Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nicki Minaj's Masquerade Ball Mafia // Mafia Wins!

KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
edited July 2018 in Off Topic Chat
Welcome to Nicki Minaj's Masquerade Ball Mafia!

You walk in on an anonymous party that you were invited to. Everyone was wearing masks, including you. The night is still young, the full moon was shining brightly. The ballroom was very large and luxurious. It was designed with gold aesthetics and is lit with beautiful shades of pink, violet, and red. You sit, hoping someone would talk to you, but you only hear a woman rapping on the background. After what seems like an hour, you hear the music change. A group of masked dancers went on stage. They danced and welcomed someone -- The Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj.

tumblr_p87vp1hN3M1u5mw4uo1_500.gif
tumblr_p87vp1hN3M1u5mw4uo4_500.gif
tumblr_p87vp1hN3M1u5mw4uo5_500.gif

Afterwards, someone walked in front of the stage with a creepy mask as the dancers. Someone delivered a mic to her. She smiled at everyone. You can tell based on the movement of the mask. She began talking and explained why you are here.

"Welcome, Barbs and Kens to our Masquerade Ball! You are here to celebrate the reign of our one and true Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj. However, you are not here to dance and socialize, you are here to play a game." She said. She reached onto one of her hidden pockets and grabbed a what seems like a remote controller. She clicked a big button and a large screen appeared. You read it and realized it was the rules, setup, and the mechanics of the game.
Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

Post edited by Keyenpeydee on

Comments

• KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    edited June 2018
    RULES
    General
    • Don’t rules-lawyer. Don’t act like you’re the mod.
    • All site-wide rules apply.
    • Talking about this game outside of this thread is forbidden.
    • Never communicate privately unless your role states otherwise.
    • Please be active as much as possible.
    • If you feel attacked/bullied/harrased etc., don't hesitate to PM me.
    • Do not take everything too seriously or personally.
    • Don’t be rude to people. You also need to respect your mod.
    • Never quote private-moderator information unless I stated it. You can paraphrase if you want.
    • Don't hesitate to ask. If something is unclear, ask. If something needs to be clarified, ask.
    • You should respect every mod decisions that I decided. If you feel that I did wrong, PM me and we can talk about it.
    • I have the right to ignore questions that may influence the game.
    • Strictly NO talking on-topic at night. Off-topic is fine.
    II. Night Actions
    • PM me your night actions (including if it's no action) before the night deadline is up.
    • If you do not submit one, I will default to doing nothing.
    • I highly recommend mafia members to send their night action via their group message and in bolded.
    • Mafia members can also PM me their night action if they wish it done privately.
    • Should the mafia send their night actions unbolded, I will assume no action.
    III. Voting and Lynches
    • A lynch happens when 50% + 1 voters agree (Majority Lynch).
    • Once the Hammer happens, you cannot unvote nor vote other people.
    • Everyone, including the lynchee, can still post until I post the flip.
    • I won’t count a vote that is unclear.
    • Votes must be written in Vote: Nicki Minaj tag. Votes that are not tagged will not be counted.
    • You can vote No Lynch if you want to.
    • As much as possible, I will try to post vote counts once every page.
    • Votes in quotes, spoiler tags or otherwise hidden will also not be counted.
    IV. Deadlines
    • Each day will last 20 hours. Night will last 4 hours. Extensions would be considered if needed.
    • I encourage quick nights, so feel free to vote quick night if it's night.
    • If the deadline has been reached and I’m not able to end it at that time, just wait for me to come online.
    • If you die, please refrain from posting posts that may ruin/interfere the game.
    V. Replacements and Modkills
    • If you wish to be replaced, state it on the thread or PM me.
    • You may be force-replaced if you broke some rules.
    • You may also be modkilled if force-replacing can't fix the problem.
    • All the replacements being made is my decision.
    VI. Mod-errors
    • If I did some error(s) regarding the game, it is my responsibility to fix the problem.
    • If the only way to fix the problem affects this kind of thing, please be considerate.
    • If we can't fix the problem, then let's hug each other and cry.
    VII. Activity
    • I will force-replace a player if they're completely inactive for 2 game days.
    • Activity is highly needed in the game.
    VIII. Miscellaneous
    • I will use this shade of pink as my mod color. Please do not post using this color.
    • Do not use hard to read texts.
    • If you want to say something to me, address me by PM or stating it in the thread with @Mod or @Keyenpeydee or @NickiMinaj and bolding it.
    • As I stated, If you break any rules, I may force-replace or modkill you.
    • Lastly, Enjoy the game!

