Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Book club - Open for nominations

Comments

• Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    I hope that everyone is having fun with Fangs and enjoying the questions and everyone’s answers?

I’ll try and come up with a few more before the weekend, but until then, does anyone have any questions for @LadyLobster ? Or does LadyLobster have any questions for the readers?
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I have a question.... I love the many different supernaturals you have incorporated. (Even more of them in subsequent generations) Where do you get your inspiration for the lore around them. Some seems like urban legend type of stuff and other seems like maybe it came from straight your imagination and you meshed the two quite well.
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Moment that made YOU laugh the most, @LadyLobster. ;)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @AudreyFld <3<3 Thank you!!

And hmm, that's a good question. Before I wrote Fangs, I'd always written more "traditional" fantasy, so a modern fantasy/supernatural story was a new thing for me. The inspiration for my supernaturals was definitely a combination of things--I'd always liked reading the not-so-nice interpretations of fairies in folklore, rather than the sparkly Tinkerbell-esque type stuff. Of course, mine still love flowers, LOL.

Funnily enough, I'd never really been diehard fan of vampires, but I started playing TS4 right when the Vampires pack came out and was so excited for anything supernatural. Sometimes, I actually just go by game mechanics, like how Sims vampires can have babies and how "hybrid" kids are either/or, not a blend. That's actually something I regret--if I'd known that new supernatural types weren't on the horizon and that I'd be open to downloading a boatload of cc, I would've made some weird fanged, winged babies. ;)

@InfraGreen The moment from my avatar, of course. ;) Or Byron's chapter that ended with the sirens...

@Munterbacon I'll try to think of a question!! You're doing such an awesome job though. <3

uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    @LadyLobster: I was expecting that answer but wanted to make sure. ;) I'd share mine but it's not a forum-appropriate moment.
    That being said about hybrids, I feel like brooding, moody Griffin is about as close to a vampire/fae hybrid as you can get, lol

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    @InfraGreen He's exactly who I was thinking of when I mentioned a hybrid. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Happy Timezones all! :blush:

It's round three for question time!!!

For the Readers:

1. Who were your ships during this first generation? If they didn't work out, were you happy with the result anyway, or did you need to drown your sorrows? (Spoiler tag this one perhaps, just in case.)

2. What is your favourite scene? (Spoiler tag this one too.)

For @LadyLobster :

1. I actually know people in real life that share similarities to the characters in Fangs. Someone that is almost a carbon-copy of Byron minus the whole Vampire thing, someone that shares a LOT of similarities to Graham (funnily enough, called Graeme - he may actually be a Vampire though) and someone that has a few of Bianca's traits... Were there any influences from real life that went into your characters, or were they all just brainchild's of yours?

2. What was your overall favourite scene? (Spoiler tag this one too.)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Ooh, round three!

For @LadyLobster :

1. I actually know people in real life that share similarities to the characters in Fangs. Someone that is almost a carbon-copy of Byron minus the whole Vampire thing, someone that shares a LOT of similarities to Graham (funnily enough, called Graeme - he may actually be a Vampire though) and someone that has a few of Bianca's traits... Were there any influences from real life that went into your characters, or were they all just brainchild's of yours?

I love that you actually know people who remind you of the Fangs gang! LOL. I wish I could say the same, actually.

Byron was actually inspired by a thread asking what kind of vampires people would make once the pack came out. I'd jokingly said I'd make a comedian who only told vampire puns, but had no real intention of doing so.

...You can see how that turned out. But I think we all have at least bits and pieces of us in our characters--I try to avoid putting too much of myself in any one them for multiple reasons, but I can relate to Byron's failed creative pursuits (if only I had his optimism!) and Bianca's brattiness/overbearing older sister-ness, along with Penny's love of junk food (wish I had Lysander's neatness trait though) and even Isla's cold facade.

Can I say the scene from my avatar again? ;) Nah, it probably had to be one of the many
    fairy world scenes
    , if only for the sheer amount of work I put into them. So much time spent on the gallery and downloading cc and styling sims... But I really felt like it was worth it in the end!
    Post edited by LadyLobster on
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Ooh, round three!

For @LadyLobster :

I love that you actually know people who remind you of the Fangs gang! LOL. I wish I could say the same, actually.

Byron was actually inspired by a thread asking what kind of vampires people would make once the pack came out. I'd jokingly said I'd make a comedian who only told vampire puns, but had no real intention of doing so.

...You can see how that turned out. But I think we all have at least bits and pieces of us in our characters--I try to avoid putting too much of myself in any one them for multiple reasons, but I can relate to Byron's failed creative pursuits (if only I had his optimism!) and Bianca's brattiness/overbearing older sister-ness, along with Penny's love of junk food (wish I had Lysander's neatness trait though) and even Isla's cold facade.

Can I say the scene from my avatar again? ;) Nah, it probably had to be one of the many
    fairy world scenes
    , if only for the sheer amount of work I put into them. So much time spent on the gallery and downloading cc and styling sims... But I really felt like it was worth it in the end!

It showed and I loooved those scenes! <3
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    1. Who were your ships during this first generation? If they didn't work out, were you happy with the result anyway, or did you need to drown your sorrows? (Spoiler tag this one perhaps, just in case.)

Penny and Byron and Bianca and Lysander
    I was totally dying through the whole thing and laughing at the same time for Byron and Penny to finally hit a homer. It was so worth the wait! We wouldn’t have had all the hysterical moments with Byron otherwise. And Bianca and Lysander....it was just as painful. Although for a split second I wanted her to get with Graham. Glad it worked out how it did. But again, a funny and painful amount of denial on Bianca’s part, especially when she was pregnant and in denial!

