Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy "professions" themed GPs?

ยซ13
KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
In Sims 3 we had a bigger range of active professions that we could play with. We could be Acrobats, Architectural Designer, Daycare, Firefighter, Ghost Hunter, Investigator, Magician, Singer, Stylist and Lifeguards. But, in Sims 4 we still have only 3, that came with GTW, that are Detective, Doctor and Scientist. Maybe the Investigator and the Detective ones are similar, but would you like the others to make a comeback? Would you like newer ones? None of them?

Would you buy "professions" themed GPs? 117 votes

I dont like active careers
11%
Bluebeard45CynnaSuRihtanilAnthonydyerthe_greenplumbobAlbaWaterhousecatitude5ChadSims2BreazonaAHolyToiletChazzzyPlainevilTodiloo 13 votes
I want my sim to be a Acrobats or a Magician
2%
alan650111munchkin_2216Godleyjeans 3 votes
I want my sim to be a Architectural Designer or a Landscaper
8%
SusanaLeoteLadyTigresstaydevInternal_Chaosharun789gummybear0724AliisavasHEW310SCORPIOofficialViotoli 10 votes
I want my sim to be a Burglar or a Cop
4%
Bagoas77SavvySimmiestrf85TTNsimmerDrudders 5 votes
I want my sim to be a Dancer or a Singer
11%
CorkysPetalsNivyxcapricce2bloodydarkanglCeCeDotHermitgirlAgentJuliaWiggleyTuffcomicsforlifeBiggieCheeseGamingTweetyLoftyyLeahmiller2006Limorz 14 votes
I want my sim to own a Daycare or a "Small Pets Pet Shop"
12%
aprilroserosehrtgirlwrenstalesrambahadoerLittlBowBubLatinaBunnyKoalagirllfidelis_x0YardenroJordan061102SimmerbugKaronKatieSimLight511Ml0ve 15 votes
I want my sim to be a Firefighter or a Lifeguard
9%
auroraael14SjofnStarr711Simmer_chiyenshnailehDestin2016ShinzenOtoyoTwigsandPebblesxXholicxX360sinsimmer 11 votes
I want my sim to be a Ghost Hunter or a ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ Matchmaker
9%
JennygglittlemissgogoTrashmagic3KNPenadele_katsimlover5521FreezerBunnyCowplantAuronoiChieftainx4m1r4starknekkidAlea_oaks88 11 votes
I want my sim to be a Model or a Stylist
14%
Tiipiialanmichael1KiaraSims4ModsjineratorFoxrox77Sigzy05dirty_milosthatsnotswegpoltergeistCharlotta11XareyahWooldropLauri_AntonHolidayHoly_CowSeymour92Daniela_Sophia 17 votes
I want my sim to be "Other" (Include your suggestions on your comments).
15%
LeGardePourpreWritin_RegSimburianelanorbretonPaigeisin5liliaethJestTruCeres_Meirionastilljustme212JEREMIAKniga_SitaraSimsAddict_2440pandora1KathykinsRudiaroseManakoHimeNindigoDianesims 18 votes

Comments

• Options
    TwigsandPebblesTwigsandPebbles Posts: 2 New Member
    Hard to choose between some of these. Love the idea of being a ghost hunter again... but loved being a firefighter in the sims 3.

Nearly voted other. Think that if we get cars in the sims 4 another active career could be being a mechanic which would lead to new traits and ambitions
  • Options
    Hard to choose between some of these. Love the idea of being a ghost hunter again... but loved being a firefighter in the sims 3.

Nearly voted other. Think that if we get cars in the sims 4 another active career could be being a mechanic which would lead to new traits and ambitions

I was talking about a Car Workshop/Mechanic Career early today.This would be amazing as well to give cars mroe to do in this not opened world game. hehe :smile:
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    Active careers are glitched in my game and personally, I find them to be rather boring.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Active careers are annoying. I never use them.
  • Options
    Active careers are glitched in my game and personally, I find them to be rather boring.

Oh, of course I'm considering they're going to be less buggy than GTW was.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Unless they can find a new way to make the active careers fun and not feel like mini games with check list I'd prefer not to see any new ones.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    I want my sim to be a Dancer or a Singer
    I would really like singer or dancer because I love the idea of being on stage, I think it can build some awesome stories and as a you girl I would love to grow to be on stage when I'm older so bringing this into the sims is a great idea, especially already having busking. Example of a story line > A you boy runs away from home when little because parents were really rough. He saves up for a guitar and starts busking. He becomes a famous pop star.
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I like how City Living careers are working with the option of working from home.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    active daycare could be nice

-Yarden.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I'd like a lawyer career. I've always wondered why it wasn't in TS3 either. I don't know about TS1 & TS2. But there were and are criminals, you'd think they'd need lawyers.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2018
    I would like "interior designer" back as in Sims 3. It meant that you could enter other Sims houses and change the walls, furniture to the budget they set and got approval or disapproval from the owner. It's something that interests me in TV programmes and home magazines.

As distinct from the choice Architectural designer which I assume is the actual design of complete houses?
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    picked other because I coudln't choose. that and I would love it if my sims could be maids or have an active or semi-active burglar career.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    I don't like active careers. I shouldn't have to do more work than my sims.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I'm not a huge fan of the active careers, but I do really enjoy the stay at home careers that give you the option of going in or working from home (Ex: Social Media Career). I'd like to see more of those!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I chose Ghost Hunting because I really, really, REALLY want that career back. But honestly would like all of those.

I think they need to go in a new direction with them. Maybe a blend of the active and stay-at-home type careers or to just flesh out the active careers a bit more because I personally love them but they do get repetitive after a while. But so do the stay-at-home ones.

Maybe pattern them after the Sims 3 active careers where you have a range of things you can do to earn career progression and maybe one-two optional tasks so it's more open and less repetitive. I do still want them to have the option to just send your sim to work and make actual progress there when you do like the stay-at-home careers.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    starknekkidstarknekkid Posts: 2 New Member
    I really miss the ghost hunter career. I had a lot of fun with that back in the day. I haven't really played with the active careers from GTW yet, but the time I did try (I had a police officer) I found it extremely frustrating.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I'd like to have an improved version of careers that work like GTW's ones. Maybe a bit more unusual careers like Ghost Hunters or Burglars.
    The careers that came with GTW aren't that fun long term because you basically always have to do a checklist of tasks. That's it, no action and everything is repetitive. A game pack that builds on GTW's active career system would be great.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    No real majorities here! BTW Sims already can be cops.
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    I just want more careers. I want some careers such as psychology and many others.
  • Options
    0pandora10pandora1 Posts: 5 New Member
    I would like to see normal jobs, blue collar jobs, like Factory Worker, Retail and Customer Service.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I'd like the Sims 1 Superstar careers back. Really miss my sims being famous and being actors, singers and doing modelling work. I guess signing came with CL but we could still have bands and a recording studio.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'd also like architectural design/landscaper too
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    sinsimmersinsimmer Posts: 40 Member
    The idea of saving other Sim lives is great! It would be such a great career to play. Aside from this, I love owning businesses but I wish you could own different types of businesses like Daycares (as you mentioned) and maybe Cinemas, Theme Parks and Beach Resorts?
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    All of the above
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I would prefer more careers where my Sims can work from home or perhaps a few new careers that are parttime jobs.