Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Injuries in the Sims 4, Yay or Neigh?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    simmysimsim123simmysimsim123 Posts: 43 Member
    I think it depends on the consequences and the overall impact of the injuries. Like is it merely scars and scabs, or something more? Interesting concept though!
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Maybe like broken arm or leg. It would give us more uses for the hospital. It should work like how you can take your pets to vet, Sims would be able to have someone take them or go themselves.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    daneilhenry12daneilhenry12 Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes, me too want some realistic presence. It's also funny itself. And the best thing to see is their survival goals with injured body. Good Idea!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Honestly, I have always thought that I would like it but it really depends on how it is implemented.

I am very very disappointed with how sickness currently works in the Sims 4. If your sim is actively playing the doctor career then it is fine and dandy, something happens. If you play a sim that is not a doctor there isn’t much impact at all. All of a sudden your sim has weird spots, but you cannot go to the hospital or get a doctors appointment. If you do not treat it nothing really happens. The sicknesses are there for the doctor career, not for rounding out the game and making it feel real. Before you could only buy medicine on the computer and it magically appeared in your inventory. Now at least you can build a retail store that looks like a pharmacy and buy the medicine there for a little bit of gameplay.

I love occult sims to bits and pieces, I do not like plantsims as they are now and do not incorporate them into my stories.

If injuries would get into the game I would like to see it well incorporated, but I am not really sure how as of now. If not then perhaps it is better to give more focus to something else in the game instead. Either they do it well and involved or not at all. I just seem to be more irritated than pleased with features that just give me a hint of something interesting but stops halfway.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    whimreaper wrote: »
    It's an interesting concept, but I'm wondering just how buggy it would get, especially with multiple possible injuries. Also, they would either have to program it to randomly happen, happen in work (rabbit hole interactions), or tied as a risk to specific objects (climbing wall, crafting table, etc.). I think if they made it random, it would be kind of interesting but VERY annoying if you're not interested in that type of gameplay. If to do with jobs, it might feel unsatisfying, as your sim would just "end up" injured and come home like normal. If attached to objects, players might feel exploring new items is too risky. Maybe if there was a way to enable/disable it?

Maybe they could make a pop up asking if you want your sim injured, that way if you don’t you could just say no.

• Options
    DragonGirl643DragonGirl643 Posts: 90 Member
    > @Movotti said:
    > Yes!
    >
    > I want bunk beds, and I want children to be able to fall from them, and break an arm or leg.

That would be awesome! Also maybe diseases, not lethal but like fever and cold
    why are my sims games so weird?
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yes please!

Arm-related injuries should cause temporary clumsiness if it's their dominant arm! It would also affect their ability to do certain skills. Temporarily, of course.

Leg-related injuries should also cause them to have a specific walkstyle. You know the one. It would slow them down, and they're unable to run for a day or two.
    I hurt my foot recently by stepping wrong and falling over. So I couldn't really walk normally for a few days. It wasn't even a very serious injury, no bones were broken, but it still hurt to walk.

Sending them to the hospital would have them come back with a cast over the injured limb, and it would help them heal faster.
    vampires would heal supernaturally fast, even without the hospital...maybe

Falling down stairs could be a possible way to get injured. The chances of it happening should be really low, though. Slipping on ice should be another. Climbing wall accidents, definitely. Getting into a fight should at least cause bruises. What if falling off a cliff was a thing?

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I would like this, unfortunately I doubt it would be very good. There are some ways sims can 'injure' themselves already and they usually get an uncomfortable or dazed moodlet. Sims is too safe for me, I mean pets get sick but only die of old age. My sims get sick, but it just goes away. I think when they did illnesses they should have done some serious ones that could actually kill your sims.
  • Options
    melissalungumelissalungu Posts: 655 Member
    I have wanted sims in casts and on crutches for the longest time. I had ideas for this since TS2, but it's never appeared in game, nor in any mod.

I wish it had been done with GTW, as that would've made so much sense. It doesn't even have to be an option for your sim to visit the hospital like with pregnancy, but they could disappear for an hour and then reappear with a cast and crutches. If a sim needs an operation, then they should be in a wheelchair for 2 days, and have to bumshuffle up and down stairs, after putting their wheelchair into their inventory, like with pushchairs for toddlers in TS3, or make them draggable in live mode so they can take the wheelchair upstairs with them.

Breakable bones for things like:

falling in snowy weather,
    falling at the roller rink,
    playing on playground equipment or fitness wall,
    falling off gym equipment or using gym equipment with low fitness skill,
    diving into a pool,
    falling out of bunkbeds (please, oh please give us bunkbeds - and have an option to switch the lower bunk for a toddler bed so two kids in a poor house can share the tiny room)
    falling down stairs...

Being old should have a higher risk factor of falling in general, especially in snowy weather

Broken legs should definitely cause clumsiness as a temporary trait and affect their walk style for a couple of days once the cast is off.

Children should be accompanied to the hospital like a pregnant sim in labour is with their chosen birth partner....or maybe every sim should be able to choose whether to be accompanied, like when a sim is having a baby. Go alone, or choose sim to go with.
    If you have spare points as you own the store, why not spend them on me? Haha!!! My wishlist

My thank you thread

My profile

My Top 5 store items :smile:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    LanieBorne wrote: »
    I was wondering, is it just me who wants EA to allow sims to have the ability to injure themselves? I know alot of people wont want this. However, I think this would add to way more realistic gameplay. It could also add new deaths, which I am never opposed to. I just think The Sims 4 is a little too safe...

Neigh aka No. I just don't want injuries in The Sims 4.
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    This could be great. They could make a sports pack and add injuries. Of course, no one would want just sports injuries, but I'm sure they could open it up to other activities/or just clumsy sims...
  • Options
    CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    It could be interesting if tasteful - like, since we have hospitals in The Sims 4: Get to Work, it would be fun if sims could come in with a broken arm/leg and have to be patched up by the doctor. I personally want wheelchairs and maybe injuries (or birth defects) that cause sims to be in a wheelchair for the duration of their life - whether temporary or permanent, depending on the injury. I'd be happy if just temporary, as I understand representing a long-term disability might be more complex.
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I would love this. But I would want an option to turn off injuries as well. Similar to how we can turn off fame and certain weather.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    YES YES YES. I'd love them to have injuries. Maybe, if they do too much athelitic activity, they'll break a bone, and have to go the hospital to get it treated. More consequences in the game would be much appreciated.
  • Options
    BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member
    Reminds me of one of the poll options from the community stuff pack that became Laundry Day, the one with more danger and deaths. Injuries and actuall sickness would give the doctors in Get to Work something to do that has any consequence (besides delivering babies). There are not enough negative things that happen to sims in The Sims 4. I miss how in The Sims 2, sims could die from sickness. Now they just get the uncomfortable moodlet for a few hours and then they're all better. I want them to suffer, dangit! :D
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Oddly enough I posted something of this nature not long ago. I was sharing about an incident that occurred with my (at that time) Proper Celebrity who got invited to his first Charity Event. It was at a dance place. One of the things he could do to help increase his star-points was to do a Dance Battle. I had him choose the Hostess of the Event. Well, it was an Epic Fail for my star. He tried a back flip and it flopped. Smack, he went down face first. Too bad you couldn't tell that happened once he removed himself from the cold dance floor. That would have been hilarious. "Can you give me an exclusive interview?" yelled the Paparazzi. "Yeah, sure," Erik replied. "Say, tell me what happened last night, I heard you took a face-plant on the dance floor. And I can tell by the bruise on your cheek, something happened." Erik's cheeks flushed a light crimson. "Guess I'm out of practice. Been spending too much time recording music and no time dancing. So, yeah. It was epic. Total face-plant." And then he laughed.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ShepardShepard Posts: 125 Member
    Maybe as in something simple like a broken arm or leg, I think that's more realistic. Something your sim can get from a rabbithole work accident if they ever add a construction worker job or something like that. Then they get a cast and a bad emotion and that's it. Not too much to ask for, totally doable.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
  • Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Yes please add these in!!!!!!! Even pinched nerves and things of that nature as well. Pretty please with lots of cherries on top :D
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    We used to ask for them years ago and the devs says they are not allowed to make real injuries or illnesses or they'd lose their game rating. They never explained it further - but said they do not do anything that will affect the game rating and left it at that.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    No, because it will happen far too often. Illnesses are too frequent, but they're not that impactful on gameplay. Look at how often sims fall on the floor in snow.

