Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After celebrities, it's time for cars and thieves!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I think that it is time for a new Sims game, next year being 2019 and all :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Hate to burst your bubble, but SGGrant already confirmed we will not be getting cars this year and that they haven't made them yet. Thieves are still up in the air.

Hey, you know what would be really great? Car thieves! :D

The Sims 3: "Hold my beer."
    Screenshot-2293.jpg

Ahh, Selena Savage, you were legendary in Bridgeport.
    There should be skill levels for burglars. After she got away so many times she actually became fun.
    I even had my sims invite her to a party.
    Screenshot-1354.jpg

Yes, Maxis even gave her striped formal wear.
    She even took a picture of my sim. What an awesome burglar.
    Screenshot-1367.jpg

So yeah, I really want my burglar NPCs in TS4 and I hope more depth and diversity are added to them.
    #DramaAndDanger

I'm with you #DramaAndDanger
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Tahabata wrote: »
    I know everyone here is talking about this possible Easter egg. I'm almost 100% sure that they did not put it out for nothing.

Police cars:
    police.png

It could be a fine example of a decorative object because there is a police career in Get to Work. But some time ago, this rumor was shown to us in the form of icons inside the game, found by the user Adamskii6:

3mHNzIj.png

Alarm for thieves, police cars, an expensive car, school bus, .. Exactly what we had in previous versions of The Sims.
    This user has also encountered icons related to Seasons and Cats and Dogs before they are released.

And of course, we also have a little hint, in the demonstration live of the new construction tool. A building that looked like a garage.
    I just really hope they invest so much time and good ideas for it to come in a way that has never been seen before.

There are many good ideas for cars and thieves here in the forum. I have reviewed many times on many topics about this. I hope they get the best out of every user's ideas and make them possible.

I hope they bring more active thieves and more than simple Npcs. Maybe an active career as they did with actors. A nice "Upgrade" to Get to Work's police career too, with more roles for the police career. A prison where your Sim Thief really could stay. We need upgrade for a criminal career, this career has incredible potential.

I also hope they bring incredible experiences with the cars. New activities, new skills and more challenges for gameplay, as additional expenses with gasoline or car maintenance.
    A trunk to make woo hoo and carry objects: Shop purchases, gifts or even items stolen by kleptomaniacs.
    A Drive-thru for restaurants, Outdoor cinema on the cliffs, parking for shops and events, dealerships, new function for mechanics skill, functional gas stations and many new detailed animations for each of these things!

I think cars are a given in 2019 and as far as some worlds not having roads EA can make it work.
  • Options
    Honestly Cars would be cool but I dont heavily need them in sims 4. Its just an object connected to a click and a short animation.
    Like I said it would be cool but honestly It does not make the game better for me anyhow. I super did not care for cars in sims 2 either. Sims 3 was diffrent because I liked to follow my sims in their cars but without the free world I dont need cars.

Glad if it comes for those who crave them but I want the sim gurus to work on packs that influence highly on the gameplay. aka witches.

The point of having cars is not just them getting your sim from A to B but also the interactions sims can do in them together.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I'd be more excited for burglars than cars, considering quite a number of lots don't even have streets. Then you have places like San Mynshuno where you can't even park a car. Dunno who that would even work, which would be a bummer since I have a lot of sims in the city there.

Hope to see a big improvement over burglars when they come to the game.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Scrib wrote: »
    Adding cars would not make sense as most of the streets are blocked off or have a dead end.
    That's like saying adding terrain tools would not work because all the worlds are flat... beyond the Island in Windenburg cars seem very possible be it taxi's in San Myshuno bus stops that they could have spawn like the skating rinks do there a way that every home could have access to transportation if the work is put in.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Honestly Cars would be cool but I dont heavily need them in sims 4. Its just an object connected to a click and a short animation.
    Like I said it would be cool but honestly It does not make the game better for me anyhow. I super did not care for cars in sims 2 either. Sims 3 was diffrent because I liked to follow my sims in their cars but without the free world I dont need cars.

Glad if it comes for those who crave them but I want the sim gurus to work on packs that influence highly on the gameplay. aka witches.

The point of having cars is not just them getting your sim from A to B but also the interactions sims can do in them together.

