Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy "professions" themed GPs?

13...Next

Comments

• SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    I want my sim to be "Other" (Include your suggestions on your comments).
    I want to see all of the above and more. I won't always play with them but I really appreciate having more options.
  • KatieSimKatieSim Posts: 71 Member
    I want my sim to own a Daycare or a "Small Pets Pet Shop"
    @Karon what would be the difference between being a police officer and being a detective? I feel like the detective career pretty much covers what police officers do? (Patrolling, apprehending law breakers, endless paper work)
    I feel like if they did change anything it could just be adding emergency calls if burgulars make it in the game which isn’t worth making another career for an add on? (Although you can kind of already be a burglar with the klepto trait and the vampire unlock any door trait).
    But maybe there’s things I’m not seeing and a different police officer career would be great haha :)
  • SillyCharlieSillyCharlie Posts: 37 Member
    I wouldn't buy separate gamepacks, I would buy ONE with ALL of the basic professions we got in the Sims 3. Making them into separate packs is stupid. Better yet, add them in for people who buy GTW. They will make 30-40$ for each purchase instead of 20$, and we all know how much EA loves making us waste money on awful "expansions".
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited August 2018
    I want my sim to own a Daycare or a "Small Pets Pet Shop"
    KatieSim wrote: »
    @Karon what would be the difference between being a police officer and being a detective? I feel like the detective career pretty much covers what police officers do? (Patrolling, apprehending law breakers, endless paper work)
    I feel like if they did change anything it could just be adding emergency calls if burgulars make it in the game which isn’t worth making another career for an add on? (Although you can kind of already be a burglar with the klepto trait and the vampire unlock any door trait).
    But maybe there’s things I’m not seeing and a different police officer career would be great haha :)

@KatieSim There are many things a police officer can do that a detective can not, but I do not think they would ever put it in The SIms. That would involve putting weapons into the game, and we know they would not do it. But I should have thought of this when creating the poll.
    I wouldn't buy separate gamepacks, I would buy ONE with ALL of the basic professions we got in the Sims 3. Making them into separate packs is stupid. Better yet, add them in for people who buy GTW. They will make 30-40$ for each purchase instead of 20$, and we all know how much EA loves making us waste money on awful "expansions".

@SillyCharlie I would put them in GPs for the same reason they put the supernatural in GPs. Most Simmers did not like to compare EPs and find supernatural in them, because they preferred a more realistic gameplay, putting them in GPs gives you the option for the person who wants it or not in their game. So, those who do not like active careers would not have to be forced to buy them to get other gameplay features they wanted.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I want my sim to be a Architectural Designer or a Landscaper
    I want the architect career back. I'd like the city living style careers, where they can either go to work or work from home. Maybe the work from home option is renamed "Taking commissions" and they need to complete multiple jobs. Maybe they would make however much on commissions, plus a standard rate if they complete at least 2 or 3 jobs a day.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I want my sim to be "Other" (Include your suggestions on your comments).
    I just want more options -- and not just fully active careers but more of the "semi-active" options like we got in CL or the gardening career in Seasons. That way you have the option of either just sending your Sim off to the office or be able to do simple tasks which give them more time for building the skills needed to advance. I use a set of mods that adds work from home options to some of the base game careers, and they've really breathed new life into the careers. For eample, I have a couple where one Sim is in the Social Media career, but the other is a journalist; with the WFH options in the writer career, I can have my journalist work from home so she can go out and interview a bunch of Sims then write articles about them later down the road.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)