Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anything that would make you move on from playing TS3?

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I would definitely give a life simulation game made by another company a try but that doesn't mean I would move on from TS3. There is time in my life for more than one game ;)
  • TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    > @Mikezumi said:
    > I would definitely give a life simulation game made by another company a try but that doesn't mean I would move on from TS3. There is time in my life for more than one game ;)

Agreed
    giphy.gif
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I would definitely give a life simulation game made by another company a try but that doesn't mean I would move on from TS3. There is time in my life for more than one game ;)

Totally true. I would gladly play any other sim game too. But this is my fav of all. This game is so rich in gameplay, it has taken me years to fully appreciate it and there are still a ton of things I don't know, have not tried, or am just finding out about. Did you know there was another tent you can get by completing that visa? I had no idea!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    I'd be happy to see an actual hockey rink in Sims 3 with hockey animations. C'mon EA. Stop leaving us Canadian fans out in the dust. :D You've done so well with EA Sports NHL franchise...why not put a bit of hockey into Sims. For crying out loud, you put it into FreePlay???? :D Because right now that's the only thing that could potentially redeem TS4. Or put it into TS5 along with open world, CASt, CAS, CAW...and all the other stuff that you cut out.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    @Mikezumi as I keep saying TS3 attracts and keeps some very loyal players :) . It will take something really special to make these players think of moving and in some cases not at all.

@jaletu2005 what a lovely endorsement of the game. Many players have said that they still have plenty to explore and enjoy in this game before moving on (if at all). I only got WA last year so thanks for the tip about the visa.

@Nikkei_Simmer I think the games for TS3 could do with a serious overhaul. Did you know cricket comes up as an option for the students at university. Makes me mad when I think how many boring hours it was on the radio and television as a child and now it is in the game. There was a discussion earlier about what a major upgrade to TS3 might entail. The preferred option to convert to 64 bit involved a rewrite. At what point a rewrite becomes a new game is not clear but the whole idea of an upgrade is theoretical so what would an extra sport plus pitch matter. Especially as the game already has an ice rink. The reality EA has never expressed an interest in doing an upgrade, we are not privy to what is in EA's plans for the games and the TS3 development team was stood down a long time ago. It is nice to dream though as long as we remember it is nothing more than a dream :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    edited June 2018
    t what point a rewrite becomes a new game is not clear but the whole idea of an upgrade is theoretical so what would an extra sport plus pitch matter. Especially as the game already has an ice rink. The reality EA has never expressed an interest in doing an upgrade, we are not privy to what is in EA's plans for the games and the TS3 development team was stood down a long time ago. It is nice to dream though as long as we remember it is nothing more than a dream :)

I don't think it's even in the realm of possibility that they will rewrite TS3 for 64bit. There's absolutely NO chance at all.
    TS5 on the other hand is a very distinct possibility.

The Canadian in me is sitting here going. "YOU CALL THAT AN ICE RINK!!??" TS3 ice rink is a glorified kiddie rink that you find in the mall...
    Screenshot%2B%252826%2529.jpg

THIS IS AN ICE RINK!!! EH!!!! Not just ANY OLD ICE RINK...THIS IS A HOCKEY RINK!!!!
    SimsFreePlay-Figure-Skating-Event01.jpg
    TS5 HOCKEY RINK! A MUST HAVE! >:)

I've spent a lot of time there...(in a hockey rink)...
    _DSC3959-Edit.jpg
    I'll tell you one thing...as a parent of a kid who plays hockey; When you're standing in there for at least an hour or more it gets frikkin' cold. During the course of a season they'd play quite a few games. And some rinks you'd end up having to get in the car and turn the heater on full blast to thaw out.

I mean c'mon, EA...you make a fully fleshed out NHL game every year. You can't be bothered to just make a net with hockey actions attached to it for the Sims other than for a Freeplay game?

Could be TS4. If they put a hockey rink and a hockey net with actions. I'd get TS4 just for that SP...just for gits and shiggles as well as TS4 Seasons. Those are the only TS4 EP and Stuff Pack that I'd get.

