Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

will we find out more news in July?

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Hubby and I are always anticipating the next release for TS4. Nothing wrong with getting excited about future releases. Since Seasons is releasing June 22nd, I'm assuming they won't release anything for the month of July to keep all the focus on Seasons; August could be a free update and September I'm hoping for a Witches/Makin' Magic 2.0 game pack. There's so much more TS4 could release. Who knows, we could end up getting 2 or 3 more expansions, along with a plum load more game packs and stuff packs. Expansions I'm hoping/wishing/anticipating for Back to School/University, Vacations, and a celebrity-themed expansion like Superstar/Showtime.

I'm hoping we get another expansion in November for the holiday season. Amusement Parks would be perfect. They'd go great with Seasons.

5 MONTHS FROM SEASONS, UNLIKELY
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm wondering what our next stuff pack will be
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Hubby and I are always anticipating the next release for TS4. Nothing wrong with getting excited about future releases. Since Seasons is releasing June 22nd, I'm assuming they won't release anything for the month of July to keep all the focus on Seasons; August could be a free update and September I'm hoping for a Witches/Makin' Magic 2.0 game pack. There's so much more TS4 could release. Who knows, we could end up getting 2 or 3 more expansions, along with a plum load more game packs and stuff packs. Expansions I'm hoping/wishing/anticipating for Back to School/University, Vacations, and a celebrity-themed expansion like Superstar/Showtime.

I'm hoping we get another expansion in November for the holiday season. Amusement Parks would be perfect. They'd go great with Seasons.

1. You don’t have to yell.
    2. It’s not that unlikely. Why wouldn’t they want something for the holiday sales? Also, EPs are the only packs available as physical copies, which could be a reason for them to release another EP so soon.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm wondering what our next stuff pack will be

Hopefully Pool Stuff.
  • Options

It was unlikely for us to Get Seasons in June but yet it's happening. Chances are that they were working on this pack when they were Seasons.
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    Crossing fingers for a Witches GP in September to close the quarter. Since we didn't get beaches in Seasons, since the main focus is on the seasons, the dynamics of the weather system, and how the seasons work in other worlds, I am hoping for a Vacation expansion pack around December 11th or 12th of this year. It just wouldn't make sense for Maxis/EA not publishing new content around the holidays that would make money. Now that Cats & Dogs and Seasons (two packs that have been the most popular requested) are out of the way, maybe we will start seeing 2 expansion packs a year?

Cats & Dogs released in November of last year.
    Seasons is being released this month, which is 7 months apart from Cats & Dogs.
    So a Q4 expansion pack released towards the end of December would put it at almost 7 months, and it seems that animals and weather/changing seasons would be the most complex gameplay features that would take the most time and the most resources. But as far as learning new content in July I doubt we will see or hear about anything next month.

As I said in a previous post, I doubt it. Maxis and EA wants the main focus to be on Seasons; August we might get a new stuff pack since My First Pet was the most recent stuff pack from March. And my big hopes are for, again, Witches/Magic GP for a late September release. But I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'm just grateful that we're getting new content.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    I hope farming and university would be next.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    I've still got my fingers crossed for a Pool Stuffpack but if we get one it will probably be in August. I think July will be a dry month with the exception of the consoles so they can push Seasons for people that don't have it.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Rebbilina wrote: »

1. You don’t have to yell.
    2. It’s not that unlikely. Why wouldn’t they want something for the holiday sales? Also, EPs are the only packs available as physical copies, which could be a reason for them to release another EP so soon.

hey, who put shotgun to your head to respond to it?
    it was a mistake/. nobody forcing you to quote it!!!
    oh I am sure we will get plenty of game packs and stuff packs, but another expansion 5 months after seasons seems very unlikely to me!

come on. seasons isn't even coming until week three of this month :#

• Options
    edited June 2018

It was unlikely for us to Get Seasons in June but yet it's happening. Chances are that they were working on this pack when they were Seasons.

yes they did but don't think they will do it again in even less time than it took them to bring seasons.
    I can see more gps, sps. but another expansion within 4/5 months apart from seasons :#

i don't see it. cool if it does. not going to get my hopes up for it.
    not even released seasons yet lol.

not jumping on this 7th expansion hype train.

