Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Royalty Pack

I was thinking we need some more fancy dresses and suits and things, so why not a Royalty pack? Maybe even a Princess Cordelia pack?

Comments

• Options
    puertoricanthangpuertoricanthang Posts: 88 Member
    I think that would be awesome! I would finally be able to recreate the Vanderburg's and Ichtaca's from the sims 3. ^_^
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I really want that to come. I want to play in victorian era with the vampires. A travel to past pack would also be great for me.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member
    I think what could be interesting is a pack focusing on influence. In such a pack Sims could earn influence points by doing good deeds, like donating money, being nice to a number of Sims, calming down a certain number of angry Sims, comfort a certain number of sad Sims, etc. Influence will then be linked to status, and Sims with a high amount of influence will gain an almost royal or even saint like status. On the opposite side, Sims could loose influence points by doing mean or even mischievous actions, and Sims with a very negative influence will gain a notorious status.
    Having a certain status would then unlock new interactions, that are only possible for Sims with that status. Other Sims will react to this status, by being humble and willing or even inspired in the presence of royal Sims and by being stressed out and evasive in the presence of notorious Sims.
  • Options
    Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    Sounds interesting! I'd particular like past era packs - Victorian would be great. That could make all-new The Sims packs with never before content and gameplay. I imagine it could be difficult to implement though, as it would not really fit in with most of what is in the game now. Still, I think fresh ideas like this are exciting!
  • Options
    simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    I would love this, especially if I'm playing with a royal family
  • Options
    TiaDogTiaDog Posts: 79 Member
    I would like this too! As long as we have a royalty system to it tho
    Sims Games I like to play - Sims 2 / Sims Medieval / Sims 2 Pets ( Wii ) / MySims / MySims Kingdom ( Wii )
    i-like-to-be-alone-but-i-hate-being-lonely-quote-1.jpg
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I want modern royals, so a monarchy system that can cover multiple eras would be nice.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    I want modern royals, so a monarchy system that can cover multiple eras would be nice.

Ooh, I like the idea of that....
  • Options
    Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
    Klthf wrote: »
    I think what could be interesting is a pack focusing on influence. In such a pack Sims could earn influence points by doing good deeds, like donating money, being nice to a number of Sims, calming down a certain number of angry Sims, comfort a certain number of sad Sims, etc. Influence will then be linked to status, and Sims with a high amount of influence will gain an almost royal or even saint like status. On the opposite side, Sims could loose influence points by doing mean or even mischievous actions, and Sims with a very negative influence will gain a notorious status.
    Having a certain status would then unlock new interactions, that are only possible for Sims with that status. Other Sims will react to this status, by being humble and willing or even inspired in the presence of royal Sims and by being stressed out and evasive in the presence of notorious Sims.

I think this is a cool idea, it allows for multiple types of game play - including royalty, or really any kind of fame. I'd like to see fame added in some way to TS4.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited June 2018
    I've wanted a Medieval royalty pack for ages. I wanted it in TS3, but we just got a separate game completely for Medieval. :'( Other historically themed royalty stuff would be awesome too. I'm not too interested in seeing a modern themed royalty pack though.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited June 2018
    somewhere on another page there's a simliar thread to this

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/940240/how-about-a-royalty-game-pack#latest

@EA_Mage @EA_Lana could we merge the two Royalty threads?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    I'd love a victorian pack. Vampires was a step in the right direction but just didn't quite hit the mark
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    I'd love a victorian pack. Vampires was a step in the right direction but just didn't quite hit the mark

I want more costumes from different time periods.
  • Options
    I want a back in time EP
    And a royalty GP
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I want a back in time EP
    And a royalty GP

@Movotti what do you want to see in a Royalty GP?

6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I want a back in time EP
    And a royalty GP

A hereditary job.
    Once you select your Monarch, their family automatically become 'royal'. Their children are princes and princesses. Once the children age up to teens, you may 'bestow a title' in addition to them being a prince or princess.

Bestow Title, an option when you hold court, you can bestow a title on family, friends, or even enemies.

Court can be held in the Throne Room.
    Court is where common sims can request that certain issues be addressed within the monarchy.
    It's also where visiting dignitaries will meet the monarch, giving you the option to invite them to dinner.