Hockey Rink with place-able Hockey net (that has following actions)
    1. Goal (any of the corners or five hole).
    2. Ring off the cross bar or either post (no goal)
    3. Miss the net completely. (shooter looks disappointed)
    4. Goalie makes the save...

Is it really that hard for a company who has a dedicated title to NHL to do a little more work with Sims?

As it is...If I had a sim playing the Hockey Career, I'd have to go out of Sims 3...and play the actual game in NHL'18 (which actually has minor hockey teams so you can play his minor career.

Have you seen this: https://youtu.be/I45nYzzxWBI The new NHL '19 trailer?

It's an abomination that they can't bring a little bit of hockey to Sims 4...with the fact that they can do this for a dedicated game that they put out yearly. To tell you the truth I could pull out my NHL2005 for PC and they have the same facial characteristics as the Sims. :D You wouldn't be able to tell 'em apart. :D
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I think what really would have been called for here is a Canadian themed store world with hockey rinks and...I don't know, maybe maple syrup, as the premium gold version added content. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    @Nikkei_Simmer I have a confession. I have only seen one ice hockey game, at Madison Square Garden and I fell asleep due to the jet lag :) You, however, are obviously a big fan as well as a dedicated parent. I wonder if you are aware of the speculation and rumour section on the TS4 forum? Recent occasions where Grant Rodiek has shown an interest in suggestions made there include CAW and introducing more Supernaturals. Only this week Grant has been conducting polls on Twitter to see what Supernaturals people want in TS4. Not that I am advocating anyone move on from TS3 on the strength of speculation and rumour but it wouldn't hurt to let your feelings on the subject of ice hockey be known :D

@igazor or as a Canadian set with the ice rink as the premium content.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
    igazor wrote: »
    I think what really would have been called for here is a Canadian themed store world with hockey rinks and...I don't know, maybe maple syrup, as the premium gold version added content. :)

Maple Syrup needs to be a food item in Sims. :D After all it has protected status in Canada. :D Sugar Maple Trees are a must have...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    > @06Bon06 said:
    > I would only stop playing Sims 3 if they announced a Sims 5 that was better than all it's predecessors.
    >
    > I own Sims 4 but it's more of a casual game for me or when i just want to have fun with the easy build mode and that stuff. I can't play it like i play Sims 3 because I miss the awesome stuff from 3. But when i play 3 I don't even care about the cool features from 4 so i want a game that is so great that i don't care about misssing features.

I'm going with TS5, as well, but only if it is actually better. In other words: What they said.

Or is there was some sort of apocalyptic scenario happening and I couldn't get to a computer.
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I can't believe I have been playing TS3 for just over nine years now. Nine years and it seems to me that there is so much I have yet to do with the game. Seeing how TS4 is evolving, I don't really hold much hope that should there come a TS5 it will be anything that will excite me, challenge me, or fulfill enough of the requirements for me to move on. It could happen, but I think it would be very unlikely, so I shall probably just stick with TS3 and be quite happy with that.
    I can't believe I have been playing TS3 for just over nine years now. Nine years and it seems to me that there is so much I have yet to do with the game. Seeing how TS4 is evolving, I don't really hold much hope that should there come a TS5 it will be anything that will excite me, challenge me, or fulfill enough of the requirements for me to move on. It could happen, but I think it would be very unlikely, so I shall probably just stick with TS3 and be quite happy with that.

I think you echo many players' sentiments but you are right it comes as a shock to realise how long you have been playing and enjoying TS3. It seems the game has some incredibly loyal and devoted fans who are content with what they have.

Sim enim est vita
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I watched a speed build in Sims 4 for a tiny house. I really, really, really love the ability to slide windows and to turn objects in any direction and scoot them a bit this way and that. So, basically the ability to slide and turn and offset is in Sims 3 for some objects, but not all. Take the swimming pool... why no diagonal walls for that? A game that treated every function from fireplace to roofs the same, that let us slide them up and down, and recolor them with a color wheel (or at least the same colors for everything) would be a great start.

I also like modulated furniture. I like a left counter and right counter and a curved as well as a diagonal option. I like to be able piece things together, but without so many options for everything to weed through.

I like having texture options, but I don't need so many. I'd like wood, metal, stone; but, not plastic. I think a Return to Sims 3 that cut out a lot of the optional color repeats (from clothes, walls, roofs, etc.) and possibly just had a limited color wheel of primary and secondary colors with a half way stop between them would satisfy me. So, I could have red or orange or orange red, you know? Being able to color things to match or compliment each other, without overwhelming with options and things to shift through might be a nice compromise.
    @ciane TS4 introduced some great building tools and it would be good to have them in an upgraded TS3. I suppose a lot would depend on how much the game engine could take even with a rewrite and upgrade to 64 bit. Modular furniture definitely would be worth having. MOO does such peculia things to the existing unmodded game that I have given up using it. Windows that you can place anywhere with the animations to open and close them is on my wish list too.

I don't see any harm in revisiting the CASt just as long as EA keep it as an integrated part of the game. I know it isn't the easiest thing to use but we both know a lot of that is practice. If we are looking at dropping textures and restricting colours to primary and secondary then I think the ability to import our own swatches should be made easier. One of the things players will need to except is an upgraded TS3 needs is a computer with sufficient power to run the game properly. CASt works better and is more stable under these circumstances.

Clothing in the game is so plentiful and that's before you start down the cc route. I wouldn't mind losing some of it providing I had the integrated ability to make and colour my own outfits.

Sim enim est vita
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited July 2018
    I think the hiders that people have made with S3PE are great at reducing multiples of the same item that are merely recolored. Now I'm looking at a way to hide some of the EA outfits I'd never choose, but that came with EPs, SPs, worlds, venues, or sets that I like some parts of.

My point on the limited color wheel is that it would be better to just have one version of everything that we could color ourselves with one tool rather than to offer different colors of each item. In the long run, it would be much more versatile and take up less space (I think, though I could be wrong) than having several options for each individual item.

So, I love being able to texture and color as I choose, but obviously this was a major effort/problem that was left out of sims 4 for a reason. Maybe, a simplified version that still offered some textures and colors across the wide spectrum of roofs, floors, walls, and clothes could work.

We can all cycle through toddler options in CAS super quickly, but some systems crash with female YA options. Being able to "throw out" what I don't want, or being able to load only what I do like ... that would help cut back enough to prevent long waits and crashing. Sets, venues, and worlds have an all or nothing approach to installation, unless you install according to individual item numbers that some simmers have found for them. Unfortunately, not all things can be installed individually.

This is something that might make me move on. Something that has what I like now, at least in a limited way; but that also offers me more - not in overwhelming quantity, but in ability to individualize everything the same way.
    Post edited by ciane on
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    edited July 2018
    even though sims 4 can be pretty boring sometimes and it makes me feel a little bit claustrophobic the multitasking and the ~fastness~ of the game made me leave sims 3. i also have explored every expansion pack, stuff pack and worlds from sims 3 so there is nothing really exciting about playing it anymore. oh yea, and the gallery, what i hated the most about sims 3 is that i had to leave the game in order to install a lot or a sim from the exchange, sims 4 made sharing so much better i just cant go back now.
    Kali_Durga wrote: »
    even though sims 4 can be pretty boring sometimes and it makes me feel a little bit claustrophobic the multitasking and the ~fastness~ of the game made me leave sims 3. i also have explored every expansion pack, stuff pack and worlds from sims 3 so there is nothing really exciting about playing it anymore. oh yea, and the gallery, what i hated the most about sims 3 is that i had to leave the game in order to install a lot or a sim from the exchange, sims 4 made sharing so much better i just cant go back now.

It sounds like you have successfully moved and are happy with your choice to do so. The new features offered by TS4 were not enough on their own for me to move. I will also say that I am a long way from the end of exploring all TS3 has to offer. Many other TS3 players have said the same. With the variety of different activities on offer and sandbox nature of the game we start in different places and explore at different rates.

