Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After celebrities, it's time for cars and thieves!

TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
I know everyone here is talking about this possible Easter egg. I'm almost 100% sure that they did not put it out for nothing.

Police cars:
police.png

It could be a fine example of a decorative object because there is a police career in Get to Work. But some time ago, this rumor was shown to us in the form of icons inside the game, found by the user Adamskii6:

3mHNzIj.png

Alarm for thieves, police cars, an expensive car, school bus, .. Exactly what we had in previous versions of The Sims.
This user has also encountered icons related to Seasons and Cats and Dogs before they are released.

And of course, we also have a little hint, in the demonstration live of the new construction tool. A building that looked like a garage.
I just really hope they invest so much time and good ideas for it to come in a way that has never been seen before.

There are many good ideas for cars and thieves here in the forum. I have reviewed many times on many topics about this. I hope they get the best out of every user's ideas and make them possible.

I hope they bring more active thieves and more than simple Npcs. Maybe an active career as they did with actors. A nice "Upgrade" to Get to Work's police career too, with more roles for the police career. A prison where your Sim Thief really could stay. We need upgrade for a criminal career, this career has incredible potential.

I also hope they bring incredible experiences with the cars. New activities, new skills and more challenges for gameplay, as additional expenses with gasoline or car maintenance.
A trunk to make woo hoo and carry objects: Shop purchases, gifts or even items stolen by kleptomaniacs.
A Drive-thru for restaurants, Outdoor cinema on the cliffs, parking for shops and events, dealerships, new function for mechanics skill, functional gas stations and many new detailed animations for each of these things!
Wish list:
- Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
- Wild Animals (Interactive)
- Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
- Bands
- Farming or Medieval EP
- Cyberpunk or Asian GP
- Beach.

Comments

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Hate to burst your bubble, but SGGrant already confirmed we will not be getting cars this year and that they haven't made them yet. Thieves are still up in the air.

Hey, you know what would be really great? Car thieves! :D
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Hate to burst your bubble, but SGGrant already confirmed we will not be getting cars this year and that they haven't made them yet. Thieves are still up in the air.

Yeah, i know. But it is still a very likely speculation to happen in the next packages.
    In the meantime, we can dream and say good ideas.
    Wish list:
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member

The Sims 3: "Hold my beer."
    Screenshot-2293.jpg

Ahh, Selena Savage, you were legendary in Bridgeport.
    There should be skill levels for burglars. After she got away so many times she actually became fun.
    I even had my sims invite her to a party.
    Screenshot-1354.jpg

Yes, Maxis even gave her striped formal wear.
    She even took a picture of my sim. What an awesome burglar.
    Screenshot-1367.jpg

So yeah, I really want my burglar NPCs in TS4 and I hope more depth and diversity are added to them.
    #DramaAndDanger
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    AntonAnton Posts: 35 Member

Obviously, we aren’t getting any more content this year after the release of November patch + EP. Still, it’s likely that either cars, bunk beds or npc’s will make it to the game by Q2 of 2019.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

The person asked "Why no cars? I dont get it. Sims 1,2,3 had cars but not Sims 4" in which Grant answered "We haven't made them yet." which would be true for any content not finished. That reply in my opinion does not say its not being worked on just that there not in there since they were not made yet. Also I'm glad to see the community is finally speaking up on cars its been 4 years here I thought the wait on toddlers was bad for a game that is trying to force modern on everything it is beyond ridiculous our Sims do not have cars.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The base game gave us the criminal career and with GF where any career can make you famous, you could become a well known mob boss like Tony Soprano.
  • Options

CK213 wrote: »

The Sims 3: "Hold my beer."
    Screenshot-2293.jpg

Ahh, Selena Savage, you were legendary in Bridgeport.
    There should be skill levels for burglars. After she got away so many times she actually became fun.
    I even had my sims invite her to a party.
    Screenshot-1354.jpg

Yes, Maxis even gave her striped formal wear.
    She even took a picture of my sim. What an awesome burglar.
    Screenshot-1367.jpg

