Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How is your engagement since Quarterly Teasers have stopped?

Comments

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited August 2018
    Less engaged, the teasers kept me in the loop even during gaps of content, so I always feel the game is current while playing.
    I am less engaged. I am not a fan of the livestreams because they are not telling me anything new. The patch actually came out before the livestream so there was no need to really bother watching. I could go into game and experience the new content myself.

I am very grateful for the free content but I liked the quarter teasers because I had an idea of what was on the horizon. These livestreams tell me no more than what was documented in the patch notes so it really doesn't help with communication for me personally.

EDIT:

I really could have gone with the speculation being part of the sims experience as well. It was fun getting the teaser and then trying to figure what the pack was all about. I like knowing. I remember during a livestream in Sims 3 we found out about Sims getting boats. We spent months on the forums talking about it with excitement.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    You are missing an answer OP - as none of those is my answer - and my answer is no change - Whether or not there were teasers - did not influence my play at all. I have played Sims since they existed - and we only had the teaser for less than 2 years - they never changed anything before nor anything after they stopped. But you need an answer like No Affect - as that would be my answer.
    This. I must confess I’m a bit startled by this poll even. I genuinely don't understand how this works, the amount of engagement depending on being teased. The Sims 2 and 3 sections prove daily simmers really don’t need to be teased or tickled to remain engaged.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Less engaged, speculating before an official announcement is part of the Sims experience.
    vikixc wrote: »
    I don't think the streams are providing much information, if any at all, when all they say is: "we have something coming soon!" I also don't need a livestream for them to show me what recoloured shirt or chair they have added - I don't particularly like being kept in the dark and I think they are completely unnecessary.
    I don't really want to watch the Sims Team playing the game and repeating: "More coming soon, more coming in the future!"

I really wish they would start addressing what fixes they are working on just for peace of mind, right now my game is so messed up I can't even play. So tonight it will be anothother case of:
    1. Update game
    2. Open game whilst silently begging for it to be fixed
    3. Play for a few minutes, realise it is still lagging and bugged
    4. Swear and curse
    5. Close game, wait for next patch

SICK - OF - IT

My thoughts exactly!
  • vikixcvikixc Posts: 330 Member
    edited August 2018
    Less engaged, the teasers kept me in the loop even during gaps of content, so I always feel the game is current while playing.
    vikixc wrote: »
    I don't think the streams are providing much information, if any at all, when all they say is: "we have something coming soon!" I also don't need a livestream for them to show me what recoloured shirt or chair they have added - I don't particularly like being kept in the dark and I think they are completely unnecessary.
    I don't really want to watch the Sims Team playing the game and repeating: "More coming soon, more coming in the future!"

I really wish they would start addressing what fixes they are working on just for peace of mind, right now my game is so messed up I can't even play. So tonight it will be anothother case of:
    1. Update game
    2. Open game whilst silently begging for it to be fixed
    3. Play for a few minutes, realise it is still lagging and bugged
    4. Swear and curse
    5. Close game, wait for next patch

SICK - OF - IT

I must be psychic because this patch didn't fix the mess that Seasons created nor any of my issues for that matter.

I shall predict that the next patch will be the same. :weary:

I wish I could get my money back for this. I paid, they are not providing me with what I have paid for, I have done everything I can do to fix this "game" lag-fest, so what do I do now? A blood sacrifice?

I have actually paid to be ignored and I am not the only one.

Maybe the next pack should be called "Ignore Our Customers Stuff Pack." Where they just implement loads of bugs and recolour some pre existing objects, not tell you when/if the bugs will ever be fixed and just have your Sims post on: Answer HQ leaving them with a dazed/angry moodlet.

I want half of your profit for this idea EA :smile:
    2UFyFUV.png

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Exactly the same.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Actually it's a mix of the two "less engaged" answers plus the fact that I've been very busy lately. But earlier I've managed to find time for reading the forums every day even though I'm busy. Lately there haven't been that much of interest to read on here - the speculation is all very vague and far-fetched when we have nothing to go by.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'm with the no difference people - which is what I would vote for. Honestly this year has been so great with C&D at the end of last (BB <3), Jungle Adventure, and SEASONS (sorry, the excitement still hasn't really worn off), and now the Caribbean update & the gallery update (I actually like it this way). On the one hand, teasers were awesome because you knew what was coming and could speculate. On the other hand, now content can drop on us pretty much any time. And I think that means when something is done sooner they can drop it sooner - since before if they had thought it would've taken them longer, I guess they wouldn't have put it in the teaser and waited a quarter. Maybe that barely ever happens but whatever. I love the game right now, I have pets, I have a nice parenting system, two fun vacation destinations, vampires, functional restaurants, many jobs, and above all else, seasons. So I'm pleased :) hence I'm neither more nor less engaged. But I'm happier than ever with the game itself.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Less engaged, speculating before an official announcement is part of the Sims experience.
    It's less than it has been the last year. But then again we also got the three things I was wanting most this past year - pets (well the ones I was most wanting) Washers/dryers and seasons. So then again my interest might have waned some anyways.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • OtherMotherOtherMother Posts: 7 New Member
    Teasers definitely keep me more engaged, as they give me something to look forward to, which in turn motivates me to commit to my story lines and create really complex and dynamic characters. Without teasers, I can lose interest in my Sims and their families a little more quickly (but that may just be me!)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    We can't answer "No different?" I mean, it's not like we always had quarterly teasers. My engagement level did not change when they were introduced, and it did not change when they were cut. Honestly never cared about them one way or another. If anything, the community speculation got annoying.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    Less engaged and less playing the game. I have a hearing disability so I don't watch the live streams. I don't want to play the game until I know what's coming.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    We can't answer "No different?" I mean, it's not like we always had quarterly teasers. My engagement level did not change when they were introduced, and it did not change when they were cut. Honestly never cared about them one way or another. If anything, the community speculation got annoying.

