Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anything that would make you move on from playing TS3?

Comments

• Options
    TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    > @Bettyboop55 said:
    > TroyTalks wrote: »
    >
    > I have recently decided to start a channel on youtube primarily focusing on Sims 3 gameplay for us sims 3 lovers in 2018...one of the things I can definitely say would tempt me away from the sims 3 would be an open world in the sims 5 with less cartoony graphics and certain aspects from the sims 4 such as:
    > 1. the new power/weakness system for supernaturals.
    > 2. group holiday singing for snow day and new years
    > 3. an updated mixology system
    > 4. more entrepreneurial aspects/career options
    > 5. the santa NPC that breaks into people's houses on snow day
    > 6. the ability to expand world adventures
    > 7. and the ability to find hidden worlds or visit new planets
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You may be interested in a thread for new members which might be a better place to mention your YouTube channel. Within the rules on advertising of course :)
    >
    > As said it is always good to have a list ready just in case especially one with a lot of thought put into it. However in order to avoid this thread being closed or moved as speculation on TS5 we are considering the theoretical idea of a version 3.1 of the existing game. How your list would stack up under these circumstances I don't know. There is no denying TS4 has some nice features but if they had been enough of a temptation some of us would have moved on a long time ago. The other point is the art of the possible which may only include limited ability to code for new items and interactions. I'm just about to ask @igazor that question. You might want to stay around for the answer and rethink part of your list as necessary.
    >
    > Good luck with your project.

Thank you so much for that - and actually that's even better, the suggestion of an upgraded version of the existing game. Also, my list was just meant to be a reflection of my personal desires in terms of what would help me move on - or rather continue playing with renewed enthusiasm. I am aware that most players dislike supernatural so I certainly was giving a general list that reflects the community as a whole. One thing you brought to my attention is that many of the things on my list are quite ambitious in the context of a simple update however in TS4 i noticed that toddlers, i believe, simply came with a patch, and along with them a host of new interactions , animations , etc, so although I will rethink my list to include more practical changes , I will always keep the hope alive.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    ... Just a quick question - could you be tempted away permanently if there was an upgraded 64 bit version of the game ?

What ZeeGee said -
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    ... So you are asking if a 3.1 64 bit version would make us move on from 3? Not if other games or future series would tempt us? Probably not for me because it would undoubtably be tied to Origin. I've spent loads on computers and laptops, getting all the discs and also buying the Steam version so as to stay on 1.67 for the long term. ...

I wouldn't want just a 32 to 64 bit conversion but a rewrite and EA probably won't do that because of what igazor said -
    igazor wrote: »
    ... but that would require reassembling the TS3 development team or at least putting a new team together who has the ability and is given the time to dissect everything that had been done by the original and the various teams who worked on the EPs. That we haven't seen one single in-game change since Patch 1.66 suggests that none of this might be realistic no matter how feasible it is....

• Options
    > @igazor said:
    > How about if we collectively consider a 64-bit, retooled game engine and other such theoretical enhancements to be sort of a TS3.1 upgrade regardless of what its developers might call it and our flocking to such a thing, if it ever really existed, would not really constitute "moving on" from TS3 any more than changing patch levels or adding more EPs ever did? :)

For those of us who know nothing about game development or manufacturing , could you elaborate more about how things like a 64 - bit, retooled game engine would improve gameplay for the better? Also, could you share examples of what kinds of changes are feasible and what kinds may not be? That would be helpful for recreating my list in an earlier post.

Btw , in my last post I made, which was a response to Bettyboop55, I made a typo that I would like to correct. I said that the list I posted was a general reflection of what the community desired. That was a typo. I meant to say that my original list was - not - a general reflection of what the community desired but instead a personal one. Thanks :)
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited June 2018
    @ireneswift it really does take true love and dedication as well as money to go repurchase the packs on disk. Under those circumstances anyone might be inclined to stay with what they have. Especially if you have what you need by way of the hardware and your game is only subject to minor problems. For all of us who only play TS3 then we have already made the conscious decision to stay put. My question was aimed at finding out what if anything would make people move on. In any group there will be those who are content with the status quo and there is nothing wrong with that. In fact it shows innate honesty and thought.
    For others though moving on is a natural process if the right opportunity arises. We are discussing a "theoretical" version 3.1 which might tempt some us to move on should it ever become realistic. Your input as a long standing TS3 player would be most welcome and certainly without any obligation :)