All of them! Lol.
  • Options
    @AudreyFld <3<3 I'm glad you liked those scenes! And those ships, rofl.

I always worry about
    a couple getting together draining the story of romantic tension, so I hoped the pregnancy would add some back. LOL.

Your #2 was a very flattering response. ;) I'll take it!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member

Mine were the same as @AudreyFld.
    I loved Byron and Penny together! They evened each other out so nice. And Lysander and Bianca together was very refreshing. Bianca and her denial and Lysander just taking it all in stride. :)
    Oh who am I kidding. I loved all of them!! <3

Had to have been
    chapters 30, 42 and 58!
    Now what does that say about me?! :scream:
  • Options
    @haswh I had to go back and check which chapters those were. Oh my! :o;) I heartily approve of your choices, of course.

And aww, I love your reasoning for those two ships. <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    I liked Lysander and Bianca fast but Bianca x Thad and Bianca x Vilhemina were unlikely ships I held on hope for four too long!

As it turns out I like in-law ships as much as gay ones. :grimace:

I agree with Lobster's picks, both of them. ;)
    In fact Chapter 24 still remains my standard for a great dream sequence. Well, "dream" :tongue:

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    @InfraGreen Ahhh, it was a simpler time then, when everyone wasn't everyone else's in-laws.

And thank you for the compliment on that chapter!! OMG, it took forever...
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    i knew i would miss at least the first one,

and i did but i did enjoy lurking about making a pest of myself. i'm the oldest so that didn't happen a lot growing up. but i did get more attention cause of my medical issues.

when i get glasses i'll go back and read fangs. because i know its a good read because the title is clever.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 Hope the story lives up to the title. ;) Glad you enjoyed lurking!

Thank you so much to @Munterbacon for hosting, and thank you to everyone else who participated! <3<3 I had a really fun time and it was so nice to remember my first Sims story.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hey everyone. :)

Tomorrow begins a new week for the "Tasty Read" and I am super excited that it will be featuring my story. :blush:
    Thank you again @Acarb90 for the nomination. <3

My Sam Beckett Story can be found HERE at my blog. :)

If you've seen the TV show Quantum Leap (back in the early 90's) prepare for a refresher and if you haven't ever seen it, I am honored to introduce you to one of the greatest "feel good" TV shows ever made. :blush:
    I hope you will enjoy this story as much as I've enjoyed writing it for the past 2 years and I can't wait to hear from you about it! Ask me anything! :mrgreen:

The story does begin a little slow...but then it just keeps getting better and more involved.
    (I didn't learn how to break up chapters into individual pages until Chapter 56......whoops! :p But you will see all the numbered chapters below to click on, and will be directed to Chapter 56 and the other chapters when the time comes.)

Enjoy! :smiley:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    I was happy with all the ships that sailed in this gen, although at one point I thought that a Graham and Daya ship would've been quite hilarious!
    I have to agree about the Fae scenes. My favourite was the one where both Lysander and Penny are down there, and they had to choose their way.

Thank you so much to @Munterbacon for hosting, and thank you to everyone else who participated! <3<3 I had a really fun time and it was so nice to remember my first Sims story.

It has been an honour and a privilege my dear friend! I'm glad that you enjoyed it and from what I can tell, help introduce a few new Fangers! :D

Thank you to all that participated, whether it was through answering questions, posting raccoon stuff and jokes, or just providing support, you're all super stars!

The spotlight on Fangs is waning guys, soon, we'll be moving on to the Tasty Read, so if you have any last things to ask/say, please do so.

raccoonbiker.gif

dustshaela.jpg
  • Options
    @Munterbacon OMG, I'm not sure if I adore or am terrified by that ship. ...That's a lot of Fangs ships, actually.
    I'm glad that you enjoyed it and from what I can tell, help introduce a few new Fangers! :D

That was part of what I loved the most! I know the number of chapters/stories can be intimidating, so it was so great to meet new people this way. <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @Munterbacon OMG, I'm not sure if I adore or am terrified by that ship. ...That's a lot of Fangs ships, actually.
    I'm glad that you enjoyed it and from what I can tell, help introduce a few new Fangers! :D

That was part of what I loved the most! I know the number of chapters/stories can be intimidating, so it was so great to meet new people this way. <3

just don't bite each other. i haven't read it but i assume its about vampires based on the title. :)
  • Options

A little bit of both perhaps? :smirk:

I know what you mean! I feel that if people see something over 100 chapters long (like my own story), it freaks them out a little bit and look for something new instead. There are lots of great new stories popping up all the time but I'm glad that I didn't miss this gem by skipping over it.

just don't bite each other. i haven't read it but i assume its about vampires based on the title. :)

BINGO! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
  • Options

I know what you mean! I feel that if people see something over 100 chapters long (like my own story), it freaks them out a little bit and look for something new instead. There are lots of great new stories popping up all the time but I'm glad that I didn't miss this gem by skipping over it.

ack munters watching me. lol. ilove your avis but some take getting used too.

bingo to which part don't bite each other or the vampire comment.
  • Options

The vampires part... But the not biting part is a good one to! ;)

This avi is only for Halloween, so it'll change in November :)
    dustshaela.jpg
  • Options

The vampires part... But the not biting part is a good one to! ;)

This avi is only for Halloween, so it'll change in November :)

oh i know its for halloween. its clever. and a little less scary than the orange one i never did figure out what that was.