Dinner can be a normal family affair, or it can be a dinner of state

Royal sims have royal duties:
    Attend court
    Attend opening of new building
    Attend charity high tea/dinner
    Visit children's hospital
    Visit farm/animal clinic
    Attend Monarchs birthday celebration.
    Attend royal celebrations (birthdays, weddings, funerals)

Being royal is a job.
    Failure of a monarch to perform may cause the masses to demand that they abdicate. Other royals can also fall in and out of favour, but they must also try to stay in favour of the Monarch, or they may have their titles revoked! Too many scandals are not a good look for any royal family.

Basically, it's a pack with a single career, one that most that enter will never reach the top of, as there can only be one Monarch.

The pack would include a small world: the royal estate. With a main palace, two smaller palaces, made of apartments for the other branches of the royal family to live in, when they outgrow the main palace. A royal garden, for garden parties and a royal park, where you can walk the royal dogs (or ride royal ponies?)

The royal family would have a butler per household, and also live-in maids and nannies. The monarch would also have a secretary, a couple of footmen, and a cook. After breakfast, the secretary would bring the monarch the 'red box of doom', which would then lead to reading and signing papers. It's a part of the job. Get behind on the paper work, and your monarch would loose their free time under a mountain of papers.

But royal staff need days off, so sometimes, the monarch may end up cooking their own meals!

A GP such as this would need to include a few crowns and tiaras, some regalia of state, for official events. Some nice, neat outfits, such as are worn by modern royals, including formal military attire.

• Options
    rhysbarrett8rhysbarrett8 Posts: 100 Member
    I'd love a new neighborhood like the von haunt estate where there is a prebuilt classic looking estate around your palace except id like the lot to be a 64x64 rather than a 40x30
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I want a back in time EP
    And a royalty GP

A hereditary job.
    Once you select your Monarch, their family automatically become 'royal'. Their children are princes and princesses. Once the children age up to teens, you may 'bestow a title' in addition to them being a prince or princess.

Bestow Title, an option when you hold court, you can bestow a title on family, friends, or even enemies.

Court can be held in the Throne Room.
    Court is where common sims can request that certain issues be addressed within the monarchy.
    It's also where visiting dignitaries will meet the monarch, giving you the option to invite them to dinner.

Dinner can be a normal family affair, or it can be a dinner of state

Royal sims have royal duties:
    Attend court
    Attend opening of new building
    Attend charity high tea/dinner
    Visit children's hospital
    Visit farm/animal clinic
    Attend Monarchs birthday celebration.
    Attend royal celebrations (birthdays, weddings, funerals)

Being royal is a job.
    Failure of a monarch to perform may cause the masses to demand that they abdicate. Other royals can also fall in and out of favour, but they must also try to stay in favour of the Monarch, or they may have their titles revoked! Too many scandals are not a good look for any royal family.

Basically, it's a pack with a single career, one that most that enter will never reach the top of, as there can only be one Monarch.

The pack would include a small world: the royal estate. With a main palace, two smaller palaces, made of apartments for the other branches of the royal family to live in, when they outgrow the main palace. A royal garden, for garden parties and a royal park, where you can walk the royal dogs (or ride royal ponies?)

The royal family would have a butler per household, and also live-in maids and nannies. The monarch would also have a secretary, a couple of footmen, and a cook. After breakfast, the secretary would bring the monarch the 'red box of doom', which would then lead to reading and signing papers. It's a part of the job. Get behind on the paper work, and your monarch would loose their free time under a mountain of papers.

But royal staff need days off, so sometimes, the monarch may end up cooking their own meals!

A GP such as this would need to include a few crowns and tiaras, some regalia of state, for official events. Some nice, neat outfits, such as are worn by modern royals, including formal military attire.

I AM HERE FOR THIS
  • Options
    DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    YES!! I LOVE this idea! I think it would be awesome if it included both modern and medieval clothes/objects and all the stuff to build a castle. It would also be cool if there was some way to overthrow the monarchy. Holding court is one of my favorite things to do in the sims medieval. But I would love it if all this came in a straight medieval pack, too.
  • Options
    rhysbarrett8rhysbarrett8 Posts: 100 Member
    boiserie-luigi-xiv-decorative-wall-panel-3.jpg
    Rooms in this style would be lovely
  • Options
    benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    Klthf wrote: »

isnt this a lot like get famous?
  • Options
    jadessajadessa Posts: 16 Member
    A royalty theme like the movie Coming to America would be perfect!!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Crowns
    Tiaras
    Royal Robes Royal Medieval outfits
    Thrones
    Steel Blade Swordplay
    Archery Arrows
    Ruler careers/skills/traits
    ;):pB)<3
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I'm in it for the dragons. And for peasants revolting against their tyrants and executing them
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017