So yeah, I really want my burglar NPCs in TS4 and I hope more depth and diversity are added to them.
    #DramaAndDanger

Hahahaha, That was really amazing! I remember that in my The Sims 3 I also tried to make friends with the thieves before they left.
    It was also fun the interaction of the police sims with thieves. Handcuffing them near the car and police was very exciting. I wish I could have the opportunity to do that in the police career.
    Wish list:
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

The person asked "Why no cars? I dont get it. Sims 1,2,3 had cars but not Sims 4" in which Grant answered "We haven't made them yet." which would be true for any content not finished. That reply in my opinion does not say its not being worked on just that there not in there since they were not made yet. Also I'm glad to see the community is finally speaking up on cars its been 4 years here I thought the wait on toddlers was bad for a game that is trying to force modern on everything it is beyond ridiculous our Sims do not have cars.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Over the years many fans have been called "dumb" because they want cars back. They still said it was impossible, discouraging many people from asking the Gurus about it. If you press EA, they might someday bring us that content back, just like they did with the terrain tools.
    Some content has not yet been released because it is still in development. Just because it's not the next content, does not mean it will never come again.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The base game gave us the criminal career and with GF where any career can make you famous, you could become a well known mob boss like Tony Soprano.

Yes! This is one of the reasons I'm excited about this new EP. But I was referring to a little more adrenaline and realism for the Criminal and Police careers.
    Wish list:
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • Options
    Tahabata wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Over the years many fans have been called "dumb" because they want cars back. They still said it was impossible, discouraging many people from asking the Gurus about it. If you press EA, they might someday bring us that content back, just like they did with the terrain tools.
    Some content has not yet been released because it is still in development. Just because it's not the next content, does not mean it will never come again.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Yes! This is one of the reasons I'm excited about this new EP. But I was referring to a little more adrenaline and realism for the Criminal and Police careers.

Have you been watching the Maxis Monthly? They created a family of thieves that steal and then sell those items in their shop. All profit. :D
    I have created two sims from a favorite movie, Ocean's 11, 12 and 13. Danny Ocean and Rusty Reynolds. They will be my thieves who steal from the rich and museums and sell the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 for profit.
  • Options
    Have you been watching the Maxis Monthly? They created a family of thieves that steal and then sell those items in their shop. All profit. :D
    I have created two sims from a favorite movie, Ocean's 11, 12 and 13. Danny Ocean and Rusty Reynolds. They will be my thieves who steal from the rich and museums and sell the plum for profit.

OMG. It's looks so funny! hahah

I had not seen it, thank you for sharing this. It is a good use of the "kleptomaniac" trait in this case. I wish they would use some more of this creativity to give us hot news.
    I would love to see more possibilities and interactions like these. As the friend quoted above, even "car thieves" is not impossible.
    Wish list:
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    I'd like to see burglar and cop NPCs, university and farming next.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    In general, I think they're giving us what we want the most to get the nagging out of the way. And from what I've seen on the forums, cars, university, magic and burglars HAVE to be on their radars by now. So I really really hope we get them next year, and the burglar a little sooner cause it's just one friggin NPC that deletes objects.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We'll certainly need more crime with a city full of celebrities!
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    We'll certainly need more crime with a city full of celebrities!

It would be fitting since the city is based on Los Angeles, which is notorious for its gangs and crime.
  • Options
    Maxis Monthly is all about a family that steals and sells the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in their shop. With GF, your sim in the criminal career can become a famous mob boss. I have already created a klepto sim that will rob rich celebrities when GF drops.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I was thinking the same thing @Dannydanbo about making a famous mob boss.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Honestly burglars should have come in GTW since there's policemen in the EP plus prisoners and criminals.

I hope we get an NPC patch in the near future with firemen, burglars, npc policemen, repoman etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    Hope they put them in stuff packs so we can opt out with out losing anything important as I see no point for either and would like the choice not to have them with out losing anything else. I detest the burglars and see no point in cars for these small lots and towns with out real roads - so

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    Honestly Cars would be cool but I dont heavily need them in sims 4. Its just an object connected to a click and a short animation.
    Like I said it would be cool but honestly It does not make the game better for me anyhow. I super did not care for cars in sims 2 either. Sims 3 was diffrent because I liked to follow my sims in their cars but without the free world I dont need cars.

