December 7 - It's time for the Friday Highlight! Head over here to check it out!
November 20 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on PC/MAC. Patch notes here.

Is there anything that would make you move on from playing TS3?

191011121315...Next

Comments

• TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 27 Member
    that's true the sims 3 even had a loner trait
    giphy.gif
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 432 Member
    I honestly gave TS4 a shot...bought some packs...didn't care for it. Went back to TS3. I don't foresee a TS5 anytime soon, and there is so much that I still want to purchase for TS3 that I am grateful that the store still exists. I don't want to move on...EVER. I don't know if my computer could handle a newer version anyway.
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,079 Member
    I honestly gave TS4 a shot...bought some packs...didn't care for it. Went back to TS3. I don't foresee a TS5 anytime soon, and there is so much that I still want to purchase for TS3 that I am grateful that the store still exists. I don't want to move on...EVER. I don't know if my computer could handle a newer version anyway.

I must admit to being surprised to see this old thread back again but believe the topic is still relevant.

There are quite a few TS3 players who have found their way back to the game after trying TS4. I also know there are some players who have never tried TS 4 and others who play both games quite happily. Luckily for all of us there is a game to suit most tastes and I belive TS3 offers the greatest variety. Whether you are a creative or someone simply looking for a game which offers a wide range of gameplay there is plenty of content to support you. Then in addition you still have an active modding and cc creator community. Long may it continue.

I think as long as you happy with TS3 then there is no point in worrying too much about compatibility for your computer with future games. Most TS3 players know you need reasonably decent computer specs to play the game. This is not the case for TS4 so it is doubtful the company would reverse this decision for any future games. Either way for most TS3 players a future game would have to be something very special indeed to make us move on.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,218 Member
    Honestly, I don't think so. I could change what my 'main' Sims game is, but I play 2-4 and enjoy them all, so I don't really see giving up 3. They all have something different to offer, so Sims 5 would basically need to be an improved Sims 3 for me to completely give it up.
    Store Wishlist
    Top Five
    My page
    Origin ID: Breazona
    TS4 wishlist: swimmable oceans, horses, farm animals, cars, university, chemistry/turn-ons and turn-offs, placing apartments anywhere, horses, color wheel, non-object babies, fleshed out elders
191011121315...Next