Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

***2nd choice*** for a sport or activity

CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
edited September 2018 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
When you've voted for your first choice in the other poll for a sport or activity, tell us your second choice.
Post edited by CorkysPetals on

***2nd choice*** for a sport or activity 76 votes

Acrobatics and Gymnastics
17%
LeGardePourpreManderMurduhCynnamock68taydevCinders27ayyitsmellannaliese39LittlBowBubtmcevoy1121comicsforlifepuderosasimsEvie0602 13 votes
Dance-Ballet-Ballroom-Couples
27%
aprilroseWritin_Regsimgirl1010mueller_liteFinvolalittlemissgogoInternal_ChaosshnailehJaysimsnessatay1920FanPhoriaBabySquareSaturn830takenbysheepsoko37ArcadiaLightbirdonawireGamingTweetyxXholicxX360DreamCytcher 21 votes
Hockey
3%
luthienrisingEnkiSchmidtlushlifesimly 3 votes
Kicky ball and Frisbee
2%
CorkysPetalsCeCeDot 2 votes
Parkour
2%
koneckiRememberJoy 2 votes
Pool/Snooker/Billiards
7%
TheStarHermitJkylb424MaggieMarleySigzy05vikixcthatsnotsweg 6 votes
Snowboarding or Skateboarding
15%
Bagoas77Jennyggashcrash19simmietimeCheekybitsAlbaWaterhousecatitude5ChadSims2Briana2425YardenroSihuSimsterLiv 12 votes
Soccer-Football
5%
davidp0418ccarrig_95Tanjuskajohnvincent0021 4 votes
Table Tennis
3%
Mellisenda2SjofnKaron 3 votes
Volleyball
13%
Nivyxbloodydarkangljcp011c2LatinaBunnyjoleacoFreezerBunnyCowplantpoltergeistTwilightSimmerkaneegaaKingdomHearts 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Lol for why? First choice wasn’t good enough?
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Kicky ball and Frisbee
    Because we can only vote for one thing in a poll. Lots of people say "I can't pick just one". This way you can vote your first choice for Soccer and your second choice for Snowboarding. :) Does that make sense? Besides, I think it's too late, I don't think we can delete our own polls.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    None of those. I'd rather see more instruments. Especially classic instruments like a flute.
  • Options
    TheStarHermitTheStarHermit Posts: 280 Member
    edited September 2018
    Pool/Snooker/Billiards
    None of those. I'd rather see more instruments. Especially classic instruments like a flute.

Absolutely, but voted for snooker/pool tables for this poll. :smile:
    "Get your facts first, then you can distort them as much as you please." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    Kicky ball and Frisbee

What an excellent idea for a new poll.

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Since I don't count dance as a sport, I'll have cricket as my second choice.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Kicky ball and Frisbee
    Movotti wrote: »

I did say sport OR activity. I may have to make another poll for all the things I missed like cricket, trampoline etc.
  • Options

I did say sport OR activity. I may have to make another poll for all the things I missed like cricket, trampoline etc.

There should be no 'or'
    You need a separate poll for activities, and there needs to be an option for no sports.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Volleyball
    Volleyball is the second sport for me. (Soccer/futbol is first for me.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Table Tennis
    My third choice is kickyball. ;)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Fitness - very much sportie

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Entertainment Like drama, singing, music.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Volleyball
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Entertainment Like drama, singing, music.

Technically.... I feel that all sports are a kind of entertainment as well.

I think Dance can be in the other category of performance arts, for sure.

But, depending on the type of dance, and how intense it is, I also feel that Dance can provide fitness as well. So I feel Dance can be BOTH a sport and entertainment.

Everyone’s got their opinons. This is one of those debates that can go on forever and depends on perspective, if googling “is Dance a sport?” is anything to go by.

So I don’t think there is a perfect right or wrong answer for this. I personally feel that some types of dance are a sort of fitness sport, not just entertainment. You can lose weight or gain some form of fitness with some more intense types of dancing.

ETA: Some types of dances also require some training as well, so I do feel some types of dances are like a type of performance sport.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
  • Options
    Kicky ball and Frisbee
    Off topic but what on Earth is kicky ball? The name makes me laugh!

Kicky Ball was in TS2 and TS3, the sims version of hacky sack

And now I have to defend Dance. Simmers who have taken classes or performed on stage with ballet, tap, waltz, lindy hop know that it takes a lot more athletic ability than bowling or billiards.

Besides, it's my poll.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Volleyball
    And now I have to defend Dance. Simmers who have taken classes or performed on stage with ballet, tap, waltz, lindy hop know that it takes a lot more athletic ability than bowling or billiards.

And Salsa, Bachata, and other similar dances as well. :smile: It’s definitely a workout when doing it for an extended time, lol!

(Edited to add: Being Latino, my family obviously casually taught me a few of these dances when I was young, for casual fun dancing.)
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Kicky ball and Frisbee

And Salsa, Bachata, and other similar dances as well. :smile:

Yes. And it's a fun way to burn off some calories!

• Options
    JaysimsJaysims Posts: 209 Member
    Tbh I’m torn between ballet and gymnastics.

I really would like to see how developers would pull off the animation for gymnastics!

I also would like soccer too.

And I could see teen sims skateboarding around Willow Creek.

Why can’t we just include all of it in a hobbies pack like the Sims 2: FreeTime?! :s
  • Options
    DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    And volleyball as the close third.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2018
    Acrobatics and Gymnastics
    It would be so cute to see kids learning gymnastics. It would be a pretty cool after-school and weekend activity. Also, like volleyball, we haven't seen much of gymnastics in the series either.

It would be great if there were different kinds of apparatus -- rings, balance beam, vault horse, uneven parallel bars...

There have been cheerleading outfits in every Sims game, it would be fantastic to finally be able to make use of them in a way that matters.

The problem with gymnastics, though, is that it requires so many animations for the gymnast as well as a spotter (in the beginning). Still, I dream of having activities like this in the game.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    edited September 2018
    I chose skateboarding for my first pick b/c I think it could be awesome to see sims skating around town (maybe as part of a university expansion??? heck yeah) but I think couples dancing is really important too. I always try to improvise a "first dance" type thing for my sims at their weddings but the mood is always killed when they start popping, dropping and locking it on the dance floor.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Volleyball
    my third choice is gymnastics.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Snowboarding or Skateboarding
    Skateboarding gets my second vote since surfing is not listed.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Kicky ball and Frisbee
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Skateboarding gets my second vote since surfing is not listed.

I forgot about surfing. I wasn't %100 happy with the TS3 version, although I suppose it couldn't have been treated like sailboarding was. You can't really have surfers traveling long distance between islands.
  • Options
    If dance was to be added, I'd rather swing-dance than ballet.