Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation 2018 (Patch Is Out)

Comments

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    don't see why they would patch in rain. #1 its part of a pack that's paid content #2 it's shoving stuff down people's throats that they may or may not want.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Do you think it will break as many custom content and mods like the C&D patch did? I'm usually always looking forward to fixes and free stuff, but this time… :no_mouth:

CAS CC will probably need to be fixed to add the weather tags (hot/cold) and outerwear classifications so Sims can be dressed appropriately. If we get a seasonal planting system (where certain plants are dormant during certain seasons) custom harvestables might need to be adjusted as well, probably any mod that deals with gardening will need at least a small update. And of course script mods like MC Command Center and UI Cheats Extension will be toast. I plan to focus on building and remodeling for a few days between game release and actually playing; I'm creating a new large park in Windenburg (on one of the 64x64 lots) that will change according to the season (by switching out the lot at the start of the new season or the night before the season changes).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    The toddler swimwear category should be patched in so its base game content for future packs besides that no idea not like we are getting ocean swimming...

The gurus have already stated that it will be coming with seasons and not in the base game.
    Really? All I seen was a Guru talking about toddler swimwear and him thinking it was in the game already/

Yes. I believe it was Grant that confirmed glass roofs will be coming with the June Update to the base game.
  • Options
    Been thinking and what if swings are coming with the update? Swings should have been in the base game from the start.
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    Been thinking and what if swings are coming with the update? Swings should have been in the base game from the start.

While swings are normally in the base game, this time we got monkey bars and the pirate ship instead. I don't really see it as something that should have been in the base game, since they just changed the type of children's play equipment we received. So I don't see them patching them in.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited June 2018
    Do you think it will break as many custom content and mods like the C&D patch did? I'm usually always looking forward to fixes and free stuff, but this time… :no_mouth:

It's a massive pack with game changing elements to both the game's environment and the UI it's definitely going to break the vast majority of mods there's no doubt about that.

For CC it will depend on how the weather interacts with objects. Most of the CC that broke for Cats & Dogs was the stuff that pets interact with like tables, beds & counters because they needed to be re-coded to allow the animals to interact with them. So CC might break but it might not it will be a wait and see sort of situation. I dread the thought of all the clothing breaking though I hope it's a matter of just needing to switch a toggle on it in CAS.

They could patch in toddler swimsuits. Yeah if you don't have the EP there's nothing for them to swim in but that's not much different then the children's athletic wear section that was unused until they added basketball. And even people who don't have the patch could still dress their toddlers in swimwear while they played near the pool while adults played in it.
    Post edited by 3KNPen on
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    3KNPen wrote: »

It's a massive pack with game changing elements to both the game's environment and the UI it's definitely going to break the vast majority of mods there's no doubt about that.

For CC it will depend on how the weather interacts with objects. Most of the CC that broke for Cats & Dogs was the stuff that pets interact with like tables, beds & counters because they needed to be re-coded to allow the animals to interact with them. So CC might break but it might not it will be a wait and see sort of situation. I dread the thought of all the clothing breaking though I hope it's a matter of just needing to switch a toggle on it in CAS.

They could patch in toddler swimsuits. Yeah if you don't have the patch there's nothing for them to swim in but that's not much different then the children's athletic wear section that was unused until they added basketball. And even people who don't have the patch could still dress their toddlers in swimwear while they played near the pool while adults played in it.

I'd worry about it breaking stuff from within the game as well. I just hope if it does it gets fixed asap. This is going to be a very big patch. I'm going to have to move my slowdance mod to the desktop.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    Just in regards to the patch breaking CC and Mods...

