Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing item?

IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
Alright, so I'm not sure if I have lost my mind completely but there's a certain item in the game that I can't find AT ALL! I'm starting to question my own sanity, haha!

So what item am I talking about? Well I was pretty sure that there was this rack with a fire poker in the game. I was looking at my fireplace and remembered the fire poker thingie and wanted to add one, but I can't find it anymore! I'm sure I saw it once and that I've used it before. Or was it in The Sims 3?? I've been scrolling through every item in buy mode, but nope, it's not there.

Am I remembering wrong here?? :sweat_smile:
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I've never seen a fire poker in the game. I found a cc one here: https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-objects-furnishing-decor-clutter/title/fireplace-tool-rack/id/1275515/
    Maybe that's what you're thinking of?
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    Lol you just reminded me of the times I added a fireplace in TS3 I would have to add that for more realism. Man, good memories. That is from TS3, I haven’t seen one in TS4.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Weird. This post had me thinking that I was sure I had seen fire tools. And look though I might, I can’t find them. Sorry :/
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Haha I might be crazy then :confounded:

I was sooo sure that I've seen one and also used one in The Sims 4. I was thinking that maybe it accidentally disappeared in a patch. But I suppose it was never there to begin with, haha :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    (Can’t resist)
    To quote Luna Lovegood. “Don’t worry. You’re just as sane as I am”.
    :D
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member

I've had that same experience, questioning my sanity over those fireplace tools. Since I never found them in Sims 4 (and I've spent way too much time looking, lol), I decided I must be remembering Sims 2 and Sims 3 fireplace tools. There is a little countertop decor item, a 'stand' with kitchen tongs/utensils on it that I might have been thinking of. I tried making it bigger to look like fireplace tools, but it didn't really look right.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    Cherrybug90Cherrybug90 Posts: 75 Member
    Weird..... I remember it too. It must have been Sims 3 then. How strange lol
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I want to say sometimes with outdoor firepits there's a poker?? Maybe?
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Yes, I remember them! It was the Sims 3 though. I added them to every fireplace I had. They looked incomplete without it.
  • Options
    kellogon74kellogon74 Posts: 1 New Member
    I was Googling for this and found this thread. I also thought there was a fireplace set! Guess I going to have to use CC.
  • Options
    katielouise525katielouise525 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @kellogon74 said:
    > I was Googling for this and found this thread. I also thought there was a fireplace set! Guess I going to have to use CC.

Literally same. Made an account just to post on here. They definitely exist. I saw the item on one of Vixella's youtube videos. Someone must have the answer, it's driving me crazy!
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    There is a fire poker under debug items but unfortunately it can't be propped up or isn't part of a stand. I vaguely feel like I remember there being a fireplace tools stand too, we are collectively going crazy - or we are suffering from the Mandela Effect lol
    QVmtYmk.png
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I've never seen one in TS4 because that's something I would use with every fireplace. I only remember them for TS3 or CC ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top