Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want Burglary Back?

Comments

• Options
    Mandy_LynMandy_Lyn Posts: 33 Member
    Yes - I would love to add more real world stress into my game!
    Made the game a little more realistic, would love to see burglars again.
  • Options
    BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    Maybe - If there is to avoid it or stop it once the event is active, like calling the cops.
    I don't miss it but if I could stop it I'd think it would be a good addition to the game
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Mandy_LynMandy_Lyn Posts: 33 Member
    @Babycakelings maybe it could be an option, like how the seasons weather is an option.
  • Options
    BabycakelingsBabycakelings Posts: 100 Member
    Maybe - If there is to avoid it or stop it once the event is active, like calling the cops.
    @Mandy_Lyn I'd really like that as an option, wish they did it for vampires since I don't really like it that they can break in.
    tumblr_pjpuetVQKC1vjcb7vo1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    zubop81zubop81 Posts: 23 Member
    I totally miss burglars! We have criminal and police careers it really feels like burglars and firefighters are missing. Most people IRL don't have a sprinkler system in their house for fires. We have other NPC's like the easter bunny and father christmas so I don't know why we can't have them too.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No - I would like for my sims to keep their stuff, thank you very much.
    No, I actually would rather my sims not lose their stuff in uncontrollable, unpredictable events.
  • Options
    HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    Yes,
    The reason i want the option for a burglary to happen, not all the time, but maybe like a 5% chance of burglary, because as of right now, i feel everything in the sims 4 is handed to us on a plate, no struggles in getting anything, play the game for 5 real life hours and you probably have your 20-40k, enough to upgrade your house a bunch.. basically saying, right now the sims 4 is pretty easy going and theres no family stress! i'd really appreciate some activity in the sims 4 where my house could have a chance to be burgled.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • Options
    CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    edited March 2019
    It'd be cool if you could be the robber, especially when being in the criminal career or having the klepto trait.
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • Options
    SimptuousSimptuous Posts: 82 Member
    I voted no as that is one thing I definitely don't miss in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited March 2019
    No - I feel like it would end up being a buggy mess.
    I don't know. The game feels too long in the tooth for a whole lot more than some single play through content like the get stranger pack that just came out. New content also means compounded or even more bugs that languish unfixed for too long.
  • Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    Only if the burglar prevention also works on kleptos. I’ve wanted them to address that issue like forever. There should be a way to protect your beautiful home / restaurants / retails / vets that took several hours / days / weeks to built.
  • Options
    SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    Other
    only if we would be able to turn it off it because I think that some players appreciate this aspect but some dont. personally i dont like it. i play sims to relax and having the prior knowledge that i may get burgled makes me not want to speed up my gameplay just in case i get burgled. I get personally attatched to my sims PEOPLE!!!! like it makes me worried about burglers in real life let alone including it in the sims hehe.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd like to have burglers back because of the money vault that came with Get Famous. It has alarms but with no burglers what's the purpose?
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    yes - Im actually in shock HOW they haven't put it in yet

-Yarden.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes I want them back
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I feel they've got the code half done (vampire break ins, swiping animations for kleptos) that it should be easy to add. I'd love a lot of the old npcs to return
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I vote yes because I feel there isn't nearly enough negative consequences in the game, nothing bad ever really happens other than death and if Im a scientist alien abduction. I'd really just like things in general that make life a struggle for my sims, chance cards firing my sim, burglars, would really suck if the burglar stole my sims vault with more than half of my household funds in it :wink:
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Definitely burglars, but the repo man (or woman) and the fire brigade are needed too, considering how annoying fires can be without the fire brigade. Also good fun fighting the repo woman (or man)
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited May 2019
    I would love it and feel as though its something that should have been introduced in Get to Work especially due to the lack of NPC's included in base game. It is such a classic The Sims staple I dont get the omission, like many things omitted in TS4, it makes no sense.

Plz, though you wont listen since you have your uppity selfie-taking, fame-🐸🐸🐸🐸 teenage targeted agenda, add more small real life tragedy. I understand this is a t for teen game but if your sims can burn alive i'm sure a computer can be stolen without fracturing the fragility of young people.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yes, I'd like to have it back with the option to have a burglar alarm /call police to stop a robbery in progress.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    No - I feel like it would end up being a buggy mess.
    No, thank you. I never cared for the whole idea of a burglar sneaking in and swiping the most expensive items my Sims owned. In my case, it was the stove more often than not. Or the brand new computer. And that burglar alarm was so annoying. Putting an alarm on the lot accomplished nothing except to wake every Sim in the household. Then they would get a negative moodlet for 24 hours. I was a bit happy they were left out of the Sims4. I don't miss having them in the game at all.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I think it could be funny! I remember how the Police officers in Sims 2 used to fight with the burglar. If I remember correct, even the own Sims were able to fight with him. This was funny as hell :D . Only if I imagine a burglar break-in in one of my Vampire - households... no mercy :D.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    No, thank you. I never cared for the whole idea of a burglar sneaking in and swiping the most expensive items my Sims owned. In my case, it was the stove more often than not. Or the brand new computer. And that burglar alarm was so annoying. Putting an alarm on the lot accomplished nothing except to wake every Sim in the household. Then they would get a negative moodlet for 24 hours. I was a bit happy they were left out of the Sims4. I don't miss having them in the game at all.

I'm curious and I don't mean any ill will towards it but what about it, in particular, do you not enjoy? I personally enjoy the hardship in it, The alarm noise is 100% annoying but I would hope they might implement a silent alarm type thing where it merely sends a notification to the sims phone, waking them that way versus the ear-piercing shriek of a distressed cat against a chalkboard? Would you be opposed to something like that? Or just the discourse burglars cause in general?

I personally wish there were more chances for failure in the game.
  • Options
    GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I remember being a little kid, playing sims 1 and being so scared for the burglar.
    I used to send my sims on a vacation all the time because of this, lol

But when I grew up older, I also never found this fun.
    It's just not spectacular for me.
    Maybe if there will be just a little bit more into it, like more interactions than maybe.

But I wouldn't mind if it will come to the game. I know it will make a lot of players happy :smiley:
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Options
    simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    I always deleted the sims who came into my sims homes anyway so it would be pointless