Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do while playing The Sims?

Comments

• LaVitaESabelLaVitaESabel Posts: 43 Member
    I am playing while working, it is kinda of my stress reliever when I feel tired of my task at work.
  • Holy_CowHoly_Cow Posts: 47 Member
    I watch Netflix on my TV while playing...
    Holy cow! I completed the Grilled Cheese Aspiration! :P
  • ActualFannibalActualFannibal Posts: 44 Member
    Youtube. Got my earbuds, a playlist of creepypasta readings, and I'm good to go.
  • StormySkyStormySky Posts: 35 Member
    I am playing while working, it is kinda of my stress reliever when I feel tired of my task at work.

Girl, yahs. I like your style
  • Potter1013Potter1013 Posts: 20 Member
    Well I usually listen to music on my playlist on youtube
  • jbt18jbt18 Posts: 41 Member
    I simply to like to play and watch tv at the same time.
  • mamasquirrelmamasquirrel Posts: 2,065 Member
    Listen to music or find myself talking to my sims out loud about what are doing. Usually, not doing what the puppet master has asked lol.
    yXW40Hz.png?1
  • XHails_HaileyXXHails_HaileyX Posts: 14 New Member
    Depending on the day, I'm doing one out of 3 things while playing Sims.

1) Catching up on Youtube videos or Twitch Vods that I missed because of work, basically letting my Sims just run around and do whatever.
    2) Writing some more on my book (that I'll probably never finish), also letting my Sims do whatever.
    3) Muting the game and playing Spotify in the background, which is when I actually focus on the game. But this is only for Sims 3. If I'm playing Sims 1 or 2, I'm cranking up the music in game to high and never leaving Sims 1 build/buy or Sims 2 CAS because of the soundtracks
  • vanilleonsimsvanilleonsims Posts: 40 Member
    Sometimes I listen to music or facetime with a friend while she plays sims too, but most of the time I just focus on my game.
  • SmoochsSmoochs Posts: 168 Member
    Either I just play Sims, listen to my music on shuffle, or watch a YouTuber of some kind (Vanoss, Dan & Phil, Dollightful, etc.).

You are loved!
  • lovelyskysxlovelyskysx Posts: 93 Member
    I listen to music, go on Twitter or whatsoever.
  • A_Simmer123A_Simmer123 Posts: 57 Member
    I talk to my Sims and occasionally pause the game and go on forums.
  • lydiaofmemeteamlydiaofmemeteam Posts: 32 Member
    I like to listen to music or a stream when I play. Sometimes I listen to podcasts as well.
  • boskos456boskos456 Posts: 66 Member
    In short: play, build, makeover other sims in the game, imagine things I could do next time or after I can finally buy another pack.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I play Sims. I had no idea a different answer was even possible :D
    5JZ57S6.png
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I tend to watch/listen to YouTube videos. Especially while building. I just like to have something to fill the silence, since I'm not really in love with TS4's build music.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    StormySky wrote: »
    Hey there!
    I thought I would start a conversation about all of you like me who do other things while playing your sims game. I usually mute mine and listen to an audio book (currently it's Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) or sometimes I will have Netflix going on my chromebook (currently binges are Galavant and The Originals).
    What are y'all up to?

:s:(:/:o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    I usually watch TV, but I only watch shows I don't need to pay attention to or movies I have seen before. Otherwise I get distracted and I'm like dang it my sims been off doing their own thing for like 30 minutes because I was distracted. Although, Harry Potter always distracts me :smiley: Also, I play a lot when my fiancee takes over he TV to play his Xbox or PS4, so I will sit on the couch and play on my laptop while he plays other games on the consoles.
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Usually I just give the game my full attention, though sometimes I like lowering the game volume and listening to youtube videos in the background while I play.
  • Jenny0729Jenny0729 Posts: 23 Member
    I watch netflix or hulu usually a new show I'm not really sure about and if it can distract me from The Sims then I know it might be worth watching. This week Haunting of the Hill House managed to do that and I binged it all day while sick and not fully paying attention to my game.
  • naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    Watch video/listen to music
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    Smoochs wrote: »
    Either I just play Sims, listen to my music on shuffle, or watch a YouTuber of some kind (Vanoss, Dan & Phil, Dollightful, etc.).

Dan and Phil, I like that :D
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    If I am creating new sims, I tend to have a music player going (sometimes the songs I listen to end up helping with the sim I create of the place I make.) Otherwise I will be on this forum posting while my sims are sleeping/at work in the old rabbit hole.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I usually listen to music. Sometimes I will listen to something on Netflix or on YouTube.
  • MeluseathMeluseath Posts: 10 New Member
    Not much outside from recording for YT the actual Sims drama developing on the screen (because I somehow decided to create a new challenge and make a YouTube channel out of it (search for "The Sims 4 - Let's Play - Ultra Achiever challenge", if you are curious)), ...taking notes, playing with 1 and 3 and pause....hahaha