Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build and Design Challenge - Floor Plan - Feb posted!!

Comments

• StrongbumblebeeStrongbumblebee Posts: 65 Member
    Is anyone still working on one? If not, I'll update for the next week tomorrow. :) I'm loving being back and excited to see what you guys can do!
    Cristi - Sim fan for many years

Check out my first ever challenge!

Builder, Simmer, and Challenge lover!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Sliding one under the door . . .

FORUM ID: JojoMOMSTER
    ORIGIN ID: jojoMOMSTER
    LOT: Cozy Magnolia Manor
    GALLERY COST: $137 656
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW
    ENTRY DETAILS: It's not often that a challenge includes a bedroom for cats, that was fun to do! I love how this house fits on the Magnolia Blossom lot. There is a pond, fire-pit, horseshoes, and dining area in the huge back yard. The porch has a gas grill, reading corner and card table. I closed in part of the front of the porch for a vestibule area. The angled breezeway between the house and converted garage with half bath turned out really well I think. The greenhouse has "cat facilities". The teen room is geared towards a teen with a love of music and video gaming. The master has a full en-suite as well as a bath. I don't usually dedicate 9 squares to a bath tub but in this instance it works well.

Pictures:
    bzXJxcW.png
    66IpjBZ.png
    xTk69Zg.png

Thanks @Strongbumblebee this was a good one. See if you can spot the very strong and fierce Bumblebee making a cameo appearance in my slideshow. ;-) Her name is Rockette.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    Cozy Magnolia Manor is very nice! @JojoMOMSTER :) Very nice exterior of the home building, and the outdoors areas look great ! The porch is very nice for Sims to enjoy relaxing chatting in the armchairs, in the outdoors air. They will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating the food at the umbrella covered table in the backyard. It is great that there is a horseshoes pit for Sims to play, and a firepit for Sims to enjoy sitting around. Very nice greenhouse ! Sims will enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes there and using the bee hives. The wreath, tools and hanging herbs are nice touches on the wall. The big spider is very scary ! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! Very nice sofa seat and armchair fireplace sitting area for Sims to rest near the fire and read a book. The kitchen corner nook is great! It looks very nice the way that the sink and bar stool counter has been angled there. It is nice that the circular dining table has been used in the home. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the glass windows and door whilst eating meals there. Very nice loft tv room! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing there watching tv on the large tv screen. The furnishing and colour scheme of each bedroom is very nice. The cats bedroom is great! The will enjoy sleeping on the pet bed and using the jungle gym.
    The home is very nice! :)
    Rockette is very cute dressed as a bumblebee in the home! I did see her!
    edited February 2019
    So kind of you to post such an encouraging review @rosemow this one took a while to get right. Thank you for your kind assessment ❤️
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    Beautifully done! @JojoMOMSTER So warm and homey feeling :)
  • chluke75chluke75 Posts: 110 Member
    @JojoMOMSTER Fantastic build! Your interior looks fantastic, and I LOVE those dino-lights :smiley:
    Thank you so much @AlJay and @chluke ! BTW AlJay your build with the modern vibe and tidy well defined gardens is very well done also! I love your lights and fountains. It all looks so clean lush..
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Holy heck!!! I love this challenge, I might enter when you reset the form! :D
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
    Thank you @JojoMOMSTER 🙂
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    Holy heck!!! I love this challenge, I might enter when you reset the form! :D

I'm excited to see what you come up with! Today's your lucky day! I'm working on the post right now!

NEW FLOORPLAN!!!

4t0bGxo.jpg

Your new clients are high-end actors in the city, they want to live in this custom built townhome and have come to you for a mock-up model of their home!

Requirements:

*Must be no wider than 8 squares. Yes, that's going to be tough!
    *Must have a garden on the roof with space to entertain.
    *Must take into account safety features on the roof, the law requires fencing.
    *Must have 2 rooms, for 2 separate couples, and a spare bedroom for the family. This couple has roommates.
    *There are no children that live in this home.
    *Because the plans that they gave you are incomplete, and only have 3 kitchenettes, you must find space to remodel one kitchenette and an adjoining room to have a kitchen and formal dining room.
    *No financial budget! These guys have money, they are actors, please plan the home accordingly, add spaces for them to practice their skills.
    *If you don't have laundry day, that's fine, turn that room into something that can help them hone their skills.