edited June 2018
    Setup and Mechanics
    • You must sign up as a Gentleman or a Lady.
    • This is a 13 player setup. 10 Townies and 3 Mafias.
    • The game will include four phases: pre-dance, first dance, intermission, and second dance instead of the usual nights and days.
    • One player will be confirmed as town at the game start.
    • At pre-game, players will only be sent their alignment: Town or Mafia.
    • During the pre-dance, a Gentleman can ask a Lady to the dance in the thread. Each Lady can accept only one dance proposal. Please bold if you wanna ask someone if you're a gentleman and if you wanna accept a proposal if you're a lady.
    • At the end of the pre-dance, any player who doesn't have a dance partner will be asked to leave the dance. (death)
    • Each dance pair will then become Lovers, and they will be given a private chat to discuss the game.
    • During the dances, normal NIGHTLESS lynch mechanics will take over. This means that a lynch will not move to night, instead it's still day, and you can still lynch another pair.
    • First dance will end if there are 8 players or fewer left alive or deadline is reached. During the intermission, Mafia may secretly force one of the dance pairs to leave (kill them). Second dance will then begin, and continue until the game's end.
    • Also, at any point during the dance, a player may voluntarily leave (he/she dies and his/her alignment flips), which forces his/her partner to leave as well. This means they'll die. Please don't forget to BOLD if you're going to leave the dance.

edited July 2018
    Playerlists

Gentlemen:
    1. Bella, Town, has left the first dance.
    2. Zinnia, Confirmed Town, has left the pre-dance.
    3. DeKay, Town, has left the second dance.
    4. Lyoufln, Town, has left the second dance.
    5. UniSims. Town, has left the intermission.
    6. Rose Submarine, Town, has left the second dance.
    7. Simscognito, Mafia, has won the game!

Ladies
    1. Bubbz, Town, has left the second dance.
    2. Citysimmer, Town, has left the second dance.
    3. Plumbob, Mafia, has won the game!
    4. Charlie Zinnia, Town, has left the intermission.
    5. Submarine, Town, has left the first dance.
    6. Lilli, Mafia, has won the game!

The Pairs
    1. Gentleman Lyoufln and Lady Plumbob
    2. Gentleman Bella and Lady Submarine
    3. Gentleman DeKay and Lady Citysimmer
    4. Gentleman Rose Submarine and Lady Lilli
    5. Gentleman Simscognito and Lady Bubbz
    6. Gentleman Uni and Lady Charlie Zinnia
    Post edited by Keyenpeydee on

Reserved

Do not post yet!!!

I know this is confusing, so feel free to ask if you have questions. I'll do post examples on how to play the game after I eat lunch.

• mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Could I sign up?
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I’ve never done a mafia game before, but I’ve seen them pop up and this one looks interesting. I may need some guidance, but could I join? If so, I’ll be a lady, like I am irl.
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »
    I’ve never done a mafia game before, but I’ve seen them pop up and this one looks interesting. I may need some guidance, but could I join? If so, I’ll be a lady, like I am irl.

Hi, and welcome :smiley: we’re always very supportive of new players! Mafia games may sound confusing at first, but once you get used to them they’re very simple and very fun! If at any time you want to ask a question, feel free to pop it on the thread and we’ll be sure to clarify what’s going on :)
    Can I sign up keyen - I’ll be a gentleman :)
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited June 2018
    Ooh! Keyen, this was so much fun when you last hosted it -- and I love your pictures of the dancers and how you segued into the rules and mechanics. Nicely done.

If I were the dancer on the far left, I'd be a little miffed that my skirt isn't as voluminous as the others :/ I'd want a poofy skirt.

Can't play -- too busy for long-term game commitment. But I'd be interested in afterlife.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Oh, I loved this setup the last time we played! I'll play. I can be a lady, or a gent.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Bubbz3388 wrote: »
    Could I sign up?

I'll be a lady
    Oh hamburgers!
  • ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    Alright, others are actually signing up here. I would actually like to sign up as a gentleman.
    unknown.png
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I'll sign up as a lady.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I don't really understand the setup. Kinda confusing. I got lost after the intermission part.

And what do you mean a player can voluntarily leave? Why would they do that? To kill off the partner if they think the partner is scum?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Oh, also, I'll join and be a gentleman.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    In the second gif dancer on far left looks like she doesn't know what she's doing. Maybe that's why they stuck her in the flatter skirt.
    Simtown15 wrote: »

Welcome! This is my second online mafia ever. Here's a tip: don't be afraid to ask questions. :D People from Icey's most recent game know what I mean XD
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

DeKay wrote: »
    I don't really understand the setup. Kinda confusing. I got lost after the intermission part.

And what do you mean a player can voluntarily leave? Why would they do that? To kill off the partner if they think the partner is scum?

precisely.
    Can I sign up keyen - I’ll be a gentleman :)

Sorry Keyen, I'm so indecisive :joy: is it too late to ask if I can be a lady instead :joy: they sound like a more enjoyable role
    Idontrcall wrote: »

precisely.

...so if one in the couple dies, so does the other?
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• ZinniavanillaZinniavanilla Posts: 11,872 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »

precisely.

Yeah.
    unknown.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »

precisely.

Yep. You can do this if you think your partner is scum. Both my partner and I considered leaving when I played this, but then we got lynched anyway and we were both town, lol
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Ok, thanks :) Better pick wisely.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg