Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring on the Mermaids/Sirens!

BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
edited May 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I want the Sims 4 to have Mermaids /Sirens in My game, The Mermaids would be colorful where as the Sirens are Darker more Evil looking , I wish to be able to have Mermaid families as well, If other Sim games had them then I see no reason why Sims 4 could not have them, with the Tails, Claws , Jewelry, clothing ect, I do not think I am the only one who wants Mermaids/Sirens in My game, I am sure that others have more Idea's bout this, am I right Sims Fans? :)
P.S. I am also still hoping for Werewolves to enter as well as True Witches, not just their outfits. :)

Comments

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I've never been a fan of mermaids, but since they live in the oceans, I fervently hope that you get your wish. ;)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    *cough* maybe they'll end up in a tropical beach world *cough*
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited August 2018
    I can only hope so, :) I am also wondering if those are added into the game , that they are with different colors for tails and such, as well as different styles.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I also want mermaids. They're my second favorite occult sims after Witches, followed by Vampires.
  • Options
    WoodGWoodG Posts: 124 Member
    I want the Sims 4 to have Mermaids /Sirens in My game, The Mermaids would be colorful where as the Sirens are Darker more Evil looking , I wish to be able to have Mermaid families as well, If other Sim games had them then I see no reason why Sims 4 could not have them, with the Tails, Claws , Jewelry, clothing ect, I do not think I am the only one who wants Mermaids/Sirens in My game, I am sure that others have more Idea's bout this, am I right Sims Fans? :)
    P.S. I am also still hoping for Werewolves to enter as well as True Witches, not just their outfits. :)

If we have a fantasy version that would be cool coz then we can have, unicorns, mermaids, elves or even fairies. Could also do quests
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    I LOVE mermaids! It’s one of my favorite sims occults (besides fairies and witches and vampires) in Sims 3.

I would love magic powers, like water control or calling the kraken again, etc. Or at the very least, some kind of siren call or charm spell. :smile:

I would love to see how they are implemented in Sims 4! :smile: (I just want official mermaids so I don’t have to use mods to get mermaids.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    The only wish I have if we do ever get mermaids is that they can stay in the water all the time. I never got comfortable with Mermaids walking around and living on land and in houses. So I hope they offer the option to not give them legs and not live in houses on dry land. That is too out there for even me. I feel they belong in the water - period.

I am not a fan of Sea Hags or Sirens that lure men to their death (I don't like killing sims) - so if they come with them - I hope they are optional - so that those who like it can have them - and me who doesn't doesn't have to have them. Then everyone can be happy. LOL.

When I think of mermaids I do not think of evil, mean characters - I think of Ariel. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    The only wish I have if we do ever get mermaids is that they can stay in the water all the time. I never got comfortable with Mermaids walking around and living on land and in houses. So I hope they offer the option to not give them legs and not live in houses on dry land. That is too out there for even me. I feel they belong in the water - period.

I am not a fan of Sea Hags or Sirens that lure men to their death (I don't like killing sims) - so if they come with them - I hope they are optional - so that those who like it can have them - and me who doesn't doesn't have to have them. Then everyone can be happy. LOL.

When I think of mermaids I do not think of evil, mean characters - I think of Ariel. LOL.

Well, here’s hoping they give options, as my idea of mermaids are different than yours, as I love the ones who can shift to leg forms and I also like the seductive siren types. :smile:

That’s what we keep asking for A LOT in Sims 4: OPTIONS!!!
    (She/her)
  • Options

Well, here’s hoping they give options, as my idea of mermaids are different than yours, as I love the ones who can shift to leg forms and I also like the seductive siren types. :smile:

That’s what we keep asking for A LOT in Sims 4: OPTIONS!!!

Yes - me too. I want every one able to play their game like the love for sure..

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    jennihopejennihope Posts: 321 Member
    I definitely love this idea. I would love to see more supernatural sims be added to the game. Mermaids are my favorite supernatural creatures I hope we get a pack based around your idea & I hope it features other supernaturals as well.
    follow my simblr: https://beautesims.tumblr.com/ <-- still under construction
    origin id: jennihope
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Mermaids and swimmable oceans would be AMAZING.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I want mermaids so much. If they get the vampire treatment they could be amazing. Would also love an underwater neighbourhood where they could live but sadly I expect that will not happen.
  • Options
    I want mermaids so much. If they get the vampire treatment they could be amazing. Would also love an underwater neighbourhood where they could live but sadly I expect that will not happen.

Yeah, that would be neat. I'd much rather they stayed in the water - then popped out legs like they did in Sims 3. That sort of blew my mind. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited September 2018

Yeah, that would be neat. I'd much rather they stayed in the water - then popped out legs like they did in Sims 3. That sort of blew my mind. LOL.

Sims 3 is not the first media to have mermaids shapeshift their tails into legs, so I was not surprised at all. For example, there’s an old movie called Splash where mermaids can have human legs when dry, but gain the mermaid tail when wet. There were a couple of kids tv series that have a similar concept and maybe with some powers like H20: Just Add Water and Mako Mermaids.

All sorts of media and folklore can portray mermaids somewhat differently. :
    https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OurMermaidsAreDifferent

and

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SirensAreMermaids

Like other mythological and folklore beings, mermaids can be varied.

I can hope they provide an option for those of us who love those shape shifting mermaids who can walk amongst the humans.
    (She/her)