Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there anything that would make you move on from playing TS3?

1121314151618...Next

Comments

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    My Kindle/Audible apps were an absolute lifesaver when I went into hospital last October for major surgery and in the months beforehand when I was not very well. As for my books, as my hubby says they are old friends, very much like my TS3 disks :D

I will add that I regard the sims as a real prop, both emotional and physical, when you are feeling really ill. This is something which is not as acknowledged as it should be but for me remains part of the reason why I am quite happy to keep playing for now.

I'm glad you made it through that difficult time! And that TS3 helped you get through it. In medical research, people are trying to find ways to help patients heal faster without drugs. One of them is music therapy as it helps a patient's body to relax (and thus helps the body to focus on healing), but maybe an immersive game such as TS3 can be another possible way.

Also I don't think you will have to worry about the TS3 disks not working for a long time to come. TS2 simmers were able to play them for years. I think it wasn't possible to play the game anymore on disk only when Windows 10 came out. But since TS3 is more recent and if you have Windows 10, you can back it up or create restore points before each time Windows 10 wants to update just so you can restore in case something goes wrong. Or you can just stay with an older Windows version as those are still pretty good (and far less annoying that Windows 10 and its constant updating).

As most of the forum knows I lack any real IT skills so I shall be sticking with W10 which came with my current laptop. After burning out two previous laptops before realising the specs were on the disk boxes for a reason I now use an EHD to save games and my CAW project. As well as the excellent tech section here, I am lucky to have a brother and cousin who do know a great deal about computing, so I am reasonably confident that I can keep my disk version of the game going for a good long while. That is, of course, if I can stop my nine month old kittens from scampering all over the boxes during a game of chase :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Nindigo wrote: »
    I find myself returning to TS3 with renewed vigor once again. So many things just seem better and more appealing. The other day, I actually went a little overboard in the store to be honest :D

No, I don't think I will ever move on from TS3. Go elsewhere too, yes. But not as in leaving the game as such.

Lovely to hear you are having such a good time since your return to TS3. Even better to hear you are still using the store. It is important EA realise the store is still a money earner and keeps it open for as long as possible. Anyway I hope you are putting your recent store haul to good use :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @JoAnne65 There is no penalty involved. If I even suggested one I suspect igazor would tell me off and he would be right to do so :) I think all of us currently playing TS3 have trouble seeing the future of the franchise with positivity and confidence. The truth is EA wanted and made a very different version of the sims when they created TS4. It is also true that no video game is going to suit every player 100% although TS3 comes pretty close. Also what you and I want from a future pc sims game could be very different. Therefore the creation of a future pc sims game is a real hard challenge assuming the company wants to attract the kind of player who enjoys TS3 and retain the players enjoying TS4. It is, perhaps a discussion for another day and another place :)

I cannot hope to make you feel better but you can turn this despondency about by considering this. If TS4 is going to be around for at least 3 years then that is another 3 years in which to enjoy playing TS3. There is no reason to move on if you don't want to. We have a complete, viable, flexible entertaining game with enough content, modders and cc makers to keep us all happy for years. That surely is something positive to hold on to and who knows perhaps there is someone out there with ideas for a new pc lifesimulation game .......... :)

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Wise words <3
    5JZ57S6.png