Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you start your legacies with a founder or gen. 1?

I recently started a legacy challenge were you have to go through ten generations and I was wondering, do most people start their legacies from founder then gen. 1-10 or just gen. 1-10? Just curious to see how most people start off.
Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn

Do you start your legacies with a founder or gen. 1? 82 votes

Start from founder then gen. 1-10
36%
BreeSashaGalacticGalIcewolfmusiclover13191VibseDJQ1308SimpkinBagoas77drake_mccartyshygirlSimplyJentaydevduhboy2u2CharliimaiSavvySimmieBridgetKVluxsylvansassecatGoofhead2Bashsync2015 30 votes
Start from Gen. 1
63%
icmnfrshKita5399CheesySimsLoverjeepjeepcatMadameLeeHowGreatThouArtStellaInterpolSasquatch7StormkeepSimpatsyannasimbsimStrangerthancornflake88Irdiwenfreindlylolfruitsbasket101loubyloulouBluellePegasysChelleJo 52 votes

Comments

• Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It really depends on my goal for that play file.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    it depends so my answer would be both.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited November 2018
    I recently started a legacy challenge were you have to go through ten generations and I was wondering, do most people start their legacies from founder then gen. 1-10 or just gen. 1-10? Just curious to see how most people start off.

In total, one of my families has seven generations. I started with two three-sim families(two elders with one young adult offspring who married each other.) The Achievement counter for this says 5/10. Lol. The mother and newborn son in my avi are the eldest of gen. 6's wife and the first-born of gen. 7!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    The only Legacy I play is Pinstar's Legacy Challenge. You start with a founder, which is generation one and once the heir for the 10th generation is born, it's game over.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Start from Gen. 1
    I'm doing this same challenge :) I've just reached gen 9 and it feels like its taken me ages, but at the same time I've really enjoyed it. Its the longest I've ever stuck with a legacy! I included my first as gen 1.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    edited November 2018
    Start from Gen. 1
    The only Legacy I play is Pinstar's Legacy Challenge. You start with a founder, which is generation one and once the heir for the 10th generation is born, it's game over.

So you start with one sim who is both founder and gen 1? I've seen others who start with a founder sim but they count their founders child as gen 1. I usually just start like you do but I was just curious how many others start the other way.
    asimbsim wrote: »
    I'm doing this same challenge :) I've just reached gen 9 and it feels like its taken me ages, but at the same time I've really enjoyed it. Its the longest I've ever stuck with a legacy! I included my first as gen 1.

I'm at the tail end of gen 3. I've already chosen an heir for gen 4 and am just waiting for him to age up to YA. I've tried to do a legacy many times now and have only managed to get to gen 5 before I get bored. I'm really enjoying this one though so I hope to finish this time around. :)
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    founder is gen 1 in mine. And I play past gen 10.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Start from Gen. 1
    Most challenge, start with a founder which is considered gen 1. So I play that my founding family is always Gen 1. So, sort of both. But, yeah.... my founder is Gen 1, but I call them the founder and each leading sim after is an heir.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    The founder is Gen 1 when I play a legacy/challenge.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Start from Gen. 1
    I thought the founder is generation 1. That's how I did my Sims 2 legacy, and how I'm doing my Sims 3 one.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I'm trying to do a legacy challenge by the rules, and I'm not sure what the exact rule is with founder/gen 1, so to play it safe I'm counting the founder's child as 1, to make sure I get all 10 generations either way. But when I'm not doing something very technical, founder = 1.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Start from Gen. 1
    I have only ever made it to Generation 3 when I attempt a Legacy but my Founder has always been Generation 1.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Start from Gen. 1
    I follow Pinstar’s Legacy Rules and my founder is also the first generation (of course).
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Thought it was the same thing lol
  • Options
    CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    Start from Gen. 1
    I've always played: founder = gen. 1, their kids = gen. 2, and so on.
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    Start from Gen. 1
    I've always considered the founder to always be gen 1.

That legacy is now well within 36 Generations so... :D
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Start from Gen. 1
    Thought it was the same thing lol

I may have worded it a bit weird. What I was asking was if you consider your founder gen 1 of your legacy or if you consider their children gen 1. Sorry for the confusion. But it seems to me that most, if not all start with the founder as gen 1 so thanks to everyone for their input. :)
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Start from Gen. 1
    I always consider my founder to be generation 1 - I'm terrible at finishing any challenges, so I guess it doesn't really make a difference in my case :smiley: