Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nicki Minaj's Masquerade Ball Mafia // Mafia Wins!

Comments

• Options
    KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    Hi. I totally forgot about this. Do you still need one more person? If so, I'd be happy to play.

Yess!! Omg, thank you! Would you prefer as a lady or a gentleman?

I'm a gentleman, but I'm bigender, so whatever's easier for you.

Well, I'll put you in the gentleman list!

It's just for setup specific purposes. :smiley:
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Hi. I totally forgot about this. Do you still need one more person? If so, I'd be happy to play.

Oh right. That makes sense since it's masquerade. :D
  • Options
    Since we have the needed players, I'll send the role PMs tomorrow when I wake up or maybe right now if I'm feeling up for it, but it's getting late here.

• Options

Oh right. That makes sense since it's masquerade. :D

Yup! It has a dance thingy mechanic on it.

• Options
    Soooooo, at the signups phase of the game, a player should state if she will be a lady or a gentleman (doesn't matter if you are a male and wants to signup as a lady). A gentleman can ask a lady to dance and a lady can only accept a dance if she is asked by a gentleman.

So the game will move to the Pre-dance phase after I sent out your alignment. A town player will be revealed as town soon as this phase has started. This phase is the only phase a gentleman can ask a lady to dance. This phase will probably be 24 hours long, less or more. Please if you wanna ask a lady to dance, bold, so that it wouldn't be hard to miss out for me and for the other players. Same as the lady if you wanna accept or reject a dance. Yes, a lady can reject a dance and a gentleman can rescind his action, but after a lady had accepted a dance, it's final and can't leave her partner. Sooo, what happens with the gent and the lady now? They become lovers (a role wherein two players will die together) and will have a private chat to talk about the gane.

Example:
    Keyen: I really really wanna ask Nicki to dance. Nicki, can we dance?
    Nicki: I'm not sure if you are town but yes, you can dance with me.

A player who does not have a partner by deadline will automatically be eliminated from the game (death).

Next, we move to the First Dance phase. This is like the day phase of a normal mafia game. It will also end after 48 hours, less or more. Players will of course discuss the game. This dance (as well as the second dance) is nightless, meaning if a pair is lynched, the game is still on its first dance and will not move to the next phase. Instead, you can still lynch another pair. You can also leave the dance with your partner, resulting into your death. Please bold your action if you wish to leave. Also, you can vote players individually, but at the time of their lynch, they will be lynched with their partner. The timer will reset to 48 hours again if a player leaves the dance, but a lynch will not reset the deadline. This phase will end if there are 8 players or fewer or if the deadline is reached.

Example:
    Keyen: I thin u is scum, nicki!!! u betrayeth me!!!
    Nicki: nuuuu!!! i iz not
    Keyen: i will leave the dance

The next phase is the Intermission. This functions as night wherein all players can't talk. The mafias can plot who they're going to kill. This phase is 24 hours long, less or more.

After the intermission, we have the Second Dance. This is similar to the first dance and will continue until the game's end. No deadline.

Just quoting this for people who are still confused. It's not really that complicated when you actually play it.

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Since we have the needed players, I'll send the role PMs tomorrow when I wake up or maybe right now if I'm feeling up for it, but it's getting late here.

yay! I'm so excited for this game.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    citysimmer wrote: »

@citysimmer thanks for reminding me. :D
    I had completely forgotten about mafia. XD
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member

no problem. DeKay had tagged you, but I didn't know if you saw it.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options

She did? I must have missed it. Sorry @DeKay , but thanks for tagging me too.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member

citysimmer thanks for reminding me. :D

She did? I must have missed it. Sorry DeKay , but thanks for tagging me too.

It's okay. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Sending out Role PMs!

• Options
    Please also bear with me as I'd probably have a spam block.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    After you've read the rules, setups, and mechanics of the game, a creepy masked person distributed an envelope to everybody. You were nervous, but you've decided to stay calm. Your shaking fingers opened the envelope. There was a card with a pink handwriting to it. You carefully read it. At the end of the card, there was Nicki Minaj's signature.

The butterflies in your stomach is getting stronger. The palms of your hands is getting sweaty. The masked emcee stood up from her chair. She looked at everybody.