Well, I had already participated in the discussion of what it would take to make me move on. But as I read subsequent posts by other players, I realized that no, not even the things I said before would be enough, because of how much I've spent on what I already have, and the likelihood that it would probably cost even more to buy it all again as a 64 bit game. So I thought it appropriate to say so, as somewhat of a modification of what I had said before.

But maybe if they put some of the things from other versions, like the way they did toddlers in TS4. A friend of mine plays, and what she's told me about the toddlers, I'd love to have toddlers like that in TS3. Also, when they gave away the TS2UC for free, I played it for the first time ever, and there were things there I really liked, like the sewing machine, pottery wheel, flower arranging station, magazine subscriptions, the way they actually opened car doors to get in, and the way they did the vacation worlds, plus the shopping districts where they could shop in open stores, and that bowling was played and scored as it is in real life. There would still have to be horses in the pets expansion. I definitely like horses better than dogs and cats, in large part because they don't destroy furniture and newspapers, empty their bladder in the house, get fleas, vomit up hairballs, etc.
    Post edited by IreneSwift on
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Consider yourself judged :D:D Seriously there is some cute stuff in the pack, particularly the child's bed and curtains but some of those tops (rolls her eyes just like Mother used to do. Anything that tempts players away on a permanent basis including new versions is of interest. Just as long as we don't get bogged down with TS5. I am waiting to see if anyone comes forward and says they might go back to TS2 rather than forward. I wouldn't blame them, the babies had proper legs, there were some cute toddler interactions and a proper business pack. What we are seeing is people wanting a 64 bit version of the game. Perhaps people are wary of mentioning other games on a sims forum. I am considering one called Black Desert which apparently has quite a good CAS and I like the sound of Animal Crossing. On the whole though I do love TS3 <3

:lol: I like the counters and those lamps are just adorable. And the red dress! Not so much the other clothes.

About TS2, I got the UC for free and played it a little before that laptop crashed. If I were 'forced' to move on from TS3 for whatever reason, I would definitely turn to TS2. I found it just as addictive and fun to play as TS3, though I did miss CASt and the needs were rather intense. Having a way to turn off some of the EPs would have helped because it was a little overwhelming to have everything at once when you don't know what you're doing. :) But it was FUN! Remi's videos have also made me really want to play Mortimer and his kids too.

And concerning other games, my mantra is 'I'm a simmer, not a gamer'. I don't care anything about other games. J
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    @TroyTalks I love the Supernatural pack, it is right up there in the top three. So the item on your list relating to supernatural powers interested me.

The entire forum knows I can just about switch on a computer but if you go to page 3 @igazor sets out what might be done as part of a theoretical upgrade. The paragraph of most interest is the one where he talks about his preferred option. This would certainly improve the game but would involve a total rewrite. The reason we are calling it a theoretical upgrade is the decision on an upgrade is EA's to make and not once in 4 years since the launch of TS4 has the company muted the idea. Without knowing EA's long term policy for the game it is not wise to invest any hope in it happening. There are further obstacles as @igazor points out such as the TS3 development team being stood down which makes the theoretical becoming reality very unlikely. Sorry if that comes across as negative but there is no point in fostering false hope.

With all that in mind it is fun to say what we would like to see with an upgrade but we have also to be realistic. Your list showed what would make you consider "moving on". If you look at others' wish lists there are similarities but also some interesting differences. Also some of us are very much content with what we have while others of us might move on and not necessarily to another sim game. What is clear is whatever people are playing at the moment they are happy with their choice :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    @Bettyboop55 - I guess you feel about tanning booths the same way that I do about coffee makers and bowling alleys. And bowling alleys that serve coffee, of course. :)

Again still in the realm of the theoretical, I think once we start talking about more realistic sims (this means behavior, or possibly just appearance or both?), and adding building tools, we might not be talking about TS3.1 anymore but a different game. Or maybe I am reading too much into this question.

EA of course has the ability to add whatever they can to the existing game but that would require reassembling the TS3 development team or at least putting a new team together who has the ability and is given the time to dissect everything that had been done by the original and the various teams who worked on the EPs. That we haven't seen one single in-game change since Patch 1.66 suggests that none of this might be realistic no matter how feasible it is. But from what I understand other game companies have done this, someone was here recently praising a game they loved to play that returned after ten years with a new patch suddenly.

I believe there is a market out there (I mean out here) for this theoretical TS3.1 or some other iteration that follows in the footsteps of TS3 and continues the wonderful things that it started. And when I get to run EA for myself, I will make that known to everyone else there but am afraid in the meantime they probably aren't going to listen. :/

I think people would have to be very explicht about what they meant by realistic sims. Personally I want avatars which are more human so better skin textures, beards and hair textures. I am relatively happy with the behaviours. Others I know from previous threads would be utterly creeper out by a more realistic sim.

As ever I appreciate what you are saying. The ultimate decision on the future if TS3 including upgrades, ultimate collections rests exclusively with EA. As long as we don't foster false hope I think it interesting to explore what might or might not encourage us to move on. I am enjoying what I have at the moment but as an adult I accept that all good things have to end sometime. Here I suspect most of us will work hard to delay that inevitable day and I see you as being an integral part of the delaying process. To find us ways of keeping our TS3 compatible computers working. I don't feel you're being CEO fits with this role. Have you also considered you will have to leave sim bowling allies and coffee machines behind? The real ones are not so exciting and you will not have time to play the game :'(
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    cwaddell wrote: »
    ... Just a quick question - could you be tempted away permanently if there was an upgraded 64 bit version of the game ?

What ZeeGee said -
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    ... So you are asking if a 3.1 64 bit version would make us move on from 3? Not if other games or future series would tempt us? Probably not for me because it would undoubtably be tied to Origin. I've spent loads on computers and laptops, getting all the discs and also buying the Steam version so as to stay on 1.67 for the long term. ...

I wouldn't want just a 32 to 64 bit conversion but a rewrite and EA probably won't do that because of what igazor said -
    ... but that would require reassembling the TS3 development team or at least putting a new team together who has the ability and is given the time to dissect everything that had been done by the original and the various teams who worked on the EPs. That we haven't seen one single in-game change since Patch 1.66 suggests that none of this might be realistic no matter how feasible it is....

Thanks for coming back to me. I love my disks. I have complete control of what goes on my computer and I can play offline any time I want. I have never played anything but the sims and I don't envisage that changing any time soon. I will do all I can to keep my game running but as I have just said to @igazor all good things must come to an end. This is partly why I asked the question about moving on because I am beginning to look at other games. I wondered if others were doing likewise. The question of a major upgrade had not really occurred to me as I am inclined to agree with igazor also but it is interesting to see the number of people who clearly have given it a lot of thought.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    > @Bettyboop55 said:
    > @TroyTalks I love the Supernatural pack, it is right up there in the top three. So the item on your list relating to supernatural powers interested me.
    >
    > The entire forum knows I can just about switch on a computer but if you go to page 3 @igazor sets out what might be done as part of a theoretical upgrade. The paragraph of most interest is the one where he talks about his preferred option. This would certainly improve the game but would involve a total rewrite. The reason we are calling it a theoretical upgrade is the decision on an upgrade is EA's to make and not once in 4 years since the launch of TS4 has the company muted the idea. Without knowing EA's long term policy for the game it is not wise to invest any hope in it happening. There are further obstacles as @igazor points out such as the TS3 development team being stood down which makes the theoretical becoming reality very unlikely. Sorry if that comes across as negative but there is no point in fostering false hope.
    >
    > With all that in mind it is fun to say what we would like to see with an upgrade but we have also to be realistic. Your list showed what would make you consider "moving on". If you look at others' wish lists there are similarities but also some interesting differences. Also some of us are very much content with what we have while others of us might move on and not necessarily to another sim game. What is clear is whatever people are playing at the moment they are happy with their choice :)

Good points! My "keep hope alive" comment was mostly a joke. I highly doubt EA will even consider it. But thanks for directing me to what igazor said. bigger worlds would be interesting. And you're right I'm pretty happy with my current game. There is so much I still haven't explored. I know some people have mentioned keeping things like the color wheel, and I definitely want it to stay but it would take more than that for me. A previous poster mentioned something about a more TS4-esque version of create a Sim. Now that's interesting.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    NabrilNabril Posts: 179 Member
    It's probably been said already, but I would move on from Sims 3 if they made Sims 5 capable of doing just about everything I can do in Sims 3 but in a 64 bit mode- which won't happen.

Sims 4 is 64 bit, but it's not even half of the game that Sims 3 is. Everything outside of your home is a rabbit hole. It's like your house is your Sims' entire world! So much of my time is spent outside of my Sim's property and I'd lose all of that in Sims 4 just to have an updated graphix engine and 64 bit. It's not worth it. I don't care what EA says in defense of this- it feels like a massive shortcut was taken to get the game on the shelves for a fraction of the development cost.

That's why I'll always play Sims 3
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I've read most of this and it has made me think what it would take me to move on. It would require a 64 bit game that had all the creative opportunities offered by Sims 3 plus Sims that behaved as individuals as they do in Sims 3. BUT - I still don't think I'd move on to any new or improved version of The Sims 3 because I assume it'd be connected to Origin.
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    edited June 2018
    thevogel wrote: »
    I would move on if there was a newer version of TS3. 64bit...updated graphics w/some of the expansions included in the base game...leaving open the opportunity for more original DLC to be added later.

I do like the sound of a 64 bit version. We can always hope :) The questions then would be which EPs to include with the base game and who would make the original DLC.

Well, If I'm being honest... I would rather EA not touch anything Sims ever again. So in a perfect world.... Paradox / Colossal Order would create a Sims 3 type game that was 64bit with some of the traditional EP's Like Seasons, Pets, Supernaturals, Generations, Ambitions, with a Story Progression engine and possibly a Celebrity system included in the base. There would be options for the players to opt out of Supernaturals, Celebrity system, and decide what weather they would prefer to have. Original DLC would be created by them (paradox / colossal order) and it would enhance things like Weather by creating disasters as DLC (tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, fire..) a Wild Animals DLC, And more Specialized Careers as DLC. I also feel there should be more Life stages. Infant, Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Mid life Adult, Senior, and Elderly. Also if people really like the Zombie thing... that could be included in a DLC pack where jobs in Nuclear Plants are available, and if your sim is not educated properly, they can inadvertently create a zombie gas that turns those effected into Zombies for a couple of sim days.

Anyway... that game, would make me jump ship in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    PeterbiltPeterbilt Posts: 6 New Member
    I've been playing the Sims 3 and 4. I have the Sims 3 on my desktop only because it doesn't run on my Mac, which I'm really disappointed about. I prefer it over 4, simply because I love the open-world design, easier customization, and cars especially. They removed so many cool things from 4 which annoys me every time I play it :-(
  • Options
    > @thevogel said:
    > Bettyboop55 wrote: »
    >
    > thevogel wrote: »
    >
    > I would move on if there was a newer version of TS3. 64bit...updated graphics w/some of the expansions included in the base game...leaving open the opportunity for more original DLC to be added later.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I do like the sound of a 64 bit version. We can always hope :) The questions then would be which EPs to include with the base game and who would make the original DLC.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, If I'm being honest... I would rather EA not touch anything Sims ever again. So in a perfect world.... Paradox / Colossal Order would create a Sims 3 type game that was 64bit with some of the traditional EP's Like Seasons, Pets, Supernaturals, Generations, Ambitions, with a Story Progression engine and possibly a Celebrity system included in the base. There would be options for the players to opt out of Supernaturals, Celebrity system, and decide what weather they would prefer to have. Original DLC would be created by them (paradox / colossal order) and it would enhance things like Weather by creating disasters as DLC (tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, fire..) a Wild Animals DLC, And more Specialized Careers as DLC. I also feel there should be more Life stages. Infant, Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, Young Adult, Adult, Mid life Adult, Senior, and Elderly. Also if people really like the Zombie thing... that could be included in a DLC pack where jobs in Nuclear Plants are available, and if your sim is not educated properly, they can inadvertently create a zombie gas that turns those effected into Zombies for a couple of sim days.
    >
    > Anyway... that game, would make me jump ship in a heartbeat.