Precisely this. So agree.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Less, for sure. I was so excited for Seasons but since these changes have happened my interest in the game has fallen dramatically. I would rather have a quick little teaser to have an idea of what's coming up. I have no interest in sitting through all these livestreams. The devs won't be able to tell us anything no matter what platform they are on so they might as well stick to Twitter.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    More engaged, I like not knowing until right before something drops.
    90% of the times I was dissapointed with the teasers because they were just showing stuff packs.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Less engaged and less playing the game. I have a hearing disability so I don't watch the live streams. I don't want to play the game until I know what's coming.

Forgive me, I don't want to put you on the spot, but I do always wonder when I read this: why don't you want to play with what you have unless you know what you'll have next? :/
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    I miss the leaks more than the quarterly teasers.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Less engaged there is just nothing to talk about now without teasers or leaks of information I just find myself losing interest. I don't care to watch Guru's (or anyone for that matter) play a game so the Twitch streams they switched to do nothing for me. Why their goal was to get people to stop talking about future content I will never understand.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Forgive me, I don't want to put you on the spot, but I do always wonder when I read this: why don't you want to play with what you have unless you know what you'll have next? :/

Every time I have my sim talk to someone she learns the comedy skill and I don't like that skill being something my sim knows. She can't talk to anyone which cuts out a lot of game play. Seasons took away the need to wait for the neighborhood plants to grow to harvest stage. Now some don't even grow until later in the year. I don't want to age my sim up to adult so she can't complete the cooking, mixing drinks, or any other aspiration that needs an adult to complete. So more game play is cut out. I can't play with pets because I have the cat litter box bug. I can't play in the world cat and dogs came with because of all the animals in the neighborhood suffering.

So in my games, I build houses. With only one style of stairs I tend to build single story houses because the stairs take up too much room. There's only so many ways you can build single story houses, and I've built them all.

If I knew there was a carnival, farm, or resort pack coming, I could build with that in mind and learn the skills I think she'll need to know. If I knew that there was a steampunk stuff pack coming, I could build with that in mind and plan a personality for my sim in the skills she would learn.

That's my reasons, other people will have different reasons but the above are mine.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I must say I miss the teasers. They gave us just enough information to whet our appetites and have a little bit of concrete information to stew over. However, I also must say it was amazing the day the team just dropped that Seasons trailer and a month later we were playing it! After a little thought I prefer if they dropped a full length trailer and only had a month at most wait for the release of that trailer's content!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I didn’t vote. I’m at the same level. I’m enjoying Seasons and my other packs I’ve bought recently (Parenthood, etc). :)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    edited August 2018
    I feel less engaged just in the sense of 'has any dang idea what is going on with this game.' I still play plenty, and I understand they don't feel like they can lay out roadmaps of TEH FUTURE like some games do, but ... I don't know. I really prefer looking forward to and speculating about something I know is coming in a few months than SURPRISE, <THING> IN A WEEK or whatever.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Less. But I do have to add, not that less really... It's just that I've gotten used to speculate with other simmers about upcoming content and events based on trailers.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

There is such a thing as staying in General and out of speculation, and then no one has to be annoyed. If the dog bites, you walk around it the other way. :) I'm less engaged with TS4, OP, because yeah, if I don't see anything coming down the pike that would make me want to play again, no need for me to be over here much.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    The excitement behind the teasers helped me map out where I wanted to take my sims stories. As a legacy player, I like to build up from children so they can fully enjoy what they will be doing for their adulthood.
    The lack of teasers brings me to the forums less, and even though I got a Twitter account to pay attention to Sims news, I dont even use it anymore because they dont really provide much news. I dont have any interest in watching the guru garage; I'd rather the developers be developing than playing the game. The tweeting they do is often about gamechangers and little contests. I dont really consider that news on the game itself.
    I miss the speculation that teasers provided. Even in Sims 2 and 3, we were teased with little pamphlets about future packs.
    As someone who is not naturally a social person, losing the teasers made me feel less involved in the Sims community as a whole, and that's a bummer.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    More engaged, I like not knowing until right before something drops.
    I think I may have misunderstood the question. I thought the question was referring to game engagement not forum engagement. There's been no difference in my forum engagement because there are always interesting game-play threads to read and participate in, always someone trying out a pack for the first time and sharing their experiences with the game. Also the Creative Corner is chock full of wonderfully creative builders and storytellers. Always something to see there.