Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation 2018 (Patch Is Out)

Comments

• Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Leia wrote: »
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    Leia wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    It's probably easier to just clean out your mods folder entirely than just find the broken ones.

While not all items will break your game, there's not going to be new sprites so you'll find CC looks weird if placed outside. Gameplay mods will probably all break. The clothing method is changing so you don't know how it'll affect your clothes. If you've got any gardening patches it'll probably mess with those too.

Probably a good idea to play standard for a few weeks until after the first Seasons patch, when things will probably break all over again.

They did say that they worked with CC clothing so that it should work with the new Ho&Cold system. They only said custom harvestables will probably break which is obvious. I don't see why gameplay mods will all break if they didn't with Cats & Dogs. I run about 5K CC and script mods so cleaning it all out entirely just isn't an option. Never was. I just filtered out the broken stuff, waited for an update or batch fix and voila.

Yes! I was excited to hear them say that about custom content. So I’ll back up my saves but then I’m just gonna play with everything in it and if it breaks, I’ll just restore my games and remove mods and CC. I only really use one mod anyway and I’m sure it’ll be needing an update, but hopefully that won’t take too long!

I do think many actual (script) mods, perhaps even now-so-popular custom careers will break though.. I mean.. script mods always did even if they weren't in exact connection with the expansion pack... Which is sad. But thankfully, most modders are up and ready to update asap and usually updates for important mods come out in a matter of hours since EP release which is amazing. If needed, batch fixes for CC too... However... I do believe that for most CC... it won't be a good looking thing to place them out in the plains in winter. But that's just something we'll have to live with.

Yeah it’s MCCC so I know it will be affected. I’m just gonna back everything up first and try to play anyway. If I do have to remove it I’ll just have to try a fresh save game until it’s updated. But if we’re lucky, it’ll be updated after the patch next week and only need minor adjustments once the EP comes out. I have no custom careers or harvestables and I’m fine with my build and buy stuff ignoring weather for now. There may eventually be a batch fix through sims 4 studio.

Hoping the patch is Tuesday!

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Today we should be getting the big pre ep June Patch.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I wonder if alongside the glass roofs and garden overhaul we'll get any new cas/objects.
    Looking forward to trying gardening now that it will be improved. I've always enjoyed it in game but it was a hassle once you got to a few too many plants.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Well what do ya know? The amazing world of slow ball finally got in! But not yet.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    If we're not getting the patch today, they're cutting it awfully close. Update downloads on Thursday are going to run into Friday's EP downloads. I hope the servers are ready :smile:
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    @daenerystubborn same :lol: i just copied my saves, tray, and mods folders and deleted my thumbnail cache, and i've always had a duplicate save of my current household. i also turned automatic updates off for the first time.
  • Options
    Dallasking2018Dallasking2018 Posts: 73 Member
    backup everything people its time for patch so it means today patch be out
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Does the game gets updated in 2 hours? I cant ever seem to remember the time for the patches :P too many games to keep in touch with for me haha
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Does the game gets updated in 2 hours? I cant ever seem to remember the time for the patches :P too many games to keep in touch with for me haha

Yep.
  • Options
    Galu8Galu8 Posts: 15 Member
    And are we getting something new? Aside from what has been said (new roofs, gardening...?)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Got my popcorn ready for all the lists of broken mods. :# I'm gonna watch and let you guys download and find out before I do it.

I'm assuming that all the terrain replacement mods will be affected. :s
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Got my popcorn ready for all the lists of broken mods. :# I'm gonna watch and let you guys download and find out before I do it.

Lots will be affected for sure. Glad I don’t use that many. But I don’t feel I can play without my MCCC, so I’ll just be unable to play the game for a bit
  • Options
    AmaraStormAmaraStorm Posts: 80 Member
    So is it today or did I get my times mixed up?
  • Options
    Hroun_88Hroun_88 Posts: 12 New Member
    > @AmaraStorm said:
    > So is it today or did I get my times mixed up?

It is today. Anytime within the next hour, I believe.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »

Lots will be affected for sure. Glad I don’t use that many. But I don’t feel I can play without my MCCC, so I’ll just be unable to play the game for a bit

Most likely. I don't use mcc but I am thinking of trying it once it's updated again. Plus I'll have to wait for an update from S4S for batch fixes too. And my terrain grass replacements.
  • Options
    its today sometime i hope soon cause i do wanna play more but with the patch coming im having to wait on it :'(
  • Options
    Galu8 wrote: »
    And are we getting something new? Aside from what has been said (new roofs, gardening...?)

According to SimsCommunity we get a new debug cheat that lets you control plants.
  • Options
    yep downloading now
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Almost done! It's a HUGE patch! It's taken over 5 minutes!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    Why don’t the patch notes talk about the new roofs? Were they not in this patch?
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2018
    A good ones :D
    The police chief can no longer be the suspect in a crime. OR CAN THEY? No, they can’t. We fixed it. Or…no seriously. Case closed.
    Sims who are resurrected after dying from eating poisonous Pufferfish Nigiri will no longer die when they eat anything else. Sorry, seems it took us longer to get all the poison out than we would have liked.
  • Options
    The patch seems to have broken the skills cheats