Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Phantasmal Reading Circle - closed (Continued on another thread)

Comments

• Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited February 2019
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @simscognito
    I think so too but can't remember :D But I know @katrinasforest hasn't seen either so :p

UPDATE- Stopped working on Chapter 27 for now but am writing a one-shot chapter called Friends and Warcraft. It's something silly and cute to relieve tension from all the drama from the last chapter. Besides, who wants to miss out on Caleb playing a hunky human paladin and Alex as a werewolf (worgen) rogue? ;)

Lol. I wonder how Caleb's going to take playing a human... Is he going to remember enough what it's like? I'm quite curious about that. :joy:

@simscognito
    Patience, young Padawan. It should be a fun and silly chapter whether Caleb remembers enough or not- I pictured him playing either a protection paladin or protection warrior (tank role, the group protector.) And Jas just fits being a Restoration (healing) Druid, as she's very much in a sense a healer in the story. Plus, there will be some macho grandstanding between Alex and Caleb as they try to impress Jas with their gaming skills :joy:

UPDATE- Back to work on Chapter 27, so I'm writing both that and the one-shot. If anyone here is into Gothic clothing, here's the shirt Alex wears in the opening scenes of the chapter.

46245602645_3e9d2691cb.jpgCross of Darkness by nyterose20032000, on Flickr

And this shirt inspired a hoodie that I designed for Jas to wear in a few scenes. I changed the colors and added my own touches, of course.

47167246881_fd1da7bb3e.jpgRose Slant by nyterose20032000, on Flickr
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited February 2019
    @simscognito
    I think so too but can't remember :D But I know @katrinasforest hasn't seen either so :p

UPDATE- Stopped working on Chapter 27 for now but am writing a one-shot chapter called Friends and Warcraft. It's something silly and cute to relieve tension from all the drama from the last chapter. Besides, who wants to miss out on Caleb playing a hunky human paladin and Alex as a werewolf (worgen) rogue? ;)

Oh, gosh! That sounds both adorable and awesome! (I run a D&D campaign, so that type of side story is right up my alley.)

I liked the songs, especially the first one. I can imagine them both matching with your story really well. (And dang, their English is impressive! I wish I could speak any of the second languages I've attempted to learn half as well as that.)

The shirts are cool, too. It's great you have such a strong image of your characters.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    @katrinasforest Thank you! I probably would've gone into fashion/costume design as a career. (My art skills aren't that great so :P) But I love creating clothing/tattoos/piercings/etc for my characters, so my love of fashion design still comes in handy! :) And to a lesser extent hairstyles/makeup.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    This was originally supposed to be ready for Valentine's Day, but better late than never! It's a one-shot chapter written out of bonus material that was cut from the original storyline. It was also my first time writing this particular content, so hopefully, I did an ok job. Enjoy.

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @NyteRose read the latest chapter.
    is it me or was there something off about Alex? I feel he's up to something. Also poor Caleb and Jasmina. They should all really be a trio. They obviously all love eachother. Atm I'm hoping that's how it ends. xD
  • Options
    @simscognito The original plan was for them to be a trio but the story developed a mind of its own and took a different direction :D
    As for Alex, well, let's just say his time is almost up (he doesn't die, but something else happens.)
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    New chapter posted! A "turning point" Chapter 27: Torn is slightly longer than usual with a shock and cliffhanger ending...
  • Options
    Hi everyone. Hope you're excited for Saturday. XD

Here's a trailer for the next part of Foes.

https://youtu.be/xz7i_HPvuc0
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @simscognito Interesting. I wish I could make trailers/banners for my story but my video/editing skills are nonexistent XD
    /brag on
    I got to go see The Cruxshadows live in concert over the weekend. A near seven-hour drive to the concert and back home, several mishaps, but meeting and getting a selfie with Rogue was worth it. The show was freakin awesome. /brag off

Still working on Friends and Warcraft and I've started Chapter 28. Just keeping everyone in the loop :)
  • Options
    I'll ask questions about it next week when Foes is spotlighted XD
  • Options
    @NyteRose @katrinasforest
    I completely forgot to ask questions about the latest chapter.
    What did you think?
    Any questions risen from the chapter?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @simscognito It's good. My only question is who's going to backstab who? And do we get more Caleb? ;)<3
    Has everyone caught up with my latest chapter? Chapt. 28 and another one-shot coming soon. It's not Friends and Warcraft, but something else...
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Another one-shot, spin-off story I wrote. It is independent of the main story and you do not have to read it to follow the main story. (But I'd appreciate it if you did read it) Thanks for reading. Enjoy.

• Options
    @simscognito I love the trailer! I really should have thought to do one for my story. (I have some minimal video editing skills.)

