Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do while playing The Sims?

Comments

• Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    Hmm, a lot of multi-tasking I'm reading than focusing on a single activity at a time. I wonder if it relates at all to patience vs impatience, concentration vs lack of concentration, entertained vs bored, scared to be alone with your thoughts/yourself as one task isn't enough distraction, etc? How about during my parents time or even grandparents time I wonder if this was an issue or is this something related to the advancing technology and how many rely so heavily upon it that it can become so embedded in one's lifestyle. But is it safe or harmful? I suppose it depends as there are two sides to a coin.

To answer the question, I usually focus on playing the game unless I'm doing something else related such as looking up RGB/Hex values, looking for wardrobe ideas, etc. It is quite noticeable for me that when I do start to multi-task it definitely becomes difficult to enjoy any one activity as much if it were the only focus. Like the time when Rise of the Guardians came on tv and I started to watch it and draw at the same time. I never did fully get into the movie or drawing so then I ask myself is it worth it to take on more than one task at a time?
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I don't multitask much because I can't split my attention like that. Sometimes I'll turn on Pandora while I play. I also pause the game to catch up on laundry if I need to.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    My focus is most on the Sims, but I do have a Youtube video playlist on when I find I am slightly less entertained by the Sims that moment.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited July 2018
    What do you do while playing The Sims? --> playing The Sims :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    PinkFlyingPastaPinkFlyingPasta Posts: 303 Member
    I watch TV or listen to Music (I rarely have any Audio from the game on)
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    edited July 2018
    I eat and peek at the forums. Sometimes I watch tv while I play. It works, somehow.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    Playing the beta of Old School RuneScape mobile. Now I can play two of the games I enjoy at the same time.

omg I used to love playin runescape
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    StormySkyStormySky Posts: 35 Member
    Ive been a multitasker my whole life. Even when I was in school I'd be doing three things at once. I seem to focus on each individual task better that way. Unless I'm working on my novel, then I'm only doing one thing.
  • Options
    rubahlubarubahluba Posts: 138 Member
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I usually only ever just play The Sims because I don't like to play on mute so I can't listen to music or have TV on in the background unless I'm building. I'll play some games on my phone while it's loading or between places, but otherwise I just focus on the game the entire time.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    During loading screens, I usually look at my phone.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I had no idea so many people did other things while playing. I only play sims when I sit down to play and if I need to get up, I actually pause the game. I don't even listen to music while I play. I like the sound of the game. I like to be immersed in the life of my sims. If I find I need to focus on something else, I save the game and turn it off.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    I usually just play the Sims. But if I have to do something like the laundry or cleaning, I pause it. I do have the t.v. on sometimes but I usually will pause the game if I want to watch t.v.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member

Me as well. Although since I got my gaming PC I find I almost have no time because the loading screens are so short! Other than that I am focused mainly on the game. I kind of.. like.. make stories and conversations my sims are having up in my head? So I'm pretty focused. I loooove the sounds of the game. I play with noise canceling headphones and oh man! Especially with seasons now - I love listening and being completely immersed.
  • Options
    MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    I tend to bounce between Youtube, this forum, and a Sims guide.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member

I do this while my sims are sleeping.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited July 2018
    i listen to music. also, go on Reddit or Discord, read a comic book or the forums/EA Answers HQ, look at my phone, or play browser games when Sims are asleep. i have forgotten to pause the game many times... not great, especially when playing TS2. :'(
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    edited July 2018
    I play Sims on my PC and watch Netflix or Youtube videos on my MacBook. Sometimes I listen to music (if I'm in CAS or building)
    Sometimes I might play something on my phone in addition to playing Sims and watching Netflix.

I can't concentrate on just playing...
  • Options
    alright_namealright_name Posts: 31 Member
    Okay, this might sound mildly insane but I listen to youtube videos of playing sims while I myself am playing sims. If they're doing a challenge I'll do it alongside them like rn I'm doing the rags to riches challenge alongside the sim supply's. Or I listen to building videos, big fan of lilsimsie's fixer uppers. It's good background noise and I can get ideas for like decorating or cas in the moment from what they're doing in their own game.
  • Options
    SimmerSamSimmerSam Posts: 73 Member
    Typically when I'm playing, its the only thing I do. I really like to focus on my gameplay and give it my full attention. It's my 'me' time!
  • Options
    molecularmoleculemolecularmolecule Posts: 7 New Member
    I usually listen to an audiobook or I have youtube playing in the background. If I get bored I'll generally play on my DS for a while then return to the game.
  • Options
    -Haner96-Haner96 Posts: 18 Member
    Normally I'd just listen to music, but nothing else really.
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I mostly focus on the game but will occasionally tab out to check social media, browse the web or google something. I might also take a break to play with my cats but Sims time is mostly sims time. I normally play at the same time in the evenings. I grab a drink and a snack, sit at my desk and get into my simming zone and that's me for the night.
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    I try to completely focus on the game when I play, but sometimes I watch some Youtube or listen to music.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    VenessaVeeVenessaVee Posts: 187 Member
    Sometimes I munch on a snack whilst listening to music or watching a show on my iPad or tv... When I let my sims roam free, I usually find myself cleaning here and there or doing other things.