Glad if it comes for those who crave them but I want the sim gurus to work on packs that influence highly on the gameplay. aka witches.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2018
    Honestly Cars would be cool but I dont heavily need them in sims 4. Its just an object connected to a click and a short animation.
    Like I said it would be cool but honestly It does not make the game better for me anyhow. I super did not care for cars in sims 2 either. Sims 3 was diffrent because I liked to follow my sims in their cars but without the free world I dont need cars.

Glad if it comes for those who crave them but I want the sim gurus to work on packs that influence highly on the gameplay. aka witches.

Same - I loved cars, bikes, motorcycles, hoovercraft - all that stuff in sims 3 and followed my sims all the time. Had no part of any of that in the rest of the sims really as I actually only liked it all in an open world with the average lot size at 40 x40 and plenty of room for a comfy house and nice garage. I really cannot see it in Sims 4 at all - when there are not even usable roads to get any animations at all and besides where will I get room to put a garage or even parking lot. I only use the lots that have no sims on them. I leave the ones alone where Sims live already - which is mostly the bigger lots.

I really detest fake cars - really - really. If I see it my sims should see it and react to it or I really don't want it in my game. The boat and trolley annoy me to pieces because they exist and my sims are oblivious to them.

Sigh - just see no point to it if it just decor..... Sims 1 I used to like the Makin Magic holes our sims could use to teleport places. Ar least we could place them where ever we wanted and use them.

Anyway be nice if it's optional for those of us that see them as rather useless and a waste of resources. I want things we can use - not pretend to use.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Hope they put them in stuff packs so we can opt out with out losing anything important as I see no point for either and would like the choice not to have them with out losing anything else. I detest the burglars and see no point in cars for these small lots and towns with out real roads - so

agree pointless to have cars without roads. we needs roads first. I still don't get why we don't have burglars with police active career. wish they patched it in already!!!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Maybe it's taking a while because they want to integrate theives with the cop career in Get To Work? After all, if you're a cop, you should be able to help.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Same - I loved cars, bikes, motorcycles, hoovercraft - all that stuff in sims 3 and followed my sims all the time. Had no part of any of that in the rest of the sims really as I actually only liked it all in an open world with the average lot size at 40 x40 and plenty of room for a comfy house and nice garage. I really cannot see it in Sims 4 at all - when there are not even usable roads to get any animations at all and besides where will I get room to put a garage or even parking lot. I only use the lots that have no sims on them. I leave the ones alone where Sims live already - which is mostly the bigger lots.

I really detest fake cars - really - really. If I see it my sims should see it and react to it or I really don't want it in my game. The boat and trolley annoy me to pieces because they exist and my sims are oblivious to them.

Sigh - just see no point to it if it just decor..... Sims 1 I used to like the Makin Magic holes our sims could use to teleport places. Ar least we could place them where ever we wanted and use them.

Anyway be nice if it's optional for those of us that see them as rather useless and a waste of resources. I want things we can use - not pretend to use.

I also hate fake cars a lot. If it is to make a fake garage with fake car just as decorative, I do not even waste my time doing it. This is one of the reasons why I want SO MUCH to make functional cars. Just to make sense of them in our gameplay and even take beautiful pictures for our stories.
    The only thing I do not want is sims teleporting and toy cars to a game in 2018. Some sandbox games can sometimes give me more immersion and realism than the sims 4 currently.

I think they will not stop making other types of content. Witches, mermaids, fairies or whatever ... I'm sure they will not miss the opportunity to make a supernatural package, as many fans ask.
    We had 2 expansions with much requested content this year. They are quick to give us news, we will probably still have farm and other gameplay as well. So do not discourage different ideas or content that many other fans want back. We still have time to have many other things.
    Wish list:
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • Options
    ScribScrib Posts: 37 Member
    edited October 2018
    Adding cars would not make sense as most of the streets are blocked off or have a dead end.
    KbhKf88.png