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited June 2018
    Crossing fingers for a Witches GP in September to close the quarter. Since we didn't get beaches in Seasons, since the main focus is on the seasons, the dynamics of the weather system, and how the seasons work in other worlds, I am hoping for a Vacation expansion pack around December 11th or 12th of this year. It just wouldn't make sense for Maxis/EA not publishing new content around the holidays that would make money. Now that Cats & Dogs and Seasons (two packs that have been the most popular requested) are out of the way, maybe we will start seeing 2 expansion packs a year?

So a Q4 expansion pack released towards the end of December would put it at almost 7 months, and it seems that animals and weather/changing seasons would be the most complex gameplay features that would take the most time and the most resources. But as far as learning new content in July I doubt we will see or hear about anything next month.

As I said in a previous post, I doubt it. Maxis and EA wants the main focus to be on Seasons; August we might get a new stuff pack since My First Pet was the most recent stuff pack from March. And my big hopes are for, again, Witches/Magic GP for a late September release. But I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'm just grateful that we're getting new content.

But maybe worlds will going to be more difficult to create with Seasons. So maybe it will take more time?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options

But maybe worlds will going to be more difficult to create with Seasons. So maybe it will take more time?

good point
  • Options
    I hope they give us some hints about whats coming next
  • Options

I wish they just told us whats coming next :/

• Options

I wish they just told us whats coming next :/

yes thats way better
  • Options
    July 1st is Sunday so we shall see if were getting a quarterly teaser Tuesday.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I would guess if they have anything to share it will be in August at Gamescom.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

So you think July is going to be a dry month. I hope not. July would be a good time to release a Summer or Pool Stuffpack.
  • Options

So you think July is going to be a dry month. I hope not. July would be a good time to release a Summer or Pool Stuffpack.

well even if nothing comes out in july they could still give us news besides we already had three dry months
  • Options

I think July is a bit too soon to release something so close to Seasons. I still haven't bought Seasons. I'm going to do a bundle, since I haven't purchased Jungle Adventures or My First Pet since they didn't appeal to me. But now, with Seasons, I gotta get them lol.

Anyway, if they did release a stuff pack I would say August. June 22nd was Seasons release, and it just seems a bit 'rushed' to release another pack a month after a major expansion.

A mid-August release for a stuff pack would sound reasonable. It seems as if every summer we do get a 'summer' themed pack, and a pool pack would be ideal. I was anticipating a possible Witches GP in September or October, but GuruGrant posted a new poll today on what Supernatural Life-State we want to see next, and witches was on the list. So IDK, maybe witches and magic is up for discussion/development. If we don't receive Witches in September, then a stuff pack in August and September would complete Q3, with a GP released in December before the holidays.
  • Options
    If the next Gamepack isn't witches it will probably be a romantic themed GP.
  • Options
    If the next Gamepack isn't witches it will probably be a romantic themed GP.

Finding Love/Romance would be AWESOME. I loved everything about the details for the Finding Love GP possibility from the poll back in 2016.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited June 2018
    I feel like the next one will be a gamepack and maybe even a stuff pack before this quarter ends. They said they didn’t include a new world in seasons so they could put more into other features of this ep, this sort of makes me think the next GP will have a new world. (Hoping so anyhow) We really need new premades to keep the background non played sims fresh, now that we’ve had toddlers for awhile, I’d like to see some families with some little toddlers, kids and babies, a park in the center of town for all ages and so on.

What I’d really love to see is a town that sort of brings food and family togethar, but along with some romanticism too. The brick oven to make pizza and flat bread at home and a nectar making station, (would make good use of the new gardening overhaul, as we could create official vineyards) A town with beautiful sunsets and pretty hillsides, that would further enhance the seasons.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Are you seriously already questioning what is going to be released after Seasons?

I'm curious as well. I m hoping for a Pool Stuffpack in July.

And watch the forums explode on why it wasn't included in seasons? Yikes. Pool stuff pack would be nice but so close to seasons would be a nightmare on here.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    With seasons out im hoping they will bring back quarterly teasers. Id actually be quite content with a stuff pack or two for now before another game pack or expansion is released.
    I hope we get some hints, as nice as it was to get seasons out of nowhere I do enjoy the speculation and the news drought wasn't exactly fun recently.
    Guess we'll see what happens next week with the beginning of Q3