The types of injuries are also an issue. Too mild and it doesn't look like anything visually. Too severe and you'll have a whole neighbourhood of people with broken arms and legs. You want sims walking with a limp? Might as well have zombies.
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I wouldn't mind if playing on the monkey bars, jungle gym, or basketball had a risk factor element to it. Like a percentage chance of injury similar to how the risky woohoo in mccc works, BUT it should also account for skill. The higher the skill level, the less lower the percentage chance for injury goes. If my child has maxed the motor skill I don't expect him/her to break an arm sitting on the monkey bars by themselves in the backyard. Would be ideal if the number of people in the group contributed as well. I've rarely known someone to get injured playing or doing something completely alone. It would be a tricky system to implement, and I would advise that they go no further than crutches, braces, boots, and potentially wheelchairs. Of course the injured sim could heal from all of these, maybe a really really low chance that it's really bad and your sim goes to the doctor and you get the option that the doctor recommends a wheelchair or they could give your kid a risky experimental serum? But the catch is that the "risky experimental serum" always works, and of course cheats available for storytelling purposes and people who don't want their sims in wheelchairs. Young Adults and Adults should have lower risk of injury, with children probably being peak accident prone age, but then the percentage goes back up for elders - making it more likely that if you perform risky interactions with an elder that they get injured and more likely they get more seriously injured and in turn more likely to be in a wheelchair than children. WHEW, I'm so out of breath and I haven't even been speaking. wow... I gave this a lot more thought than I anticipated. It kinda all just came out. ha.. ha... Anyways, I am a strong advocate for NO mental illness in any sims game ever. I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. If the erratic trait is the closest we ever get, fine by me. I can't see a world in which they could ever accurately represent any kind of mental illness, so I think it's better for them not to mess with it. The erratic trait could be modified a bit, but I don't think it needs to be since it's mostly included for silliness purposes and there was no harm meant by it if that makes sense. Their goal with that trait wasn't to characterize mental illness, it was so kids could be silly, I'm not going to say whether this in itself is good or bad, but it's at least passable by me/doesn't offend me personally.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I vote no. I like it in theory but I know that in gameplay I'd hate it. It'd be such a pain (no pun intended) after the novelty wore off.

But I guess if it was something that didn't happen easily it'd be okay. I don't want to have to be dealing with minor, frequent injuries like papercuts. I like what happens with certain moodlets where you can get minorly "injured" repairing things above your skill level or whatever and experience discomfort for a few hours, and then it just disappears.

I do agree that TS4 is too safe though. It's just that injuries would have to be added very carefully for me to be a fan, because I don't like things that hinder my gameplay, and I'm very goal oriented.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I always wanted to see a sim fall down the stairs :)

I'd like injuries, but a pack could not be based only on this, because I would want it to happen rarely, not every other day.

They could also add some logics between using glasses or not. Adding dna for how good a sim's eyes work, would be cool. Those needing glasses would do lots of stuff slowly if not wearing glasses, they would fail big time at dart, kids would take forever to do schoolwork, etc. And obviously, sims that need glasses but don't wear them, might double their chance of falling down those stairs, muha! :smiley:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg