Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build and Design Challenge - Floor Plan - Feb posted!!

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    AlJay wrote: »
    This is my first time trying to post pictures, so I hope I got the link stuff right. I am just learning how to do all the fun things with the sims 4 so this may not be a super awesome house, but I had a lot of fun with it.

House Name: Newlywed Cozy Cottage
    Total Cost Furnished: $150,435.00
    Lot Size: 30 x 20
    Origin ID: AliciaMaryAnne
    Gallery name of Lot: Newlywed Cozy Cottage
    Photos: https://imgur.com/a/NjBKX1P

Hello @AlJay :) It is great that you have entered the challenge !
    These link threads explain how to post the pictures so that they appear in posts on the threads.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/830602/tutorial-how-to-upload-pictures-to-this-forum/p1
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/942493/how-do-you-insert-photos
  • Options
    Newlywed Cozy Cottage is very nice! @AlJay :) Very nice exterior of the cottage! The roofing looks great! The flower beds on the edges of the home with the stones lining them looks so very pretty! The pond is very nice. The double door garage looks great. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The teddies in the nursery and the animals wall picture are very cute! The mini teddy on the armchair is a special touch <3 Very nice blue and white colour scheme of the master bedroom. The shoes racks look nice in the room. Sims will enjoy watching tv when in bed. Very nice study desk nook for the Sims to enjoy sitting on the comfortable leather chair at the desk using the computer or reading a book. Very nice design of the kitchen and dining area! The white colour of the furnishings looks very nice and very nice wall tiling. The flowers on the dining table and pear pictures on the wall are nice touches there. It is very nice that there is a sunken living room area! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa and armchairs there, chatting and watching tv, with sunlight coming in through the windows. The patterned curtains are a nice touch .
    It is a very nice cottage home! :)
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for your nice comments and helpful links!
  • Options
    saraheperksaraheperk Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys! I found this a few days ago and I've been having a blast doing these builds and I love the stories included about the families that will live in these homes :) I know that this hasn't been updated in a while and I would love to start posting some blueprints for us today! Not sure if anyone will see them or want to do them, but I figured I'd upload one in a little while just for fun!
  • Options
    saraheperk wrote: »
    Hey guys! I found this a few days ago and I've been having a blast doing these builds and I love the stories included about the families that will live in these homes :) I know that this hasn't been updated in a while and I would love to start posting some blueprints for us today! Not sure if anyone will see them or want to do them, but I figured I'd upload one in a little while just for fun!

Hello @saraheperk :) Welcome to the forums! You need to have 25points and 15 posts before you can become a full member and can then have an Avi picture, post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and have quotes appear in grey boxes . This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest
    You receive a point each time another simmer presses like or awesome or insightful on a post that you have posted in a thread created by another simmer.

Whilst you are a new member you are unable to post pictures or links , but when you are a full member you will able to post the images and /or links.
  • Options
    StrongbumblebeeStrongbumblebee Posts: 65 Member
    First off, I want to apologize for being MIA!! I started college in September, and my life got crazy! I honestly, completely forgot about Sim4 for a while. I would love to start this up again, with some modified timelines that better fit my new school schedule, if there is any interest.
    Cristi - Sim fan for many years

Check out my first ever challenge!

Builder, Simmer, and Challenge lover!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    YOrigE2.jpg

j3r0Y7F.jpg

Okay guys!! Let's try this again!

This will run until the first week of February! If I got MIA, PLEASE email me! It's my screen name at gmail. I WILL come back! <3 I will try to stay as active as a psych major will allow me to be! (3 10 page papers due in the next 3 weeks!! UHG!)

Okay, this client has come to you with TWO separate floor plans, she wants:

A room for her and her husband, their teenage son, and a spare room for her cats! (If you don't have pets, trade this room into an office)

She wants the garage converted into a greenhouse.

They have given you full creative license to change the placement of the counters and stairs.

I'm excited to be doing this again! I've been missing these challenges more than I realized!
    Post edited by Strongbumblebee on

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Hello @Strongbumblebee :) I hope that your college studies are going well! You would be very busy with your studies, doing your psych major course. I hope that you go well doing the three ten page papers and that you are able to get them done by the due date! :)
    It may just be me, but the floor plans aren’t appearing in your post. I came back again to see if they appeared now, but they still are not appearing :(
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @Strongbumblebee :) I hope that your college studies are going well! You would be very busy with your studies, doing your psych major course. I hope that you go well doing the three ten page papers and that you are able to get them done by the due date! :)
    It may just be me, but the floor plans aren’t appearing in your post. I came back again to see if they appeared now, but they still are not appearing :(

Thank you, i have been very busy.

I edited my post, does that help?

• Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    @Strongbumblebee First, good for you for taking on school! Psychology papers can be daunting but they are not a waste of time as there is usually some kind of takeaway from that effort that comes in handy somewhere along the way. I still check myself against the body positioning advice from a 300 level psych course when I am interviewing people to make sure my body language does not throw them off or make them uncomfortable” X many years later “

So if I understand your collision of houseplans: main floor is pretty much as stated with position of stairs and Kitchen layout TBD. The second floor plan when turned to the 6 o’clock position from the 12 o’clock position will align the open area oven the great room, there will be a ceiling over part of the kitchen and dining room, the space over the master will house two bedrooms and a bath. The fireplace and flue end up at 45 degrees so pick one spot or the other and put a fireplace. Figure out a logical place for stairs to connect the main floor to the upper floor. This will likely mean stealing from the great room to have a bit of a hall as this main floor does not really address the vestibule function (unless it is a covered front porch) or hall with stairs. The stairs on the side of the great room appear to be basement stairs so either add a basement or revert to stair placement TBD and skip the basement. Close? Very interesting indeed!
  • Options
    @Strongbumblebee First, good for you for taking on school! Psychology papers can be daunting but they are not a waste of time as there is usually some kind of takeaway from that effort that comes in handy somewhere along the way. I still check myself against the body positioning advice from a 300 level psych course when I am interviewing people to make sure my body language does not throw them off or make them uncomfortable” X many years later “

So if I understand your collision of houseplans: main floor is pretty much as stated with position of stairs and Kitchen layout TBD. The second floor plan when turned to the 6 o’clock position from the 12 o’clock position will align the open area oven the great room, there will be a ceiling over part of the kitchen and dining room, the space over the master will house two bedrooms and a bath. The fireplace and flue end up at 45 degrees so pick one spot or the other and put a fireplace. Figure out a logical place for stairs to connect the main floor to the upper floor. This will likely mean stealing from the great room to have a bit of a hall as this main floor does not really address the vestibule function (unless it is a covered front porch) or hall with stairs. The stairs on the side of the great room appear to be basement stairs so either add a basement or revert to stair placement TBD and skip the basement. Close? Very interesting indeed!

You are exactly correct!! This is the challenging part of this particular floor plan! I'm done with my outline, now I'm just trying to layout each room.

I'm excited to see what everyone else comes up with!

Yes, school is daunting!! However, I'm really learning a lot that I feel will help me become the best therapist I can some day.

• Options
    GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Yes, school is daunting!! However, I'm really learning a lot that I feel will help me become the best therapist I can some day.

There are plenty of people here on forums in need of such @Strongbumblebee, good luck to your studies! Btw, great challenge :smiley:
  • Options
    honeygirl25honeygirl25 Posts: 8 New Member
    The first year of college is such a huge whirlwind. I hope you had a great first semester. I love the floor plan challenge. I actually did the first one but didn’t finish on time :-/ I hope I can finish this before the deadline. Is there a special hashtag you want us to use in the gallery?
  • Options
    Good question @honeygirl25 I uploaded mine yesterday and hash tagged it #buildanddesign I'm just working on getting my pictures right, before I post it here. I can always re upload my house with a different hashtag later if you have a particular one in mind @Strongbumblebee
    I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's designs :)
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    I built mine yesterday and immediately hated it. I am going to redo the windows I think that’s the problem
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LOT: For the love of Plants!
    Lot Size: 40 X 30
    GALLERY COST: $158,714
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/UtL90nD
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided to go with a contemporary, modern look. I added lots of plants in the landscaping because, wanting a greenhouse, I naturally assumed that the new owners love plants.
    Pictures:
    EOgZds1.png
    nkkNzpy.png
    Post edited by AlJay on
  • Options
    For the love of plants is a very nice nature themed home! @AlJay :) You have reflected the floor plan very well, and created a very nice natural family home! The outdoors areas look very pretty! The flower beds, plants and water fountain features are very nice! Very nice backyard nook area with the water sculpture feature and bird seed feeders! Very nice greenhouse! Sims will enjoy growing plants there and doing flower arrangements. The furnishing of the interior of the home looks very nice! Very nice black and white stylish colour scheme of the kitchen and dining area. The brick wall texture of the kitchen corner walls gives a great look to the area. The blue and white colour scheme of the teen room and the confetti print on the walls looks very nice.
    It is a very nice home! :)
    Just a little message. Your link to the slideshow has an extra http which causes an error accessing the pictures page.
  • Options
    Than you @rosemow for your nice comments :) ! I think I got the link to work now
  • Options
    The first year of college is such a huge whirlwind. I hope you had a great first semester. I love the floor plan challenge. I actually did the first one but didn’t finish on time :-/ I hope I can finish this before the deadline. Is there a special hashtag you want us to use in the gallery?

Thank you, it has been, the craziest part is im transfering credits from my associates degree, so ive been out of school (college) for 11 years, and out of high school for 20 years... so, i go back and drop right into psych classes because they are approving my transfer credits, so, 4 months in and im already doing 300s and 400s classes after not being in school for 11 years.

It's been tough, but, still holding honor roll grades. 3.8 im pretty happy with it.

• Options
    AlJay wrote: »
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LOT: For the love of Plants!
    Lot Size: 40 X 30
    GALLERY COST: $158,714
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/UtL90nD
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided to go with a contemporary, modern look. I added lots of plants in the landscaping because, wanting a greenhouse, I naturally assumed that the new owners love plants.
    Pictures:
    EOgZds1.png
    nkkNzpy.png

Oh my goodness!!! I'm in love with this house!!

I love what you've done with the outside and the landscaping!

• Options
    Okay, YAY! I finished it! LOL

FORUM ID: Strongbumblebee
    ORIGIN ID: Strongbumblebee
    LOT: Garnder''s Dream Home (I typoed really bad, and I'm not going to change it right now)
    Lot Size: 50x40
    GALLERY COST: $139,459
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/zBsp9xT
    ENTRY DETAILS: I tried to tailor this house around the parents being professional gardeners. A little bit of a rustic/country vibe. Of course, the upstairs bedroom is the teenage niece's and she's going through a punk stage. :)
    Pictures:

Bk31Vt8.jpg

FQ1N0Uy.jpg

5a35oHR.jpg

Teenage boy's room

8MAiqfJ.jpg

Upstairs bathroom

nu5Jcdc.jpg

Mom and Dad's relaxing suite.

cdEadkP.jpg

VwWKQWS.jpg

aqfeB38.jpg

KGKlxw4.jpg

KGKlxw4.jpg

mUuJfwl.jpg

7mZTlLD.jpg

eAn7WQT.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Garnder''s Dream Home is very nice ! @Strongbumblebee :) Your sims game build using the floorplan looks great! The flower box windows are a pretty touch . The roof covered outdoors living and dining area on the roof covered patio is very nice. Sims will enjoy sitting outdoors in the air. Very nice design and furnishing of the bedrooms. The colour schemes are very nice. Very nice pink and black colour scheme of the master bedroom. The rose patterned floor rug is a nice touch there, and the flowers look very pretty on the bedside tables. Very nice kitchen design! The wall cabinets look very nice how they have been placed there on the walls. The Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst preparing meals. The hanging pots and pans and fruit bowl are a homely kitchen touch. Very nice greenhouse ! Sims will enjoy doing flower arranging on the flower arrangement table and collecting honey from the hives.
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you @Strongbumblebee !!
    You have done a great job as well, I especially love the deck :)