There is undoubtedly a lot more stuff coming for TS4 so I hope there will be plenty for you to enjoy :)

Sim enim est vita
  • Kali_DurgaKali_Durga Posts: 197 Member
    Kali_Durga wrote: »

It sounds like you have successfully moved and are happy with your choice to do so. The new features offered by TS4 were not enough on their own for me to move. I will also say that I am a long way from the end of exploring all TS3 has to offer. Many other TS3 players have said the same. With the variety of different activities on offer and sandbox nature of the game we start in different places and explore at different rates.

There is undoubtedly a lot more stuff coming for TS4 so I hope there will be plenty for you to enjoy :)

i tried coming back to sims 3 last year and it was somewhat successful, i still love sims 3 to the bottom of my heart and it was a big part of my childhood but homegirl needs to go... i also started playing league of legends and it made me distance myself from the sims world a little, with the new seasons expansion pack im slowly coming back tho.. :p
    @ciane I think the idea of picking what you want to install is a good one. I also think a better system of filtering would work for an upgrade to TS3.

You have a very clear idea of what would be enough for you to move on. Several people here, including you, have given the matter a lot of thought. I think you are the first though to say you might accept a compromise. For some of us a lot would depend on what EA would be prepared to offer if the number of recourse was reduced and CASt was more limited.

One thing I have noticed, because I have currently uninstalled most of my store content, is I don't miss it. There is a level of duplication between store content and the packs. On the other hand without store content the choices for certain objects becomes limited, doors and staircases in particular. So for me to move on I want a more balanced approach to the items offered in packs and DLC. A dedicated fan of the sims is likely to buy both after all.

Anyway it is late here so I must sleep.

Sim enim est vita
    @Kali_Durga the good thing is TS3 will be there when you are ready to,play it again. A lot of players have grown up with the sims and move on once they become adults, going to college or out to work. From this thread it is clear some people take mini breaks from the game. Perhaps when you are happy again with your level of playing TS4 you might want to try TS3 again. Some players are very happy playing both games.

Whatever you decide I hope it works out for you. Goodnight.

Sim enim est vita
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    The only thing that could make me move on is if there's one day a TS5 with an open world, the same CAS possibilities as we now have and, of course, CAW. All this with close to RL graphics like in Assassins Creed, CoD etc... Am I asking too much? Probably. That's why I stick to my extremely modded CC-filled TS3 game... B)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    The only thing that could make me move on is if there's one day a TS5 with an open world, the same CAS possibilities as we now have and, of course, CAW. All this with close to RL graphics like in Assassins Creed, CoD etc... Am I asking too much? Probably. That's why I stick to my extremely modded CC-filled TS3 game... B)

You said everything I was about to write. I basically want a TS3 with updated, more realistic, graphics. A better AI would be nice too. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif

No it wouldn't be asking too much. What is clea are the number of players who know precisely what they want to move forward. I would adore more realistic graphics and I wouldn't mind a VR option. Can you imagine how cray it would be to walk inside your own creation. The sad thing is EA cannot give each one of us exactly what we want. There would have to be some areas of compromise, as I have said before which not everyone would accept. For now though most of us seem content with what we have, vanilla or modded :)

Sim enim est vita
    Cororon wrote: »

You said everything I was about to write. I basically want a TS3 with updated, more realistic, graphics. A better AI would be nice too. :smile:

I do miss, from TS2, how the sims would talk directly to you. With better AI I would like to see that interaction back. Perhaps we could stop before they achieve full sentience (it is going to happen soon) because then we might be considered "jailors".

Sim enim est vita
  • SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    was asking myself this just the other day, it would have to be something to do with Origin, EA, or the computer its on to make me stop playing.
    It's a fully fleshed game, still challenging & fun. Just sad that we won't be able to have it around a little longer, because hardware, and the software that runs it will change, making it harder to play.