Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch Speculations 2018 (Bug Fixes Only)

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm hoping for new content since it's looking like both the PC and Console Patch will release the same week.
  • Options
    CocoapugsCocoapugs Posts: 70 Member
    peach1red wrote: »
    Burgers would be nice (I think that it would be really nice if there was option to turn them off as well). Though I'm sure there's a lot of bugs that may need fixed first. I would really like it if they added a save outfit ability in C-a-S.

I would love to save outfits and makeup styles... great idea!
  • Options
    CocoapugsCocoapugs Posts: 70 Member
    Think the patch will come today?
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Do we expect the May patch today? Four weeks have passed since the last one.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Hope so :)
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I sure hope it's today. It would be like a pool of cool water in the desert right now. :)
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    This dry spell is crazy. I have an addiction I need my sim fix with something new.
  • Options
    Nothing.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    :( *sigh*

Most likely it will be a Thursday Patch this month. Don't give up. We have a new community manager now SimGuruKate. Maybe she can get the ball rolling.
  • Options

Most likely it will be a Thursday Patch this month. Don't give up. We have a new community manager now SimGuruKate. Maybe she can get the ball rolling.

Did you notice that all the official comments about TS4 "being far from over" in the last days emphasized that more great content is coming THIS YEAR. I'm curious what next year will bring ...
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member

Did you notice that all the official comments about TS4 "being far from over" in the last days emphasized that more great content is coming THIS YEAR. I'm curious what next year will bring ...

I don't know. I mean, on one hand, I'd like to certainly think so, but on the other, I feel like they just don't want players to lose interest. I'm probably wrong on the latter option, but it's still a thought.
  • Options
    PC patch is probably Thursday. That's when the console patch is released.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    Oops, I didn't see the other post sorry.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I don't know. I mean, on one hand, I'd like to certainly think so, but on the other, I feel like they just don't want players to lose interest. I'm probably wrong on the latter option, but it's still a thought.

Simguru Kate: "We have some amazing things coming this year and I can't wait for you to experience it all … It's going to be a GREAT year!"

CEO Andrew Wilson: "We have a great deal more content coming to our PC players this year."

As a foreign speaker I would like to know if this wording doesn't sound remarkable to native speakers. I'm working in a marketing department and write such announcements often ... in January. Wishing readers a great year in May is as strange as giving them a calendar as an advertising present in May. This year is half over. They could have simply said: "A lot of content is coming in the future" or "The game will be continued for a long time." For me it sounds as if 2019 will bring TS5 or the PC franchise will end.

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member

Simguru Kate: "We have some amazing things coming this year and I can't wait for you to experience it all … It's going to be a GREAT year!"

CEO Andrew Wilson: "We have a great deal more content coming to our PC players this year."

As a foreign speaker I would like to know if this wording doesn't sound remarkable to native speakers. I'm working in a marketing department and write such announcements often ... in January. Wishing readers a great year in May is as strange as giving them a calendar as an advertising present in May. This year is half over. They could have simply said: "A lot of content is coming in the future" or "The game will be continued for a long time." For me it sounds as if 2019 will bring TS5 or the PC franchise will end.

Nope, I don't get that at all. I feel like you're reading way too much into a simple sentence expressing pleasure at what's still to come this year.
  • Options

Nope, I don't get that at all. I feel like you're reading way too much into a simple sentence expressing pleasure at what's still to come this year.

OK :D
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member

OK :D

Actually another thing to remember is they might be looking at it from the perspective of the financial year, in which case we are only a month and a half in. :)
  • Options
    BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    They always talk about the specific year we are in.
    In 2017 they said "this year will be great"
    Now in 2018 they say "we got great stuff coming this year"

It's nothing to be worried about :)

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

I mainly agree because it should be clear that they mainly just want us to be optimistic about new things for TS4 in the remaining part of 2018.

They didn’t say that we shouldn’t be optimistic about such new things in 2019 too though. But it seems anyway that they are very careful about not promising this too - which they likely wouldn’t be if they didn’t plan to announce TS5 quite soon.

So it is very doubtful if they will release anything at all (except maybe an SP or a GP) for TS4 in 2019.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member

I’m guessing next week then. Only because Memorial Day is the week after and I just feel like they won’t patch that week. Of course, it’s always possible they could bring out a patch on May 31, the last day of the month! It’s a Thursday, so not outside the realm of possibility.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

EA’s fiscal year starts at April, not January. The CEO made that statement at the end of the fiscal year earning call. So he meant that there’s a lot of content coming in the next fiscal year (April 2018-March 2019).
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2018
    Maybe bring in burglars and two lot-traits - one that makes them happen more often, and one that makes them happen LESS often. Like high crime and low crime neighbourhoods. You could make up for My First Pet with more free pet clothes too.

I feel like (hope?) the next patch will bring something new and free that they're doing in a big lump sum - why do it in two patches when you can do it in one?

Great stuff last year was Pets and Jungle Adventure, both of which went down fairly well; Stuff Packs always have a luke-warm reception.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    Maybe bring in burglars and two lot-traits - one that makes them happen more often, and one that makes them happen LESS often. Like high crime and low crime neighbourhoods. You could make up for My First Pet with more free pet clothes too.

I feel like (hope?) the next patch will bring something new and free that they're doing in a big lump sum - why do it in two patches when you can do it in one?

Great stuff last year was Pets and Jungle Adventure, both of which went down fairly well; Stuff Packs always have a luke-warm reception.

If we get burglers that means we'll have to get Npc cops and burgler alarms as well.