clothing so far.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited December 2018

dkb2Tny.png?1

It is? Looks like hair in a bun to me...

Probably an updo filter as others have said.

Would love a Winter Winderland pack, though!
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    A winter vacation pack was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the yeti costume, mainly because it made me think of the bear costume from Outdoor Retreat. This would be lovely! I've always wanted a world of eternal winter, like an ice desert in contrast to Oasis Springs, which is basically a world of eternal summer, and even though I was hoping for a residential world, a vacation destination would be the next best thing... or better yet, a world that is divided into a residential and a vacation area.

If we do get a winter-related pack, though, I wonder how the weather will be implemented. Winter and snow are concepts introduced with Seasons, so how will the 4 or 5 people who haven't bought Seasons yet experience this potential new pack without it?
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    A winter vacation pack was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the yeti costume, mainly because it made me think of the bear costume from Outdoor Retreat. This would be lovely! I've always wanted a world of eternal winter, like an ice desert in contrast to Oasis Springs, which is basically a world of eternal summer, and even though I was hoping for a residential world, a vacation destination would be the next best thing... or better yet, a world that is divided into a residential and a vacation area.

If we do get a winter-related pack, though, I wonder how the weather will be implemented. Winter and snow are concepts introduced with Seasons, so how will the 4 or 5 people who haven't bought Seasons yet experience this potential new pack without it?

They will experience it in summer XD "winter is coming soon for the low price of $60"
  • Options
    ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    Now that I look closer at that picture, it's looking more like a hair styled in a bun with bangs or something, rather than a winter hat. Who wears their ears OUTSIDE the hat?
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

Yeti Outfit comes in several colors one I brown so it can be a Sasquatch Outfit as well.

Is that confirmed or speculation on your part?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I also think it's a new hair category, ponytails, buns, etc. We have a "beanie" icon in hats and why would a hat be in the hair section?

I love the new Yeti costume and can not wait to use it. My star sim is at the level where he isn't required to go to hair and wardrobe (although I do send him). I might opt for him to wear the yeti costume instead to make it a comedy movie. Imagine, a Yeti starring in "Dignity ans Decorum" or "Last Town in the West".

While I don't believe they "hint", I do hope a winter vacation is in the works.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Armilus616 wrote: »

Confirmed. The Livestream showed the additional colors. Go back and watch cas when Kate showed the yeti. You briefly see the color swatches below it.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Since we got a Yeti, the Winter Wonderland Pack is pretty much dead.

All the previous Winter Wonderland packs that have been described in surveys included meeting a yeti, so I think they dropped the concept and added some stuff like the yeti to the free holiday celebration pack.

Also Seasons wouldn't sell as much if we had a pack that would give us one of the main seasons.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Armilus616 wrote: »

Confirmed. The Livestream showed the additional colors. Go back and watch cas when Kate showed the yeti. You briefly see the color swatches below it.

I found it. Thank you.