Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do while playing The Sims?

StormySkyStormySky Posts: 35 Member
Hey there!
I thought I would start a conversation about all of you like me who do other things while playing your sims game. I usually mute mine and listen to an audio book (currently it's Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) or sometimes I will have Netflix going on my chromebook (currently binges are Galavant and The Originals).
What are y'all up to?

Comments

• BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,404 Member
    Playing the beta of Old School RuneScape mobile. Now I can play two of the games I enjoy at the same time.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    What I usually do is bounce back and forth between my game and this forum, and also watching what my husband is watching on tv (pc and tv is in the same room). I don't have my game on full screen, but windowed mode. Also I play with my cats, and do household chores.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited July 2018
    I might listen to some music or a podcast, but most of my attention is on the game.

I've heard of people watching Netflix while gaming, and I don't get it. I wouldn't be able to properly concentrate on either one.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Rainier cherries are in season, so I have a big bowl next to me while I play.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • StormySkyStormySky Posts: 35 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I might listen to some music or a podcast, but most of my attention is on the game.

I've heard of people watching Netflix while gaming, and I don't get it. I wouldn't be able to properly concentrate on either one.

Well, I've seen Galavant all the way through twice, so mostly I use it for it's ridiculous jokes and cheesy soundtrack. Besides, Madelena is my spirit animal, lol.
    I also play fetch with my cat.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

Delicious
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I browse the forums or play games on my phone while my sims are asleep.
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member

Yum! Now that's what else to do while playing.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Depends -- if my husband isn't home I can listen to the radio (especially baseball) and have the headphones unplugged, but if he's home I have to keep the headphones plugged in. I tend to focus on what's happening in game.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Sims time is total Sims time for me. I dont like any distractions so i try and make sure i get all important stuff out of the way beforehand. I only listen to music while im building or in CAS
    @stilljustme2 who's your team?
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I usually just concentrate on the game. Sometimes if I'm playing a Sim with the Angling Ace aspiration, I'll set them up with a stack of bait and then go start a load of laundry, get a snack, feed my cats or some other task easily finished in a few minutes while they fish. By the time I get back, their bait is usually gone, one or more of their needs are close to tanking and their inventory is brimming with fish/objects.

I sometimes do the same with Sims just starting out with a musical instrument. I mute the sound (self explanatory o.O), tell them to 'practice' and go do something for a few minutes. It also works with busking too since they can earn tips even when just practicing. :)

When they max out the guitar or violin skills, I like to queue them up with a bunch of songs and just sit and listen to them play. Especially the latin and ballad selections. Some of them are so beautiful. <3
  • spookybeansspookybeans Posts: 5 New Member
    I talk to my friends a lot, I like to constantly update them (Especially my boyfriend) on what my Sims are doing and send them tons of pics. Maybe it's annoying, but I've never been told to stop! hehe
    I talk to my friends a lot, I like to constantly update them (Especially my boyfriend) on what my Sims are doing and send them tons of pics. Maybe it's annoying, but I've never been told to stop! hehe

Lol, yeah, I have the Marco Polo app, and I'll tell my best friend about what's happening. He gets so lost before I'm like "oh, yeah, not everyone speaks Sims."
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    If I'm playing the sims, I'm playing the sims (and maybe listening to music too).
    If I pause the game, I could be doing anything.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,835 Member
    edited July 2018
    I usually have a program on tv with the tv volume muted. Something like House Hunters, Flip or Flop, or any of the other HGTV shows that focus on decorating and renovation that don't require me to really pay close attention. I like looking for ideas I can recreate in my sim's homes.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I also do genealogy so while my sims are busy sleeping or gaining skills I go through and file some of the many records that I have already recorded in the genealogy program. I actually save the filing for this time.
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I mainly listen to music or have YouTube videos going on in the background.
  • SilentMichaelSilentMichael Posts: 103 Member
    I watch tv while playing the sims game.
    Hello, How are you?
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    When my sims are doing boring stuff, like sleep or work on skills, I usually keep myself busy with knitting or crochet. I get restless if I just sit here and watch them, need to keep me occupied with more productive stuff.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Generally taking care of ferrets or mother in law
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    When I play, I concentrate fully on the game. I do listen to music when I'm building though.
  • BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    I am a stay at home mom. I run my household. I play in about 15 to 30 minute blocks when time allows for a break.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    I usually just play, but sometimes I have a Sims lets play going in the Background :)