Anyways, going to read now and comment/answer questions as soon as I can. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @simscognito @katrinasforest
    Found the perfect song for Caleb during his stint in rehab. Also, Chapter 28 is about a quarter way of the way done.

Singularities by The Cruxshadows
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwggI7WNHgw

And this song for upcoming content...

Stay by The Cruxshadows
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb7MEkSlbXk
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @simscognito The original plan was for them to be a trio but the story developed a mind of its own and took a different direction :D
    As for Alex, well, let's just say his time is almost up (he doesn't die, but something else happens.)

Oh, no! It doesn't involve evil alien plants, does it?

Kidding, kidding. I know, I've been playing too much Strangerville. ^_^

I did read Beauty's Corruption, but I haven't gotten to Torn just yet. I thought it was an interesting What If? scenario, but I can see why you cut it if you plan for Jasmina and Caleb to get together and not have Alex be a part of it.

On a minor note, I love how in Sims world, authors get their stuff published automatically. As opposed to an editor sending it back bleeding red ink first. Or getting it rejected a million times, if they're not a well-established name yet. It might not be realistic, but it's fun. :)
  • Options
    @simscognito Okay, answering questions time!

What did you think? Interesting! There was a lot going on in this chapter, especially bouncing back and forth between all the different families. But I was able to follow what was happening, and I'm impressed at how you're keeping all the different plotlines so organized. Also... I love Henry's expression when he goes, "Yes, Victor. I'm sure!" He looks both adorable and supremely irritated. (Actually, he probably looks adorable because he's so irritated.)

Any questions risen from the chapter?[/quote] My memory is fuzzy, so I'm wondering about the witch at the end of the chapter. Have we seen her before or is this her first appearance?

Great to have your writing back. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    @katrinasforest If the writing career worked in real life as it does in the Sims, I'd a published and maybe bestselling author right now! :D
  • Options
    Hi everyone. Here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.
    Chapter fifty six: Worry
    chapter-fifty-six-worry_orig.jpg

Also, because it's still my week, I'll ask what you thought of this chapter but no pressure if you don't want to answer. XD
    @simscognito Okay, answering questions time!

What did you think? Interesting! There was a lot going on in this chapter, especially bouncing back and forth between all the different families. But I was able to follow what was happening, and I'm impressed at how you're keeping all the different plotlines so organized. Also... I love Henry's expression when he goes, "Yes, Victor. I'm sure!" He looks both adorable and supremely irritated. (Actually, he probably looks adorable because he's so irritated.)

Any questions risen from the chapter?
    My memory is fuzzy, so I'm wondering about the witch at the end of the chapter. Have we seen her before or is this her first appearance?

Great to have your writing back. :)
    [/quote]

@katrinasforest Yeah, Henry's good at cute expressions XD

Thank you, I hoped the rotation of the families in these chapters weren't too much. I had a lot to get across. :D

No, it is her first appearance. Don't worry, you're not supposed to know who she is. :joy:
    @simscognito It's good. My only question is who's going to backstab who? And do we get more Caleb? ;)<3
    Has everyone caught up with my latest chapter? Chapt. 28 and another one-shot coming soon. It's not Friends and Warcraft, but something else...

@NyteRose Hmm... well, you might find out in this latest chapter.
    literally
    XD

As for Caleb, which one? hehe XD Okay, I know which one you're talking about. He's a minor character so don't expect a lot of him but he will be appearing again soon.
  • Options
    Also, I'm curious whether you think Henry should marry Alex?

and, if you have read the latest chapter and want to answer this
    why do you think Alex is floating? XD
  • Options
    Okay, just read the latest chapter and I'll answer your questions XD

Should Henry marry Alex?
    NO! Again, NO! Henry is getting cold feet, he is obviously not ready for that type of commitment or life in the public eye. They should just remain lovers and continue to live separately. If they marry, I sense disaster and betrayal in their future, honestly.

Why do you think Alex is floating?
    Alien powers or telekinesis. I think the guy is an alien personally, but I could be wrong.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    @simscognito Oh, good. I didn't think we'd seen her before, but feels good to confirm.

I would say if one has reason to believe entering into a marriage will cause the death of one or more of the newlyweds, one should probably eliminate the source of danger before the wedding.

So... I'm agreeing with @NyteRose. Probably a bad idea, given the circumstances.

As to why Alex is floating... I have no idea. I assume he has some sort of powers he's unaware of or some unseen force in protecting and healing him.

I will give props to Toni for setting stuff in motion before announcing the plan to kill Alex. Villains everywhere could learn a good lesson in efficiency from that. Though I'm glad the plan didn't succeed!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    New chapter posted! Chapter 28: Heavy Metal Blues Drama and a cliffhanger ending (again.)
  • Options
    Oh gosh. I forgot. @katrinasforest is it your week this week?