"Now, that you've received your role, I guess it's the right time to start the game, isn't it?" Says the emcee with a mischievous tone on her masked face. You looked at everybody. They were wearing their masks and it's hard to tell if you are the only one in a tense mood with a sweaty hands, but the atmosphere of the ballroom was pretty chill and that makes it really creepy.

The emcee motioned someone. A tall gentleman went on stage. Everybody looked at him. Nicki Minaj stood up from her throne and went beside the guy.

"Remove your mask, dear." Nicki Minaj started with a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 accent.

He removed his mask and it revealed a face.

nATLX5L8F5A0J.jpg

Everybody stayed chill, but you didn't. You were shaking.

Nicki Minaj looked at everybody, "The pre-dance has started. Gentleman Zinnia is town."

A loud music started playing.

• Options
    Good luck everybody!! If you have questions, feel free to ask. Pre-dance phase will end in 48 hours or if one player is left without a partner.

• Options
    Hmm.

Ask to dance: citysimmer

LET'S GO.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    Uh, how come Zinnia’s role was revealed? (I think I’m missing something here?)
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Setup and Mechanics
    • You must sign up as a Gentleman or a Lady.
    • This is a 13 player setup. 10 Townies and 3 Mafias.
    • The game will include four phases: pre-dance, first dance, intermission, and second dance instead of the usual nights and days.
    • One player will be confirmed as town at the game start.
    • At pre-game, players will only be sent their alignment: Town or Mafia.
    • During the pre-dance, a Gentleman can ask a Lady to the dance in the thread. Each Lady can accept only one dance proposal. Please bold if you wanna ask someone if you're a gentleman and if you wanna accept a proposal if you're a lady.
    • At the end of the pre-dance, any player who doesn't have a dance partner will be asked to leave the dance. (death)
    • Each dance pair will then become Lovers, and they will be given a private chat to discuss the game.
    • During the dances, normal NIGHTLESS lynch mechanics will take over. This means that a lynch will not move to night, instead it's still day, and you can still lynch another pair.
    • First dance will end if there are 8 players or fewer left alive or deadline is reached. During the intermission, Mafia may secretly force one of the dance pairs to leave (kill them). Second dance will then begin, and continue until the game's end.
    • Also, at any point during the dance, a player may voluntarily leave (he/she dies and his/her alignment flips), which forces his/her partner to leave as well. This means they'll die. Please don't forget to BOLD if you're going to leave the dance.

• Options
    Thank you @the_greenplumbob. I didn’t see that earlier. :)
  • Options
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    Thank you @the_greenplumbob. I didn’t see that earlier. :)

That's ok :)
  • Options
    UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member
    This is kind of nervewracking! I don't want to be left without a partner but I don't want to be paired with scum either :/
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
  • Options
    UniSims wrote: »
    This is kind of nervewracking! I don't want to be left without a partner but I don't want to be paired with scum either :/

It's not that bad being paired with a scum. The only bad part is that you will get lynched along with them. XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Y'know I didn't think this being a gentleman thing through. Gotta ask a lady if they want to dance.

Lol this is the person that's struggled with finding a partner/group for projects for years. Guess I'll get some practice today. :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    Y'know I didn't think this being a gentleman thing through. Gotta ask a lady if they want to dance.

Lol this is the person that's struggled with finding a partner/group for projects for years. Guess I'll get some practice today. :sweat_smile:

Aha yeah that's why I decided to become a lady, I didn't want to have the pressure of asking someone for a dance :joy: if my love life irl is anything to go by, I probably wouldn't have much luck :joy: (well this just got a bit too real :cry:)
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm outgoing online. If we were playing this in real life, I would have chosen to be a lady cuz I AIN'T GONNA ASK NOBODY.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Aha yeah that's why I decided to become a lady, I didn't want to have the pressure of asking someone for a dance :joy: if my love life irl is anything to go by, I probably wouldn't have much luck :joy: (well this just got a bit too real :cry:)

My dude, I was everyone's last option for group projects and gym class when I was a kid. I understand.

So hey, @the_greenplumbob wanna be my dance partner for this? We can team up! :D