Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy "professions" themed GPs?

Comments

• Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I want my sim to own a Daycare or a "Small Pets Pet Shop"
    No real majorities here! BTW Sims already can be cops.

I think that they can be detective, not cops...
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I want my sim to be "Other" (Include your suggestions on your comments).
    There are a few listed I like, but not what they are paired with.

In ts3, my favourites were daycare and the singer careers so it would be nice to have those back. I'd also like a burglar career, that could be fun (but would also never happen, too controversial IMO).

I'd like for there to be a photography career with an upgrade to the photo studio we already have. Maybe a fishing career, a maid, or just general self-employed jobs.

But I do not like the current GTW careers in a major way, as they are too check-listy, the ones where you can work from home are better.
  • Options
    ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I want ALL of them! The Daycare I would really love to have back but truthfully I miss all the active jobs from TS3
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    I dont like active careers
    I like the idea of the active careers but it was so poorly done in TS4 that I won't buy a pack dedicated to anymore active careers. I think EA was overly thinking when they put in active careers, less is more. We just wanted to go there not spend our entire sims life trying to get a promotion. I feel like the active jobs in the sims 4 right now are to much work and to much loading.
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    edited July 2018
    Active careers and Sims 4 does not work well for me, so I voted no. I enjoyed them in Sims 3 but in 4, they do not work if your family is bigger than 1.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want my sim to be a Dancer or a Singer
    I chose that one but I want allll the careers..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Holy_CowHoly_Cow Posts: 47 Member
    I want my sim to be a Model or a Stylist
    I would do an interactive career as a Lifeguard. The sims could clean up after pool guests and yell at kids and teens for running! ;)
    Holy cow! I completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration! :P
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't like Sims 4 active careers. A lot of them are downright broken.

A for effort, D for execution.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »
    A for effort, D for execution.

We can say that about the entire sims 4. hahaha
  • Options
    There are a few listed I like, but not what they are paired with.

In ts3, my favourites were daycare and the singer careers so it would be nice to have those back. I'd also like a burglar career, that could be fun (but would also never happen, too controversial IMO).

I'd like for there to be a photography career with an upgrade to the photo studio we already have. Maybe a fishing career, a maid, or just general self-employed jobs.

But I do not like the current GTW careers in a major way, as they are too check-listy, the ones where you can work from home are better.

Sorry, i just couldnt fit all of them separately, so i bundled them with the ones that sounded similar.
  • Options
    ierolovrr31ierolovrr31 Posts: 52 Member
    I'd take any type of job right now. There really needs to be more jobs to choose from!
  • Options
    OtoyoOtoyo Posts: 698 Member
    edited July 2018
    I want my sim to be a Firefighter or a Lifeguard
    I love the idea of a fire fighter or life guard. I want these sort of jobs in the sims 4. Police in sims 4 was kind of disappointing in someways, but i also wanted a better police career.

Edit: I agree that Sims 4 active careers aren't up to par. The city living jobs were a bit better than Back to Work, but over all active careers in Sims 4 failed the mark.
  • Options
    rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    edited July 2018
    I like the vet career a lot better than the active careers. With the vet career you can bring other family members to the lot which you can't do with the active careers. I like the work from home careers too, I just wish they would make the careers that came with the base game work from home careers too, especially the writing and painting careers.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I quite enjoy the 3 active careers (at least now that they are less buggy), but the tasks need to be more varied. And meaningful. I would absolutely welcome more active careers, as long as they are done right.

From TS3, I would love to see Fire fighter, interior designer, ghost hunter and investigator make a return. Those are the ones I tried, and actually enjoyed a lot.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I quite enjoy the 3 active careers (at least now that they are less buggy), but the tasks need to be more varied. And meaningful. I would absolutely welcome more active careers, as long as they are done right.

From TS3, I would love to see Fire fighter, interior designer, ghost hunter and investigator make a return. Those are the ones I tried, and actually enjoyed a lot.

I dont know why sims 3 active careers were better, maybe cuz the game was built to act more rpg than sims 4 was (the rpg aspect was probably taken out cuz many simmers complained that it wasnt good for them). But, i think that they can work aroung that instead of creating lazy made active careers.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I really enjoyed the Scientist, Doctor and Detective careers when they came out, but I never use them now, because they force you to focus on 1 sim at a time, rather than your own household.

They worked well in The Sims 3 where it was an open neighbourhood, so you still had access to all your sims, but in The Sims 4, they're just not as fun.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would buy it yes
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    strf85strf85 Posts: 20 Member
    I want my sim to be a Burglar or a Cop
    I would like my sims to be burglar or cop, but also other more realistic careers also. Like lawyer, teacher, retail, customer service, hotel employee, nurse and stuff like that. I also would like the option to have multiple jobs. Like a main career, and a part-time on the evening, night or morning.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I would buy a game pack for more active careers.

Entertainment, which can include fashion, singing, musician, acting, dance, magician and radio.

Pro Athlete. Not that I have anything against the body builder track but I with the athletic path also included Pro Athlete, coach, or sports agent.

Education...
    Oceanography
    Astronomer
    Daycare

Law. Which can include Firefighter, it can go hand in hand with the law enforcement track from GTW. Lifeguard or Coast Guard if we get to swim and boat in open waters.

Self Employment and Part Time Jobs
    They could open up some of the NPC careers like the yoga instructor, spa jobs, trainer at the gym, bar tender, food stall operator, sales clerk, and so on.
    Clerk
    Alchemist
    Fisherman
    Gardner (in game now)
    Rancher and Farmer
    Receptionist

WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2018
    I said other because I would love more active careers in particularly like the Superstar ep in Sims 1 where they could become models, actors, singers. I would also enjoy teachers, professors. I love the ghost hunter and decorator/architect careers in Sims 3. I also had lots of fun as a detective-private eye. So yes careers I can engage in with my Sims I really enjoy. I also could see Sims becoming Olympians and going into various Olympic type of careers and competitions - martial arts (I super love this in Sims 3), gymnastics, skiing, sports, triathlons, etc, etc. I'd also like my Sims rocket and space exploration with the rocketship to be an active career - explore new worlds etc, also ocean exploration/skin diver.... I like the active careers. Working on an ocean liner would be fun too - with all it's various careers.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    I want my Sim to be a pop star leading a double life where nobody knows who she is - like Jem.. or Hannah Montana.. only cooler than Hannah Montana. So Jem.
    It doesn't have to be a whole thing, that would be her background story if she could be a pop star lol
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Active careers are a pain in the plum for me. Very restrictive, the complete opposite of sandbox, and they make you "go to work" with your sims for most of the day having to completely ignore the rest of the household.
    They don't suit my gameplay style and I don't care for them.
    I like however the semi-active careers such as the ones that came with City Living and the gardening one. Still scripted and whatnot but much more dynamic and easy to combine with the rest of the household schedules and activities.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I loved playing Daycare in Sims 3. :)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2018
    • Acrobat
    • Dancer
    • Model
    • Firefighter
    • Lifeguard
    • Military