Their favorite color schemes are black and 1-2 coordinating colors, this should be reflected through.

Good luck!! I'm so excited to see what you all come up with!!!

Remember, upload to the gallery under #Floorplanchallenge

• GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    May I ask where's the 2nd and 1st floors? Or is this the kind of funny apartment home that start from 3rd floor and includes 4th and 5th in a high rise building or so?
    edited February 2019
    The new floor plan challenge looks great! :) I will look forward to seeing the entries!
    Is there a deadline date? I will post it on the build challenges thread, so I just wanted to know.
    Gwiniel wrote: »
    May I ask where's the 2nd and 1st floors? Or is this the kind of funny apartment home that start from 3rd floor and includes 4th and 5th in a high rise building or so?

The first and second floors were stores, this was a floorplan for an apartment above a storefront, so the challenge is to make this home, a livable space, that's why they came to you for design expertise! :)

rosemow wrote: »
    The new floor plan challenge looks great! :) I will look forward to seeing the entries!
    Is there a deadline date? I will post it on the build challenges thread, so I just wanted to know.

Thank you! Let's go Feb 16th.

• VicingusVicingus Posts: 107 Member
    I really like this new floor plan, i already got started on it and its quite fun to work with! I got the basic shape and exterior build so far :)
    Thank you for making this challenge!

WIP pictures:
    Y3n3B1w.jpg
    FN1su0p.jpg
    Youtube Channel: Vicingus
    Sims 4 Gallery: Vicingus
    Vicingus wrote: »
    I really like this new floor plan, i already got started on it and its quite fun to work with! I got the basic shape and exterior build so far :)
    Thank you for making this challenge!

WIP pictures:
    Y3n3B1w.jpg
    FN1su0p.jpg

Ohhh I love it so far!! I've got my shape done, and I've started on the outside, I'm working on the interior walls as well.

OH my goodness! Let's go!
  • DesignasimDesignasim Posts: 87 Member
    can I still post the last challenge? I thought I had till Feb 4 or 5 for some reason. I think it was done by the 1 I just didn't upload it.
    Designasim wrote: »
    can I still post the last challenge? I thought I had till Feb 4 or 5 for some reason. I think it was done by the 1 I just didn't upload it.

Absolutely!!! I'd love to see it!!

If at anytime anyone wants to do a past challenge go for it!!

• DesignasimDesignasim Posts: 87 Member

@Strongbumblebee A couple of questions. Is white considered a colour? If not how much can I use before It becomes a colour? And how much can I change the floor plan, there are so many closets.
    Designasim wrote: »
    @Strongbumblebee A couple of questions. Is white considered a colour? If not how much can I use before It becomes a colour? And how much can I change the floor plan, there are so many closets.

White/Grey/Black can be used in addition to your main color scheme. You can change closets into something more productive for Sims. I like to use that area for dressers, desks, skill building, ect.

FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LOT: The Up and Up
    LOT NAME: Built in Magnolia Promenade on the Roadstead lot (40 X 30)
    GALLERY COST: $315,301
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/lh13GKt
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to give the clients coordinating colors of red and white to go along with their favorite color, black. I removed the second floor kitchenette and moved it to the main level, reducing the size of the library, giving them a nice shared kitchen and dining area.
    Pictures:
    tqchyDf.png
    wdiNr2q.png
    You have designed the townhouse so very well! @AlJay :) The black colour combined with the red and white colours looks very nice! It was great going on a tour of the build through your photos and words! It is a very detailed and well planned and built town home! The awards that the actors have received look very nice throughout the home! It looks great the special wall art that you have made for the rooms and areas of the build! Very nice design of the movie theatre! The courtyard between the buildings with the water features and lavender is very nice. Very nice roof garden! The flowers, plants and greenery there is very nice! It is nice that there is a bar area where Sims can enjoy having a drink from the bar, whilst watching Sims enjoying singing with the karaoke machine. They will have fun playing chess, and the waterfall windows feature is pretty! Very nice meditation nook! Sims will enjoy restfully meditating on the stool in the outdoors air.
    It is a very nice townhouse build! :)