I don't play with a lot of CC, however I do have some custom windows and doors. I imagine they will break, as windows will frost in seasons. I've seen a lot of discussion about CAS but not so much about build mode items. Just mentioning it in case anyone else uses similar CC!
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    So an update to base game gardening has been confirmed to be in the patch hopefully its easier to use this go around.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    So an update to base game gardening has been confirmed to be in the patch hopefully its easier to use this go around.

y4mVtS8sBLYzZvhbBqIKcTZmQQgSwWr3RmXUDzEisBHXFJ6AaXPgDmbv-pqtckxyirgJK16jCI9ZeicdrrafmGJURvYO211KwIQ-M_W3wmr-a-bCqbrzbKa9JOAr6OYKv6dBYxmMEkzWLwT7GqOV3sH9QYF4EAlogCH1rHDOU5B6YDN6Kb86kIWCzkIx_MrG2cxpXtSd226iITNsKYZKIYyCQ?width=624&height=279&cropmode=none
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    This will be a game changing update to the Base Game. We already know that the new glass roofs are being added and I think that we might be getting the motive cheats the gurus use during the livestreams. Anyway time to speculate about what other updates might come to this patch. This is a Pre EP Patch so it should release on June 18th or June 19th or maybe sooner.

This makes me think we're getting the motive cheats. If I'm wrong then I apologize. I could be mistaken.

Every time we get a Pre EP patch I loose my family
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The toddler swimwear category should be patched in so its base game content for future packs besides that no idea not like we are getting ocean swimming...

The gurus have already stated that it will be coming with seasons and not in the base game.
    Really? All I seen was a Guru talking about toddler swimwear and him thinking it was in the game already/

It seems useless to add Toddler swimwear in the base game, when Toddlers don't currently have any water related activities.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited June 2018
    @mika wrote: »
    I think they'll patch in rain. Rain will be put in the base game to encourage simmers to buy the Seasons pack and experience more types of weather.

Doubt it, Rain and Snow are the basically the two types of Weather Seasons EPs offer. Rain included for free means that you're really only paying for Winter and Fall as we currently have Summer, and spring has a lot of rainy days.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Either gift giving, the glass roofs, some tweaks for gardening or something complete different. Idk, it's hard to guess. We'll see soon enough.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    8 minutes if it's a patch.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Wasn't something big supposed to happening today? It is 6/7, the date that was in that teaser animation with the present they put out.
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    Wasn't something big supposed to happening today? It is 6/7, the date that was in that teaser animation with the present they put out.

The holidays/calendar trailer dropped. I think the patch is just gonna be bug fixes + glass roofs for base game. I'm pretty sure with seasons coming out this month, there won't be much more to this patch.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited June 2018
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @ChadSims2 wrote: »

It seems useless to add Toddler swimwear in the base game, when Toddlers don't currently have any water related activities.
    So you're saying you don't think toddlers will ever get any other form of water or beach activity in any possible expansion game of stuff pack and that Seasons is the only way to ever have a clothing category... That only seems to limit future possibilities I sure hope your wrong locking such a basic CAS feature to a expansion is not good and I'm not saying it should be loaded with clothing options 1 outfit for each gender would cover it so it could be expanded on depending the packs you own.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    I was in hope of the patch today
  • Options
    Eliharb wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »

The holidays/calendar trailer dropped. I think the patch is just gonna be bug fixes + glass roofs for base game. I'm pretty sure with seasons coming out this month, there won't be much more to this patch.

Patch is also revamping the gardening system.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    I think the glass roofs from the seasons trailer and perhaps the gardening upgrade will be for free.
    Plus the worlds will be set up for seasons, so expect a lot of behind the scenes stuff happening and a lot of mods breaking because of it.
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Do you guys think if we just keep saying slow dancing over and over we can will it so and it'll magically appear in the game??? Cause I'm about desperate enough to think it'll work :lol:
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    a_niles06 wrote: »
    Do you guys think if we just keep saying slow dancing over and over we can will it so and it'll magically appear in the game??? Cause I'm about desperate enough to think it'll work :lol:

Slowdancing will come in a Romantic Based Pack. Hoping in a Gamepack.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I hope it goes on Thursday this week or Tuesday.