Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build and Design Challenge - Floor Plan - Feb posted!!

Comments

• Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow 💗
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited February 2019
    I haven't entered a build here before so hopefully I get the entry form right. It looked interesting this round and I had some time to spare. :)

Entry Form
    House Name: "68th Street" (built on "Old Salt House" lot in San Myshuno)
    Total Cost Furnished: In Gallery $296,230 plus lot cost (unsure of lot cost)
    Lot Size: 30 x 30
    Origin ID: sawdust123
    Gallery name of Lot: 68th Street
    Photos

I went with blue and gold (or as close to gold as I could find) to go with the black. (the colours come from the rug in the living room)

lxmtVDC.png
    FbRt9SL.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The exterior design and the interior furnishing of 68th street looks great! @sawdust :) Each of the areas of the build are furnished very well! Very nice blue and gold colours that you have used through the build. The brick wall texture used in some of the rooms gives a great look. Very nice design of the bedrooms ! It looks very nice how you have used the blue and gold colours there. The rooftop level is very nice! Very nice hot tub pergola! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. Very nice outdoors dining area for them to enjoy cooking on the bbq and enjoy eating the meal at the table in the outdoors air. Very nice gardening nook! Sims will enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes and doing flower arranging on the arrangement table. The sofa seat sitting nook is very nice! Sims will have very nice views as they are sitting there having a drink from the drinks tray!
    It is a very nice modern townhouse build! :)
  • Options
    DesignasimDesignasim Posts: 87 Member
    @sawdust Very lovely home I like the basketball court, spa clean up, screening room, bar and butlers pantry and kitchenette for movie snacks are really nice touches that a house like this would have. Did you use a wall lamp as a shower head for the spa clean up? And where did those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 from?

@AlJay I really like the kitchen with exposed brick, the snack bar in the media room. The laundry room looks very nice when I saw the first picture with out the wash/dryer I thought it was a bathroom. You have a very lovely sauna much nicer then the one I put in my build, I don't have spa day so I just used outdoor chairs. The little kitchenette for a caffeine refuel is really fun and would be good for in the morning or when working on a new movie script so you don't have to go all the way the the kitchen. I like that you labeled the rooms on your floor plan. The empty house next door for someone to decorate is a nice touch.
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Designasim wrote: »
    @sawdust Very lovely home I like the basketball court, spa clean up, screening room, bar and butlers pantry and kitchenette for movie snacks are really nice touches that a house like this would have. Did you use a wall lamp as a shower head for the spa clean up? And where did those plum from?

Yes the shower head is a lamp (outdoor one I think) and the taps are shrunken wall fixings that came in the Get to Work pack. Can't remember what they're called, part of the pipe fixings.
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you @Designasim :) Spa day is my favorite expansion pack (apart from laundry day) so many goodies in there!
  • Options
    @AlJay Spa Day or Jungle Adventure is going to be the next one I get. I just started playing at the beginning of last month, and only have Vintage Glamour so far because that was my favorite.
  • Options
    HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member

ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: MACDesign
    ORIGIN ID: MAC-DESIGN
    LOT: Dusty Turf, Oasis Springs, 40X30
    LOT NAME: Desert Complex
    GALLERY COST: 294,126
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Full Album

ENTRY DETAILS: First time submitter here! Not entirely sure if we are to remodel this floor plan, or replicate it to our best ability- I did the second one though. Gave it my best with this black and white desert complex, featuring three floors & a roof top garden, all with pops of either pink or orange throughout. Redesigned the main entrance to the road front end of the library on the first floor, and redesigned the third kitchenette into a main kitchen & dinning space. Enjoy!

gahGoge.png
  • Options
    Desert complex is a very nice build! @MACDesign :) You have reflected the floor plan very well! The black and white colour scheme, with touches of pink and orange is very nice! Very nice furnishing of each of the rooms and areas! It is great that there are gym and massage areas. Very nice furnishing and use of the colours in the bedrooms! The black and orange/gold bedroom looks very elegant! Very nice sofa seat sitting and tv watching area in the bedroom. The rooftop garden area is very nice! Sims will enjoy playing chess there, or sitting resting on the sofa or armchairs having a chat in the sunshine. They will also cooking meals on the bbq and eating the food there.Very nice bar area for the Sims to enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar in the outdoors air. The overhead string lights are very pretty! Nice gardening nook for the Sims to enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes
    It is a very detailed and very nice home! :)
  • Options
    @sawdust thank you for the answer! It was very creative of you to do that.
  • Options
    My build won't show up in the gallery, but I'll try later or tomorrow.
  • Options
    Designasim wrote: »
    My build won't show up in the gallery, but I'll try later or tomorrow.

Hello @Designasim
    If the build is classed as having cc in it, then it won’t show up on the website version of the Gallery. Try checking to see if the game classes it as having cc.
  • Options
    @rosemow It didn't have CC, but was in the gallery when I checked a few hours later. I don't know what happened because when I saved/uploaded it it wasn't in my library or gallery but the I could find it in my notification panel.
  • Options
    @rosemow I just went to go get it and it's not there I can find it my showcase and news section, but not in my library, catalog, or when I search the name in gallery. I downloaded it to a new lot and doing the same thing. I tried just uploaded a room in a new lot and it's there. Does this mean I have CC? I did download some picture/painting from the gallery, but if they are on the gallery they should be CC ??

foHJeDo.png
    5vkJHxR.png
    L5CkWe2.png
    XCaykYE.png
    Y8pMRWm.png

• Options
    Hello @Designasim
    It is listed as having cc. If you tick the box that says “ include cc” then it will show up in your library. It has the wrench symbol, which means it is classed as having cc.

If you use mods/cc, items can be classed as having cc even if you don’t use it for the particular creation,
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then load the game, and try to upload your home, and see if the wrench symbol disappears.
  • Options
    StrongbumblebeeStrongbumblebee Posts: 65 Member
    I love these all so much!! You guys did an amazing job! We have some excellent builders among us!!

I didn't get a chance to participate this time, however, hopefully, I will next time. Between school, and yet another surgery on my teenager, these past couple weeks have been crazy! I'm in awe over the building skills we have here!!

Are you guys ready for the next floorplan!? I'm uploading it now!
    Cristi - Sim fan for many years

Check out my first ever challenge!

Builder, Simmer, and Challenge lover!
  • Options
    Thank You @rosemow I deleted the files but it still had a wrench symbol, so I decided to try and delete all the stuff I downloaded again and realize I missed a tiny painting.
  • Options
    StrongbumblebeeStrongbumblebee Posts: 65 Member
    This week you've been tasked with designing a home for a young couple and their baby!!

They need at least 1 room to be a nursery, the other can be a spare room, an office, or a studio that's your choice!

They require a Spanish style theme in their decorating and their home building style.

You are free to leave the garage off, keep it on, or change it into something else.

They love the desert atmosphere and the stucco/adobe style building that the Spanish style brings. They would love to see this theme throughout.

kJX9aar.gif

This week will run through the end of February!

Cristi - Sim fan for many years

Check out my first ever challenge!

Builder, Simmer, and Challenge lover!
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Ohhhhh! That’s how to get rid of the dreaded blue wrench when it is being stubbornly persistent. Good thing the simming world has @rosemow ;-) I had quit using tray for cover images entirely. I may give it another go by deselecting cc. Clearing the cache and seeing if the no cc build with custom cover image will upload cc free.
  • Options
    Thanks @Strongbumblebee I like your low key definition of “week”

This week will run through the end of February!

Giving more time helps give people a chance to build and present something.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Ohhhhh! That’s how to get rid of the dreaded blue wrench when it is being stubbornly persistent. Good thing the simming world has @rosemow ;-) I had quit using tray for cover images entirely. I may give it another go by deselecting cc. Clearing the cache and seeing if the no cc build with custom cover image will upload cc free.

Hello @JojoMOMSTER
    Custom cover pictures will still show as cc. What I posted is only for NOCC creations without custom cover pictures.
  • Options
    Thank you for the clarification @rosemow
  • Options
    FORUM ID: Designasim
    ORIGIN ID: Designasim will also show up as OOASID I changed my name and it will appear as one of them.
    LOT: NYC Actor's Townhouse https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/13558D2F33AC11E9866F048C513C46C4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=designasim&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT Size: 40x30
    GALLERY COST: 326,250
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/dk5vyRd
    ENTRY DETAILS: I went with Red and Yellow as my colours.

Sorry that I'm late to this again, I was having trouble uploading the other day, and yesterday the day just got away from me. Please also excuse my writing/spelling/grammar.

Restate style listing for this house. (I know they are not selling just thought it would be a fun way to describe the house)
    A Stunning 3 floor elevator townhouse with rooftop patio. Enter on the ground floor. First floor include a full kitchen with under the stairs breakfast nook, Asian themed dining room, bar, library, living area, 1/2 bath, two hall closets, balcony and painting room. Second floor has bedroom with en suite bathroom and walk in closet, Gym, sauna, yoga room, extra full bathroom, office, patio and two hall closets. Third floor has a bedroom with with his and her bathroom a walk in closet and a balcony, office, guest bedroom, guest bathroom and hallway water feature. The roof top patio in includes BBQ, dinning and sitting areas and a Victorian potted garden.

@Strongbumblebee Said that The first two floors were stores so I tried to include that into my build, but seeing that you can only build 4 high I have a ground floor store and a basement for the store levels. I thought that one of the actors or couples could own the store, a coffee shop or home goods store like so many celebrities seem the have nowadays, and maybe they could have a movie theater to screen vintage movies or a single bowling lane in the basement. I thought this would be a fun way for the actors saying the actor's didn't live there if anyone saw them going in. (they could just say that they were going to the store) That's why I put in a entry way on the ground floor. My Asian Dinning room from last week one room one week one theme is included in this build.

I also did my own build which I put in a cafe with a basement kitchen/bakery and to make it the ultimate NYC townhouse a pool. If anyone would like to see that I could upload a post on it too.

The pictures were taken before I knew some of the artwork I downloaded was CC so the house in the link doesn't have them but if you search for it in the Sims and include custom content in your search it should be there.

Photos
    FL2JmZh.png
    pfZSNUx.png
    TNd0Qsc.png

• Options
    edited February 2019
    NYC Actor’s Townhouse is very nice! @Designasim :) Very nice exterior design of the build! The furnishing of each area and level of the interior looks very great! It is nice that there is a store area. The rooftop garden level is very nice! Very nice potted plants corner nook. Sims will have very nice views whilst dining at the rooftop dining table.
    It is a very detailed and well designed build! :)