Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want Burglary Back?

Comments

• Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    Yes - I would love to add more real world stress into my game!
    I miss the burglar, the repo man, CPS, and the private school dean. It all added an extra oomph to my gameplay.
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    If there is, can there be a one-piece latex, or leather, outfit for women?
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Everyone going on about how annoying having their stuff stolen was, er did you not use the burglar alarm?? It would always call the police, who should always arrive on time to catch the burglar.

Defo bring back burglars, in fact if their wasn’t already a criminal career I would suggest that potentially as an active career. That could be a fun one :)
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    They could try and crack the vault that came with famous?? We could have a whole load of security stuff added, functioning CCTV cameras, a tv monitor to spy on the cameras, a panic room maybe for your scared sims during a home invasion? Those crazy laser triggers you see in spy movies for really paranoid sims, or upgrade bars on your windows etc

Not that I would be into it at all but come to think of it, I’m surprised guns have never really made an appearance in the Sims. Considering how big a part they seem to play in American culture, and the Sims is pretty American and loves to play with stereotypes. I dunno, just thought it was strange that it’s never even been a conversation considering how into guns Americans can be.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    No - I feel like it would end up being a buggy mess.
    So far, butlers, maids, vampires, restaurants, shops have ended up being very buggy, no way burglary would work as intended.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    yes yes and yes
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    LindiOutOfAfricaLindiOutOfAfrica Posts: 17 Member
    Totally, I feel like my sims live in this stupid happy bubble where nothing ever goes wrong...
    qmKQpYB.jpg
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    No - I feel like it would end up being a buggy mess.
    Techbilt wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    No, thank you. I never cared for the whole idea of a burglar sneaking in and swiping the most expensive items my Sims owned. In my case, it was the stove more often than not. Or the brand new computer. And that burglar alarm was so annoying. Putting an alarm on the lot accomplished nothing except to wake every Sim in the household. Then they would get a negative moodlet for 24 hours. I was a bit happy they were left out of the Sims4. I don't miss having them in the game at all.

I'm curious and I don't mean any ill will towards it but what about it, in particular, do you not enjoy? I personally enjoy the hardship in it, The alarm noise is 100% annoying but I would hope they might implement a silent alarm type thing where it merely sends a notification to the sims phone, waking them that way versus the ear-piercing shriek of a distressed cat against a chalkboard? Would you be opposed to something like that? Or just the discourse burglars cause in general?

I personally wish there were more chances for failure in the game.

The idea of a thief coming into my Sims homes in the middle of the night to steal a newly purchased object was just irritating. And it happened almost every time I purchased something expensive for the family. The fact it was not random at all, but a triggered event, is why it became tedious and irritating. And why would the man of the house, who is at level 10 in fitness, allow a thief to steal the brand new kitchen stove? The alarm itself was ear-splittingly loud. Especially when I play with headphones on because the pet noises in the game bothered my real life pets. One Sim kitty meowing would bring both of my kitties running then jumping up on the computer desk to look for the source of that meow. LOL So I guess my dislike for the burglars comes from trying to avoid having my immersion in the game interrupted, and having my ears bleed from that infernal burglar alarm. LOL
  • Options
    mochasmommamochasmomma Posts: 2 New Member
    I want burglars back really bad. I dont know why I just really miss that extra challenge
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    Other
    I can understand why they're hesitant/don't want to add burglars back into the game. I'm at home alone most of the time and I live in a rural area where there would be nowhere to run if we had an intruder, so even just the thought of having someone trespass with malicious intent makes me nauseous. I can't even imagine the feelings of people who actually have had their spaces intruded. It would be terrible to feel so unsafe in a place where you're supposed to be able to relax- your home.

That being said! I always kinda loved the little adrenaline rush I got from hearing the creepy burglar music. Making them more comical than malicious definitely helps. I would love to have them back, but I understand why they aren't likely to be implemented.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2019
    To be honest, I have never had a buggy mess when it comes to NPC;'S

Just lazy maids

if you owned a burglar alarm the burglar ran off before the cops came without ever stealing a single item, and if they did you were given an insurance payment towards the stolen items
    Post edited by marcel21 on
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    ThekillerGREThekillerGRE Posts: 1 New Member
    Maybe - If there is to avoid it or stop it once the event is active, like calling the cops.
    Of course! But only if we can try stop them however like putting our Sims to fight against Burglars and/or calling the police.

By the way, why would you complain about Burglars giving you stress but not Vampires who RANDOMLY invade your homeplace and you can't do anything against them? Makes no sense.
  • Options
    Teena94Teena94 Posts: 65 Member
    Other
    I kinda miss having a burglar alarm in my home and the possibility of having a burglar, even though it was a pain (I once had a burglar steal my car in TS3, it was a custom colour pick-up truck and I was mad). But I wouldn't pay for it as a game pack. I wouldn't be mad if they added burglars in an update though.
  • Options
    SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    No - I would like for my sims to keep their stuff, thank you very much.
    > @Evie0602 said:
    > I don't want burglars because I don't like unexpected things happening in my game. I play the sims to escape from life and for me that means being able to control everything that happens to my sims.

Completely agree!
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    edited May 2019
    Other
    We already have klepto sims, a criminal career and vampire break ins. We also have Detectives, Space Cops, and Secret Agents. I'd prefer they come up with new ideas to spice up the game.
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Wasn't a big fan of robbings in TS3. I'd rather not put that into TS4.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I'd much prefer firemen back...
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Other
    Alrynn wrote: »
    Now that we have neighbourhoods, we could also have safer and unsafer neighbourhoods (preferably with the option to decide that on our own). So safer ones will have close to or zero chance of burglar coming by and the unsafe one, well, more chance :D Also that way people who dislike the idea could avoid the hassle of playing with burglars all together ;)

I was gonna say exactly that. Just like in real life, crime should be more prevalent in some areas more so than others ! :)@Alrynn

I also want the Re-Po man back!
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Other
    Totally, I feel like my sims live in this stupid happy bubble where nothing ever goes wrong...

@LindiOutOfAfrica I must live a stupid happy life too, because ive never had my home burglarized. Thank god for that BUBBLE :D>:)
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    I loved burglars!!!!
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Yes! Those kinds of quirky happenings made past games so fun. If vampires can break in, I can't see why we shouldn't have burglars.
  • Options
    RJEB1RJEB1 Posts: 30 Member
    I would for them to bring that back. For all of the millionaire sims there is never any risk for them. I always enjoyed the fact that there was a risk that if I bought expensive stuff that there was a risk of it being stolen. If I recall correctly in the sims 3 if you were around when the burglar was around you had a chance to fight the burglar or call the police. Also the sims 4 has an option to lock doors which keeps the vampires out so it would be cool if burglars had the option to jimmy bar the lock on your door to bypass the lock as you sleep to steal your items. It would be more of a challenge for those of us who play in inmersion by playing as first person mode all the time where you can only see the room your controlled sim is in. Also since there is a criminal career in game already it would be cool if the burglar stealing your items at the time has a chance to be one of the sims that is in that specific career. So Maxis and EA if you are reading this please bring this back.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    So don't want burglars. Hope you can elect to turn them off if this does come to the game.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    Sims 4 is way too happy for my liking. I have to make my own rules to make sure my sims don’t all die millionaires with their first partner and tons of kids. So yes, adding some trouble back into the game would be 👌