i have the sims downloaded on origin so it would be convenient if this could be on origin. the only modification i would make to this is in addition to the zombie nuclear plant thing, the traditional full moon zombie spawner would be kept albeit optional. The full moon lighting can go away forever though. lol and for the love of spookiness i would hope for more dangerous zombies. where they have 3 days of zombie mode and then die with maybe an opportunity popping up on the 3rd day to report to a science lot or elixir shop for a cure. if the user ignores that opportunity then maybe they die. idk. i tend to get carried away when it comes to supernatural. don't mind me.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    > @Peterbilt said:
    > I've been playing the Sims 3 and 4. I have the Sims 3 on my desktop only because it doesn't run on my Mac, which I'm really disappointed about. I prefer it over 4, simply because I love the open-world design, easier customization, and cars especially. They removed so many cool things from 4 which annoys me every time I play it :-(

Same. :-( But what would you like to see in a theoretical upgrade?
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    PeterbiltPeterbilt Posts: 6 New Member
    > @TroyTalks said:
    > > @Peterbilt said:
    > > I've been playing the Sims 3 and 4. I have the Sims 3 on my desktop only because it doesn't run on my Mac, which I'm really disappointed about. I prefer it over 4, simply because I love the open-world design, easier customization, and cars especially. They removed so many cool things from 4 which annoys me every time I play it :-(
    >
    > Same. :-( But what would you like to see in a theoretical upgrade?

Probably cars. I'm a big car enthusiast and I miss having them a lot. It gave some character to my sims' front yards. It's pretty minor though. They also wouldn't be as important as they were in 3 due to the lack of a huge open world. Although the Sims 2 did have them without an open world. I'd also like some more careers from 3, like firefighters (even without the career, I miss when they'd come when there was a fire)
  • Options
    > @Peterbilt said:
    > > @TroyTalks said:
    > > > @Peterbilt said:
    > > > I've been playing the Sims 3 and 4. I have the Sims 3 on my desktop only because it doesn't run on my Mac, which I'm really disappointed about. I prefer it over 4, simply because I love the open-world design, easier customization, and cars especially. They removed so many cool things from 4 which annoys me every time I play it :-(
    > >
    > > Same. :-( But what would you like to see in a theoretical upgrade?
    >
    > Probably cars. I'm a big car enthusiast and I miss having them a lot. It gave some character to my sims' front yards. It's pretty minor though. They also wouldn't be as important as they were in 3 due to the lack of a huge open world. Although the Sims 2 did have them without an open world. I'd also like some more careers from 3, like firefighters (even without the career, I miss when they'd come when there was a fire)

Oh, nice. Do you mean more interactions with cars, like the ability to crash? or just a bigger selection. and maybe a career like Mechanic? If so, that would be awesome. I got happy over the fact that sims could actually open the door to TS3 roaring heights "fixer upper car". I bet that kind of rehaul would take an entirely different game, but it's an interesting suggestion.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    edited June 2018
    A recent Windows 10 Crash/re-load was causing me to be unable to launch TS3. After searching for dayyys and dayyys for a solution to no avail, I saw that TS4 had a 48 hr trial so I decided to give it a look. There are some things I *really* like about the game (hats separate from hair styles, the dynamics to the interactions, different walking styles, how peoples voices and demeanors reflected their mood, the fact that you can do two things at once, like eat and watch TV or how sims could be doing 2 different things and still having a conversation were all really pretty great. However the lack of CAS, the lack of an open world, the small size of the worlds that you play in, the cartoony look to the sims and the surroundings were all absolute deal breakers for me. The open world of TS3 had been something I wanted from my very first Sims game and create a style is where I find some of my greatest joy from decorating and even clothing. I play a lot of Elder Scroll games and have been on a modding tangent with Skyrim but I always come back to this game. Thank goodness TS4 crashed my OS and caused another reload of Windows 10 (something must have just been corrupt I'm guessing) and now TS3 is back to running as good as ever. Glitchy as it is, I like the sandbox too much :)
  • Options
    @ireneswift the addition of horses was genius and there used to be a whole sub culture of TS3 equine fans. As we are talking of a theoretical upgrade which might involve more realistic avatars it naturally follows we should want more realistic pets. What I would like to see gone is that wretched ice cream van although I understand there is a mod to deal with it :)

