Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch Speculations 2018 (Bug Fixes Only)

Comments

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I just need the bugs to be fixed, especially the one that prevents pets from interacting with each other. :s
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I just need the bugs to be fixed, especially the one that prevents pets from interacting with each other. :s

I wasn't aware that was a bug but I'm hoping for new content in this patch as well to break the Sims 4 Drought of content.
  • Options
    ElisabethDsElisabethDs Posts: 20 Member
    It would be nice if the painting glitch would be fixed.
  • Options
    Sims Mobile just got an update which adds freebies to the game. I bet that means we can expect an update to The Sims 4 Later Today.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    There was an origin update recently and they usually precede a TS4 update, so today is a good bet.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Origins updates have absolutely nothing to do with TS4 updates. The chance of a patch today is next to zero as they don’t really release patches on Thursdays unless a new pack comes out the following week.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Origins updates have absolutely nothing to do with TS4 updates. The chance of a patch today is next to zero as they don’t really release patches on Thursdays unless a new pack comes out the following week.
    True but Sims Mobile got an update today so Sims 4 could as well.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    The Sims Mobile usually has got an update every week. TS4 hasn’t ;)
  • Options
    Erpe wrote: »

Yes but this adds freebies to the game.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited May 2018
    Erpe wrote: »

Yes but this adds freebies to the game.
    ?
    The Sims Mobile is a free game that gets updates all the time to keep people interested such that they watch the adds which EA is paid to show and such that they sometimes buy extras.

TS4 is a paid offline game where the free updates only has the purpose to keep people interested in Origin and go on playing. Therefore TS4 doesn’t need free stuff in updates nearly as often as the Sims Mobile (and the Sims Freeplay) does.

The mobile games just need new stuff and new events and quests in the updates. But TS4 mainly need paid packs instead. Therefore free stuff in updates is much more limited for TS4 than it is in the mobile games such that the developers instead can concentrate on making the paid packs ;)
  • Options
    No Patch released today. :|
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member

And yesterday The Sims Twitter didn't post anything...
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    CeCeDot wrote: »

How lazy they are? Dang!
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Probably next week. I noticed that there's usually a 1-week gap between the Origin update and the patch
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

How lazy they are? Dang!

Do they need to post everyday? I didn't realize this was important...
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    BeJaWa wrote: »

How lazy they are? Dang!

They need to, other wise if I see Grant after the announcement of Seasons EP, I would rather go crazy on him (Reason - He tells me that it's not "Hip Hop" it's "Singer-Songwriter")! If you read this in bold, I got angry last time! The EA needs to get themselves a hard time to add my favorite popular music back to The Sims 4 before it's not successful like the previous games.
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited May 2018
    BeJaWa wrote: »

How lazy they are? Dang!

They need to, other wise if I see Grant after the announcement of Seasons EP, I would rather go crazy on him (Reason - He tells me that it's not "Hip Hop" it's "Singer-Songwriter")! If you read this in bold, I got angry last time! The EA needs to get themselves a hard time to add my favorite popular music back to The Sims 4 before it's not successful like the previous games.

EA Play is only a month away now. Hopefully we hear good news.
  • Options
    Console is getting a patch next week. That means a Pc Patch is also likely Next Week.
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Console is getting a patch next week. That means a Pc Patch is also likely Next Week.

Console ><
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Gelysen wrote: »

Console ><

Console and PC Updates sometimes come out on the same day. Remember the December Update? Both Console and Pc got it the same day and both got new content added to the base game.
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    I rly hope so. Also saw mobile got some Asos stuff. Would love for a brand collab in the sims 4 like back with H&M
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    I know... I KNOW! It's early. But I'm just curious if anyone thinks there'll be more than bug fixes this next patch.
    Probably just bug fixes but I'm curious on other's opinion.
    Do you think they'll rerelease the family picture?
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I hope not. Those would be boring.
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Think there's one of these threads over in Rumour & Speculation. :)
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

Merged 2 discussions here, apologies if things are a little messy :blush:

Carry on.
    -Mage