And being abel to build houses with garages.
    I just wish they'd tell us so I can put one in my build already XD
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Everytime people start asking for cars all we get is more fx cars, fx roads, and decor vehicles our sims not only do not see but cannot even interact with. On top of it I can't help but think all that fx every where is why we have no room for lots as sims cannot even use FX paths so they become visual blockades and sims still do not have cars on top of it. Pretty soon they won't have lots to even place the decor cars on at this rate.

Maybe we ought to stop asking for cars and go back to yelling for lots.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Everytime people start asking for cars all we get is more fx cars, fx roads, and decor vehicles our sims not only do not see but cannot even interact with. On top of it I can't help but think all that fx every where is why we have no room for lots as sims cannot even use FX paths so they become visual blockades and sims still do not have cars on top of it. Pretty soon they won't have lots to even place the decor cars on at this rate.

Why can't we have both? No one is asking for all this FX. I don't want fake roads, fake cars, and decor everywhere. I barely even look at the map. If they just made cars Sims could actually use, they not only wouldn't have to worry about us complaining about it, but wouldn't have to fill the world with fake cars that take time and energy away from more substantial objectives, like getting more lots.

And a counter argument could be made that since customers are complaining that there aren't enough lots, they'll just add in more fake houses and buildings. So it goes both ways.

Bottom Line to Maxis: Stop with the boring FX, and make something substantial that players can actually use!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Well since we will have vaults with alarms I'm hoping we see burglers in the November Update and police as well. I know people who wont' buy Get Famous won't have the vaults but they could still have the burgler alarms so burglers would still come.
  • Options
    safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    I can't stand cars in the Sims. They just waste so much time, and they're very hard to de-Americanise, which makes them seem really out of place in areas that are intended to be elsewhere.

I would love for crime to have a bigger impact though. We have an active police career and yet no breaking and entering? No street fights? Sad.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I did not know about driveways being part of the playable lot terrain.
    Why go to that trouble if cars are not in the works?
    drive.jpg

They could be doing it for extra immersion, but that just makes the lack of cars scream louder.
    And this lot has three driveways connected to it like they are trying to give you more layout options for garages.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I did not know about driveways being part of the playable lot terrain.
    Why go to that trouble if cars are not in the works?
    drive.jpg

They could be doing it for extra immersion, but that just makes the lack of cars scream louder.
    And this lot has three driveways connected to it like they are trying to give you more layout options for garages.

And if you look behind these houses. The fake houses all have garages. Correct me if I'm wrong but the background houses I've seen didn't have garages.

Anyways, whenever they start showing something this much it is usually because it is coming. Just like with pets and seasons.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Why can't we have both? No one is asking for all this FX. I don't want fake roads, fake cars, and decor everywhere. I barely even look at the map. If they just made cars Sims could actually use, they not only wouldn't have to worry about us complaining about it, but wouldn't have to fill the world with fake cars that take time and energy away from more substantial objectives, like getting more lots.

And a counter argument could be made that since customers are complaining that there aren't enough lots, they'll just add in more fake houses and buildings. So it goes both ways.

Bottom Line to Maxis: Stop with the boring FX, and make something substantial that players can actually use!

Sure no one is asking for it - but it is in the game already and where it exists nothing else can. Where will you put the roads and the cars that are not fx? They cannot use the same paths.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    We need more NPCs for sure. But vehicles? I mean all the premade houses would have to be redone in order to add garages so I do not see that feature ever being added. I hope those who want vehicles get them, but me personally? I can live without them.
  • Options
    zubop81zubop81 Posts: 23 Member
    Yes! Cars are totally needed if they don't work I'm tired of using the few toy car options and scaling them up. I agree with the comments about the driveways, why have them if we are not going to have garage doors and cars!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    and why three drives on one lot :#
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    At the very least, I think the Sims team wouldn't find it hard to patch burglars and cops back in. Even without vehicles, the police could still spawn and run in, which is how TS1 did it. It's not as realistic as the previous two games, but I'd take that if we're not yet getting cars soon.

I was also going to mention bringing firefighters back, but the sprinklers are so effective that they're pretty much obsolete in this game anyway.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yeah. But it's also time for better personalities.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I am heavily on board with cars. To me, cars and garages are basic things we should have. Whether we have open world doesn't matter. Tons of interactions can be done in cars that are just sitting in the driveway.

Plus a new mechanic career and skills. Building/repairing cars. Finally having complete builds. Plus buses for kids and possibly skate boards and bikes. Skate boards would work great for going to open connected lots. We could have skate parks. Cars opens up a lot of possibilities that would be great for the game.