Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is your engagement since Quarterly Teasers have stopped?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    More engaged, I like not knowing until right before something drops.
    It doesn't bother me that we don't have the teasers. Less disruption in the community when they're not getting upset over hyperactive imaginations that aren't realistically going to be in the game.

Take the recent update with the fan, sliding doors, and tropical deco. Now people think a tropical pack is coming, when we have no reason to think that's actually the case. So when the next pack comes out, and it's inevitably NOT tropical in nature, there's going to be a round of 'devs are doing it wrong/misleading us' blah blah all over again.

The closer the release of a pack is to the announcement of it a few days, maybe a week before, the better. The longer that distance is, the worse it gets around here, unfortunately.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Less engaged, the teasers kept me in the loop even during gaps of content, so I always feel the game is current while playing.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    The little nine second teaser seemed to cause more arguments than answer questions and at the end of it, we still had no real idea what the next pack was themed. So really, they were worthless.

In my opinion, something is better than nothing so they were not worthless to me.

As far as giving out any real information is concerned, they are worthless. And they caused a lot of heated issues which is probably why they stopped them. As usual, we took something fun and kicked it until it was dead.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,409 Member
    Less engaged, the teasers kept me in the loop even during gaps of content, so I always feel the game is current while playing.
    I have the impression that we haven't got any information in ages. Is TS4 still alive?
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The little nine second teaser seemed to cause more arguments than answer questions and at the end of it, we still had no real idea what the next pack was themed. So really, they were worthless.

In my opinion, something is better than nothing so they were not worthless to me.

As far as giving out any real information is concerned, they are worthless. And they caused a lot of heated issues which is probably why they stopped them. As usual, we took something fun and kicked it until it was dead.

SimGuruKate explains why teasers were dropped and won't be coming back any time soon in Announcements/The Sims 4 Latest News/Update On Quarterly Teasers.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I don’t understand what engagement means in this context. Like, is it chatting on the forums, or playing the Sims 4 game?

I’m still playing Sims 4 and am still enjoying it despite losing the teasers. I got toddlers and Seasons, which were the major stuff I was waiting for for a while. :blush:

I’m really curious on what’s going to come up next! :smile: But I’m still playing and enjoying Sims 4. And I’m still talking a bit on the forums.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

No news is good news.
    Haven't you ever herd that?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

No news is good news.

No I haven’t heard that. No news is no news. Nothing particularly good or bad about nothing, its just nothing.

I have heard “something is better than nothing” which doesn’t fit the situation as we are getting nothing versus something.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We are hardly getting nothing. They have begun the three LS a month, two Guru Garages (one last month. two still to come this month) and one Maxis Monthly (at the end of the month).

The new system is in place and has begun. Now, we just need to see if it helps or not.
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Less engaged, speculating before an official announcement is part of the Sims experience.
    They broke off the engagement and left me crying at the alter. :'(

Well if they broke off the engagement, you wouldn't be getting married so how would you be left at the altar?

I'm asking the real questions here.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    We are hardly getting nothing. They have begun the three LS a month, two Guru Garages (one last month. two still to come this month) and one Maxis Monthly (at the end of the month).

The new system is in place and has begun. Now, we just need to see if it helps or not.

I’m anticipating the Maxis Monthly pretty much. I’m curious how they would go about teasing any upcoming content in that Monthly thing. I hope there are a few good hints.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options

SimGuruKate explains why teasers were dropped and won't be coming back any time soon in Announcements/The Sims 4 Latest News/Update On Quarterly Teasers.

And your point is?? It still doesn't change my opinion on the matter. If there is nothing coming during a quarter, just say nothing this quarter.
  • Options

Now that is worthless in my opinion considering they should be fixing bugs and working on new content instead of playing the game for us to watch. There are plenty of regular simmers on youtube doing that very thing.
  • Options

No news is good news.

Not in the gaming world.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Less engaged, speculating before an official announcement is part of the Sims experience.

No news is good news.

That might work for trials, when the jury is still out, it means someone is having a problem convicting. But it won't work when someone is missing, because the longer it goes without any news, then the news is probably going to be bad. Yes, I've heard it all my life, but it's flawed.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    More engaged, I like not knowing until right before something drops.
    I guess I like being surprised, hahaha! But I'd love to see some content being released soon. It seems like a century has passed since the Seasons EP was released. I'm not the biggest fan of the livestreams, but I guess I don't miss the teasers a whole lot because it keeps more excited for what's to come and I keep trying to guess what would be the next cool thing!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member

I call that nothing I want news not to watch the Gurus play the game as mean girls.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I enjoyed being able to plan ahead for the quarter, it was quite useful. I can't make money suddenly emerge at a will, especially while in the dark.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I enjoyed being able to plan ahead for the quarter, it was quite useful. I can't make money suddenly emerge at a will, especially while in the dark.

The quarterly teasers never told us anything. I don't get that at all. In fact not since mid Sims 2 did they give us advance notice of what was coming - to be honest. The former CEO stopped all that way back in 2006 or 2007.

The teasers we had less than 2 years and they really showed nothing. So I cannot for the life of me see what difference those teasers made.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited September 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

The quarterly teasers never told us anything. I don't get that at all. In fact not since mid Sims 2 did they give us advance notice of what was coming - to be honest. The former CEO stopped all that way back in 2006 or 2007.

The teasers we had less than 2 years and they really showed nothing. So I cannot for the life of me see what difference those teasers made.

Of course it did! I knew exactly how much money I'd spend in the next few months. Well, I wasn't around for the TS3 era, then I came back shortly before Drake's reigning, I mean, I'm spoiled.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

You may think it was nothing but I thought it was something. As for advance notice, we knew for months that boats were coming for Sims 3. Everyone remembers that pic of the sim in the boat during that live stream. That was like 6 months before the pack came out. We know they are not allowed to tell us the exact pack. I am asking for a tease of what is coming. I just don't feel like I am asking for much.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    According to the front page of this poll, 87% of those who answered are less engaged one way or another.