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    @Nabril thanks for posting. You bring out a valid point about engines. We have been discussing potential improvements as part of a theoretical upgrade. On page 3 @igazor sets out what a conversion to 64 bit entails.

@zeegee I know you came to the game in 2014 and must have taken a sizeable financial hit to put chase all the packs on disk. Others have relpurchased disks in order to keep playing version 1.67. I am in awe of those kind of dedicated players because I know nothing will part them from the version of the game they love. And that red dress <3

@Karritz sadly this is the digital age and Origin is the means of delivery for EA games :/ Agree with you totally about the individuality of TS3 sims, long may they continue that way :)

@thevogel mind reading is clearly a speciality of yours :D I would be jumping too.

@Peterbilt always good to see new members and it sounds like you are having fun playing both TS3 and 4 :) There are ways of playing TS3 on Mac, it might be worth you looking in the Tech section. With a theoretical upgrade to TS3 I don't see why an overhaul of the car interactions might not be considered. In TS2 the sims climbed in and out of cars properly. It would be lovely to have that back. Of course how much is doable before the upgrade technically becomes a new game is debatable even when speaking theoretically. Then it becomes how far people are prepared to see TS3 change from something they love and treasure as is.

@TroyTalks part of the fun with zombies is sending out my good witches and fairies out to lob cure potions at them. I wouldn't want that fun to disappear with an upgrade. What I would like is to stop werewolves attacking the furniture. It's bad enough when the cats do it. I would also love new life states, principally elves and goblins. In fact if we had a whole new Supernatural game with the main features of TS3 I would be very tempted to move on.

@AbellaKellaher good to hear you got your game working again :D The CASt and CAW features are two,of the biggest reasons why I have not moved on. In setting up this thread it is clear there are many of us who feel the same. Lots of simmers appear to take mini breaks too but the real message coming through is people are incredible loyal to this game and will do whatever they can to keep playing now and in the future. Who can blame them when the sandbox nature if the game gives them so much freedom to do what they most enjoy.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    What I would like to see gone is that wretched ice cream van although I understand there is a mod to deal with it :)

I actually like the ice cream van. Sometimes I send my sims out to buy themselves a treat.
  • Options
    @IreneSwift you'll ruin their appetite for lunch :p

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    I like the ice cream vans too, but I wasn't prepared to see my sim stalked by a fleet of them as he crossed the burning hot Al Simharan desert. I wonder if some game developer someplace mixed up the words "desert" and "dessert" in the coding somehow? :p

And (folds arms defiantly) I'm not jumping at a life simulation game from another source. That would be like paying to see The Muppets in concert and getting to see The Moopets instead.

165ox68zdr9nhts4g.jpg

But if Paradox/CO did this? Well then...maybe. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @igazor fret not I doubt very much there will ever be a game which comes close to the sims :D

As for deserts they are thirsty places abd even camels like ice cream. The developer was just being kind :p

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    @igazor fret not I doubt very much there will ever be a game which comes close to the sims :D

As for deserts they are thirsty places abd even camels like ice cream. The developer was just being kind :p

We didn't think anyone could come close to SimCity either... and then.... City Skylines saved us. I'm not saying we will get a Sims like game soon.... but I would not rule out that another gaming company is working on it.

The Gaming community has been a buzz with the disappointment that is palpable right now in regards to the sims franchise. If another very reputable company wants to make a life simulator game, and make it better than what has already been done... all they have to do is come to these forums and read.... the information here is like Gold.